[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to another country, need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (13KB, 231x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 231x144px
This is mostly for other Americans, or expats, who moved to another country. Moving to Europe soon, this is a major turning point in my life, I've been planning this for years and finally have enough funds to at least survive there for a year, which means I should be able to get a job before that being the case. I'll be homeless in America soon and I'm taking this opportunity to realize my dreams and move to a far away place I always wanted to..

I have a lot of shit though, that's the thing. I don't know what I should bring, in terms of material stuff. My clothes are a must but should I bring my small tv monitor so I won't have to buy one there? I fear bringing a lot of this electronic shit will hold me up in the customs or make me look suspicious but I don't want to have to buy should I already have. Should I just go clean slate and bring only my clothes and valuables?
>>
Go with a clean slate, wipe the data and sell the electronics. I wish you luck, I'm too poor to move across the globe. xD happy travels anon *triggered you heard me rant* *oh noes*
>>
>>17425154
My brother, I'm poor as shit too, don't get it confused. This is the first time I've had this much money in my life so I'm using it to take this huge opportunity.

I think you're right about the clean slate. I'm starting a new life after all, one I've been waiting a long time for.

Hope you can move eventually too if that's what you want. Thanks
>>
>>17425167
Where you going exactly?
>>
>>17425147
How are you planning to stay in Europe for a year as a tourist? Do you know you can't stay there indefinitely as an American citizen? Is your plan to marry the first fool you can find who's stupid enough to marry you so you can have your right to stay? You can't get a job as a tourist, not legally anyway. You sound like you're just desperate and frankly I hope you're a teenager because if you're older than 15 you should stick with living with your parents until you've grown up a bit mentally.
>>
>>17425267
I'm not going as a tourist, my girlfriend lives and is a citizen of the country I'm going to, stop assuming you know everything about my situation, this move is essential to my growth
>>
>>17425404
oh so you are one of those rapefugees
>>
>>17425154
this, chances are you won't be able to plug anything in where you're going anyway because the electricity and outlets and shit are different.
>>
>>17425404
So you're gonna marry your gf? How else do you get to stay here otherwise
>>
>>17425404
not the person you respond to.

jesus christ you're being a retard right now. he responded to your post using the information you gave us. You don't get to fucking tell someone to stop assuming things about your situation when you're the one who gives the information in the first place

ANYWAYS, just take clothing try to limit what you take that's sentimental. try to put everything into like two or three suitcase sized bags whatever type of luggage carrier you want to use.

Tons of people at airports bring like 6 bags of luggage it's fucking insane you can take much more than you think.

I would personally just sell all the electronic stuff I have excluding my computer and start with a clean slate with only clothing.

Also please think of plugs and electricity in the country you're going to.
>>
>>17425504
He's a retard probably. He probably thinks he comes here and because he's American he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Sure thing you have a gf. So have you applied for a visa in order to marry your gf and then stay as her husband? No. Your OP clearly says you are leaving the states with not a fucking clue because you're about to be made homeless
>>
Why would you worry about looking suspicious if you're coming to stay here legally. You should have done your research and decided with your gf what you need to take our not.

Please don't think everyone on here is a mindless idiot
>>
Moving from America to Europe has to be one of the stupidest decisions I can ever imagine. You have the most valuable citizenship in the world with you and you're giving it up for a place that is worse for you in terms of growth and opportunity in every single way.
>>
>>17425147
Former expat here. If you aren't shipping stuff by sea, and you don't have a job ready, then you should only be thinking in terms of survival almost. So yes, bring clothes, but try to refrain as much as you can from electronics, because 1) You'll need a new SIM card 2) there are different plugs for electronic cables in Europe and 3) You need a new phone plan and to get that there are a bunch of other steps. To where I moved previously is a much stricter country than any other European country, but it is also similar guidelines. Make sure you have enough for the bare minimum of living. Then you can get a job and be fully able to live. then you can get a bunch of other electronics. You don't need to worry about any electronics besides anything that you can't use to make food, dryer washing machine, etc. until you are fully settled in.
>>
>>17425620
Oh and one more thing. The traveller's visa only works for a month, so you can;'t use it very long no matter what. I advise that you actually get citizenship fast. then get the job. If you can't find a job, you shouldn't have spent all your money moving and should've found a comfy spot in the Greatest Goddamn Country On The Motherfucking Planet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.