[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullied at a new job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1451010714096.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1451010714096.gif
421KB, 700x525px
I am being bullied by the other females at my job including my manager. One of my coworkers will always tell me I'm acting "crazy" if I shake my legs at work (it's an anxiety thing) and mocks me and asks me why I do it, blahblah. Once I licked a tiny bit of peanut butter off my hands after making a customer a smoothie and AFTER handing the smoothie to them and she slapped me on the shoulder and said "Not in front of the customer!!" She has a tendency to constantly "playfully" push and slap me. I do not want to be touched by her. She also constantly coughs in my face without covering her mouth. The other day she was just being downright nasty to me in front of the customers and she generally treats me like I am stupid/below her. My manager isn't any better--she's always saying things like "Oh, you didn't do this paperwork right, maybe this job isn't for you." or "If you hurt yourself, you'll have to find yourself a new job"... I feel like every time I go into work my job is threatened and every tiny mistake I may make will cost me my job. So finally I sent a text to my manager yesterday explaining to her that I'm being bullied by the other coworker girl and I deserve fair and equal treatment. I also said that if my coworker lays a hand on me again, even if it's playfulling pushing or slapping, I will take legal action.

Was this wrong of me to do? I was told by my older sister to say this. She told me it's assault, even if it's a joke and if it was a male co worker, he would have a police report on his hands. I'm going to go into work in a few hours and I'm nervous as fuck that they might fire me over this.

what do?
>>
>>17427239
They might, but then they might also have a wrongful termination lawsuit on their hands.
>>
>>17427239

>She has a tendency to constantly "playfully" push and slap me. I do not want to be touched by her
If she did that, you should've just asked her not to touch you.

Tell her to not cough in your face when she does it.

Your manager is bad at handling people, she's supposed to compliment you on your good qualities not tell you that stuff.

When you go to work they're probably going to think you are serious, they're be very serious with you (on alert) - I would be. You took a big step.

Overall, you need to speak out against mistreatment. When someone touches you, tell them not to, but when they insult you don't do anything.
>>
>>17427239
>females
>including my manager
Abandon ship. Bitches be crazy.
>>
>>17427259
I'm kind of a shy person and don't know how to really stand up for myself.

I texted her telling her if she is sick, please do not come into work and I will cover her shift and then give her my other hours so that she will not miss out on any money...

She did not take my offer and came into work sick anyway, and then gave me a cold!! I am better now but her cold has gotten worse and she still comes in and coughs in my face without covering her mouth and I believe she does this on purpose because she knows it bothers me.
>>
>>17427275
Me too, I've been touched a lot, unwanted, and the thing is that the touches (sometimes outright groping) seem socially acceptable so I tend not to complain (even though I hate it).

But people tell me to tell them not to do that, that's the only advice I get. I'm still looking for ways to get people to know I shouldn't be touched, is it so hard to respect personal space?

Whatever you do don't hit her or insult her... I hope someone else gives you a reply because I hate people who disrespect like that, but I don't think anything you can (legally) except tell them not to or (extreme) take legal action. And I'm not someone who gets very mad over this so I don't yell at them, sometimes they just don't care - it's disrespect.

It made me kind of mad to read this, they are acting like animals.
>>
>>17427298
Yeah :/ it made my sister really upset when I told her this which is why she told me to say that if she touches me again I will take legal action..

It's just not something I would ever say on my own, which is why I am now getting major anxiety about going into work today... :(

What should I do?? Should I act like everythings normal and okay? Should I ask to speak to someone? My managers reply to my text message last night was "I have read this" and that's it. She didn't say anything about being sorry or that she will address this problem with the other co worker (her friend) or anything. Just "I have read this" which I feel like means shes talking to the owners about the situation.
>>
>>17427323
Your manager isn't very friendly but don't take it too seriously. Feeling anxious right now is normal for anyone, you feel like this place is hostile. I don't know what to do but being uncomfortable is normal, i'd be visibly upset but it'll go away and you'll be happy they're not going to mess with you again.

All you did was say you felt bullied and asked to be treated fairly, the owners (who probably don't work with you) shouldn't have any reason to think that is bad on you - they more likely will get mad at everyone (if they even care, and if your manager actually tells them)

Whatever your job is, most of don't love our job and it's more stressful for anxious people. I'd endure the day until things feel better, if they mess with you again then ask them not to or tell the manager (at least she doesn't cough in your face or touch you). I know it's hard to have an outburst on them, unfortunately there are people who don't care what you say, they pick on people who act shy/weak and never mess with aggressive people like themselves.
>>
>>17427239
Bullies usually stop when you stand for yourself; they are not leashing out on you because they are strong but because they are weak. Standing for yourself shows you have power.
>>
>>17427239

You need to ask yourself some hard questions. Starting with:

Why is it hard to stand up for myself?

You will never have control over other people. No one really does, it's just the way we are.
You do have some control over yourself though.

On some level, you are choosing to be stepped on. I'm guessing that (like everyone else in the world), you are afraid that people won't like you, so you try and earn their love by "being nice".

You are not alone, and you will find that most people do dumb things to find love from their fellow man...or woman...whatever.

Bullies shit on people to make themselves feel "superior".

Doormats get walked on so they can comfort themselves with "being good", which makes them a "better" person than the bully.

We have this ingrained fear that if we confront something, things will get worse. That is a lie we tell ourselves.

You tell them to knock it off. If they don't, you are going to have to stand your ground and push back.

They don't like you (it's not personal, any new employee would be treated like this), so any act of appeasement will not get you what you want.

You can do it. I believe in you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.