[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start dating once I finish college in may 2017. >Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: W7z8KT.jpg (83KB, 777x583px) Image search: [Google]
W7z8KT.jpg
83KB, 777x583px
I want to start dating once I finish college in may 2017.
>Why i dont date now
I can't afford to live in dorms, so i live at home with my parents. I also have to pay for school and can't afford to go out to clubs(i dont like them anyway) or bars(i like craft beer bars). Basically I don't have money to date and shit. I go to basically the cheapest state school near me, despite being accepted into a school near by that is 2nd in the state for CS and highly recognized globally.

>My plan
So far:
-Find a good job:
Ill take the first decent one I get Im going to shoot for some type of development either web, software, or application. Front end stuff.

-I work out consistently for over 2 years, i just cant afford the food i need to get in really good shape. /fit/ recently told me my body does look like it has 2 years lifting experience, but i think ive been working out for almost 3 years.
So on this front once i get a good job I will try to get in excellent shape, a little more muscle and I want to be shredded like 7% body fat.

-Move out of state/parents house: This is huge for me probably the most important thing in dating other than having a good job. I have no desire to be rich, all I want is to be able to support myself(i dont want children).

-Hobbies:
I love outdoors, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, trail running, music festivals, craft beer festivals, stuff along those lines. I love history, computer science, health, and documentaries.
>>
File: XYxiXBU.png (191KB, 610x381px) Image search: [Google]
XYxiXBU.png
191KB, 610x381px
>What else do I need to know?
Also this is very difficult for me I can't rate myself at anything. Like if we have standards or a ranking system that's great for me helps a lot. Problem is I have no idea what my physical appearance is, so i dont know who to hit on. People told me before go after what you like, ok thanks. Let me go find Emma Watson. The fuck?

I've never been on a date before. I noticed the few classes i had with girls that some were interested in me. I just dont talk to them because of above.

>Thank you
so much for those who take the time to answer. Im way too embarrassed to ask friends or family. I truly appreciate it, I dont know jack shit about this. Sorry for my lack of grammar/spelling.
>>
>>17425420
Your reasons to not date now aren't real excuses. Most college students are poor, and it's common to live with parents.

You have a car right? (I assume that's how you get to school). I don't see what's holding you back.
>>
>>17425604
Yeah I got a car. I'm not going to bring a girl back to my parents house lol that's awkward. I tried to explain what's holding me back but i guess I wasn't clear. I have no idea how to explain it better.
>>
>>17425636
Why is it awkward? If you date other girls at school then either they also still live with their parents or they moved out very recently. It's not weird.
>>
>>17425420
>Basically I don't have money to date and shit.
It's called a part time job. Not only will getting a job give you money, it'll also make you more employable after you finish studying.

I honestly don't know why you think your excuses are valid. Plenty of people date while they're in college, even if they live at home with their parents. I mean, people date in high school, right? Why is it any different for college?
>>
>>17425647
My parents are annoying as hell and it's awkward for me.
>>17425655
As I think I said I work 20 hours a week while in school and full time whenever I'm not. If I have a day off I work full time that day.
>>
>>17425672
>As I think I said I work 20 hours a week while in school and full time whenever I'm not. If I have a day off I work full time that day.
So why don't you have money 'to date'?

I honestly can't see where the problem lies. Plenty of people in a situation like you date. Heck, I'm one of them.
>>
>>17425677
I go to a cheap on state school so 2 semesters cost me under 14 thousand. So right now I have to pay for fall semester In a week or so. I've been saving since like January after I paid for spring. I cut it real close with my payments and when I pay for spring semester it's really tough. I literally pay for school out of pocket. I do not want Loans or any form of debt until I buy a place to live. Also if I don't find a job I'm going to join the military so I don't want to be jobless with debt. They don't really give scholarships to white males.
>>
>>17425736

>I go to a cheap on state school so 2 semesters cost me under 14 thousand.

Man, I went to a state school and paid $3800 per semester. Gotta love California.

So long as you handle your business when it comes to networking and interning I'm sure you'll be fine - it is time for you to start applying for jobs after all.

A prestigious school doesn't mean anything in our industry. You could have an undergrad from Caltech and not get hired anywhere since everyone requires experience.
>>
Hmmm Never been there....Wouldn't know nice try trigger troll
>>
>>17425420
Feh. My friend lives with his parents and he had a relationship also without a job. Id guess it comes down to how motivated you are for one right now, and it's cool if you aren't.
>>
>>17425784
Im applying for jobs after fall semester ends. That's the thing about this industry i like, you will get hired if you know shit.

>>17425792
no
>>17425834
well i dont feel comfortable doing that.
>>
>>17426488
You're holding yourself back for stupid reasons. Just fucking tell your parents you're having a girl over and tell them to give you space. Even after you meet all your conditions to start dating, youll make up other stupid shit as well, youre making excuses not to take action
>>
>>17426488
getting over not being comfortable is a huge step to getting girls
>>
>>17426492
Not answering the question I asked.
>>17426493
Yeah I won't be until I have those things done.
>>
Thanks for addressing the why part. However the why part was just a short explaination of my situation.

Would someone be willing to actually answer my question? I would like to be successful as possible but again it's something I don't understand so I want to ask a question.
Thanks.
>>
File: JW6fWxi.jpg (60KB, 640x546px) Image search: [Google]
JW6fWxi.jpg
60KB, 640x546px
bump
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.