[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need to get over GF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: everydaysuffering.jpg (144KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
everydaysuffering.jpg
144KB, 450x315px
my gf basically went away for 2 months on vacation and threw away 3 years of us dating for a guy in another country.

i felt like she was truly faithful and would never do this to me. turns out i was wrong

is it possible to ever truly get over something like this and someone who you spent so much time with?

i can tell the whole story if you guys want
>>
>>17426661

It's hard to buy that there were no signs or anything leading up to this, were you guys truly happy together or just going through the motions? Why was she away for 2 months without you?

You probably saw this coming in some way, people dont just up and leave their partner of 3 years or longer when things are great back home.
>>
>>17426694
she said she didnt feel loved by me. we had talked about it alot and she said that she loved everything else about the relationship. we pretty much never fought before she left and as far as problems go that was the only one

before she left there were absolutely no signs. i guess she wasnt truly happy though.

she went to africa to volunteer for 2 months. she said it was something she always wanted to do. i couldnt go with her because i didnt have the money but after this i think i shouldve tried to scrape something together
>>
>>17426705

No you shouldnt have tried to do anything in hindsight, if she left you for another guy it was bound to happen sooner or later, this is who she is and you need to accept that fact. If she didnt feel loved by you thats a flaw in your relationship that you didnt meet her needs, you're just not her ideal partner, you would definitely suit a different person much better with your personality, this is how you should think about it. Some girls are extremely insecure and require a lot of reassuring and praising to keep their self esteem high, if they dont receive it from their partner they tend to look elsewhere to friends/family and when that fails to other guys.

I'm sure this new thing she has will go nowhere fast when she realises that the grass is not always greener and this new rebound/fling of hers will likely fizzle out.
>>
>>17426718
>if they dont receive it from their partner they tend to look elsewhere to friends/family and when that fails to other guys.

this is definitely what happened to her. im pretty upset that she did this though. she was seeing this guy while she was away and didnt even break up with me when she came back. the only reason i broke it off is because i saw more and more pictures of her with this guy

she even tried to say "maybe we can get back together later" like she was just keeping me as backup. the true source of my sadness is knowing that she was capable of doing something like this after i thought i knew her so well
>>
>>17426729

How old is she? Her saying "maybe we can get back together later" could mean many things depending on your reaction to everything, if she thinks you're really upset then she likely is just saying it to make you feel better but she could also genuinely mean it, she obviously loved you enough to stay with you for 3 years and if she's in her early to mid 20's or younger then she very likely doesnt know what she wants out of life and/or relationships, she wants to keep you there as an option down the road to come back to if all else fails. Just move on with your life best you can, the best thing you can do is better yourself in her absence and down the road find someone who will appreciate you fully, so when she does come back crawling on her knees seeing how much better off you are without her needy/validation seeking ass you can kick her to the curb.
>>
>>17426743
she just turned 24. I think youre right, she did say "i dont know" alot during the whole ordeal. im already working to better myself but its hard with this constant sinking feeling in my chest

i talked to her about her actually meaning it and i think she does but after someone does something like this how could i ever even think of taking them back?
>>
>>17426661
it doesn't matter that she was away when she did this it would have happened with a coworker or the guy at the taco stand. She broadcast loud and clear she was going to find attention elsewhere and at that point nothing you did would have made a difference. She had already checked out and at that point all you are is an annoyance
>>
>>17426789
What she means is you are one option and you are not a priority. She's decided to do what she wants to do and that doesn't include a committed relationship with you.
>>
>>17426815
>>17426796
it hurts, but you guys are right. im probably just gonna cut her out of my life and move on with it

thanks guys
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.