[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dealing with bad childhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bandicam 2016-08-04 14-55-32-105.jpg (178KB, 1344x636px) Image search: [Google]
bandicam 2016-08-04 14-55-32-105.jpg
178KB, 1344x636px
Hey /adv/ why is high school so unfair? When people are bullied nothing happens but when they are retaliate they get punished. In high school I was bullied to oblivion, I spent my time in the bathroom because I wanted to isolate myself, I had no friends, my grades were going down drastically, I had extremely low confidence and self esteem, my mother was extremely sick and had constant panic attacks. My sister was diagnosed with depression. I was hanging in a group every since middle school and they did not consider me even as a friend, that is how low they thought of me. Eventually I went mad and got myself expelled, those people then laughed at me and were glad I was gone from the school. Thinking back it ruined my childhood and I'm just wondering why people don't see when a student is struggling there are many factors to it, it's not just that he is a bad student or that he is unmotivated. It usually dives deeper, factors that go outside of school. In high school it's hard to distance yourself from toxic malicious influences while in the real world there are more options. I also believe that laziness is a symptom of depression.

Your thoughts /adv/?
>>
>>17426476
Best solution to bullying is working out.
>>
>I'm just wondering why people don't see when a student is struggling there are many factors to it, it's not just that he is a bad student or that he is unmotivated. It usually dives deeper, factors that go outside of school.

Usually because they just don't care. Teens and children often lack empathy and only care about themselves and people inside their little bubble. teachers probably understood your situation but couldn't really see a solution or were unable to do the extra work involved to help you.
>>
>>17426485
(Not OP but) Except that working out isn't quite the solution, because you will get expelled or at least severely punished for using physical violence. So bullies can emotionally abuse you as much as they want, ostracize you and sabotage your group projects, but you can't hit them unless you want to be fucked over. Heck I know that the university I'm getting into, is given free reign to haze to the point of pseudo-raping the girls and singing rape songs, and the school only just decided to say "uh we might take action" after /years/ of (scathing) mass media attention. And still a lot of the students see nothing wrong with that scum behavior. I hope they fix it, because if not, I'm very likely to hurt someone, and of course I will be punished instead of the pseudo-rapist, who presumably leaves no cuts and bruises on the girl, even as they forcibly dunk her in the water

Working out helped me feel better, but it's useless for inflicting physical harm in any school setting, because bullies themselves are now reduced to forms of bullying which do not leave visible physical injuries. Working out doesn't intimidate bullies either because they know you can't hit them, so it's more important that they continue bullying the already-bullied target; if they give up, it makes them look weak and people get ideas. But working out might help if you have not been targeted yet.
>>
>>17426476
you have 2 options
the short term solution - escapism
the long term solution - be better than the ones who mocked you
>>
Boo hoo, someone always has it worse bud. I was bullied, I was chill about it didn't let it get to me, one day one cornered me in a fight, threw him to the ground and walked off. He stopped bullying me, I stopped taking shit from others, and everything calmed down because I dealt with it. My mother was abusive, she wouldn't punch me but would throw shit at me all the time, took a frying pan to the face stitches on my forehead, broke a glass jar a crossed the back of my head. Constant verbal abuse, then I finally stood up for myself, got arrested, spent 2 months in juvie. Court said she couldn't keep dad from getting me that summer, but that they had no juristiction in his state and could do nothing about me not coming back home. Cops showed up when dad came to pick me up, mom only let me get three changes of cloths and all the rest of my stuff was sold the next week. Had a great life once dad had me, stop mom was a pos, but better than my mom. I got over it, did what I could and don't blame my childhood for my actions as an adult.
Tldr, get over it or play the victim.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.