[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Phone-Interviews.jpg (50KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Phone-Interviews.jpg
50KB, 640x426px
I have a phone interview tomorrow.
Never done one. Any advice?

I plan on having my computer open with things like my resume, CV.
Notepad open in case I have to write down anything.
This is for a real job, not retail or anything.

Really need this job. Any advice is welcome.
>>
They're going to ask you why you want the job. Get a good answer prepared ahead of time. Actually, just go through the common job interviews and prepare them
>>
they are going to ask you bullshit questions

give them bullshit but POSITIVE answers

dont point out that their HR position could be done by an automated robot and will be in the future

if they ask you" whats your greatest weakness"

if male- hookers and blow, hey you got any on ya?
if female- meaningless platitudes
>>
I have generic interview questions typed up and currently working on answers. Stuff like where do you see yourself in 5 years, time i faced adversity, etc. I want to make it sound good but not like im reading it off paper.

>>17425750
I just find this hard because usually u can gauge your interviewer or ask follow up questions easier. I find talking in person easier.

Like how would I end it? in person its like you get up shake hands and what not. This one im just gonna be like "well thank you for your time, i look forward to hearing from you soon." and hang up i guess.
>>
>>17425759
>I want to make it sound good but not like im reading it off paper.
So practice.

>Like how would I end it? in person its like you get up shake hands and what not. This one im just gonna be like "well thank you for your time, i look forward to hearing from you soon." and hang up i guess.
That's the best you can do over the phone. I had a Skype interview and that's kind of how it ended, except we could see each other.
>>
>>17425759
basically

trust me when i say that they have already 90% made their choice on whether to hire you or not before the interview is even started

no seriously, its useless. They are just gauging whether you are an autism special or a non social retard mainly. Just beam with happiness and confidence and do your best not to call them a fuckhead
>>
>>17425771
>I know nothing about hiring processes whatsoever
>>
>>17425771
thats hat i feel now. If you get called for an interview, you are qualified for the job. They just want to see that you arent autistic, creepy, retarded, etc.
>>
>>17425776
>>17425771
No fucking shit. Why would they interview you if they didn't think you could do the job?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.