[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male friend says I owe him for his advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1420062332840.jpg (127KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1420062332840.jpg
127KB, 500x563px
About a year ago, I was close to being homeless and needed a car for my job. A friend of mine I was venting to about it gave me some great advice and encouragement that lead to me getting a new place, a used car and a new job. When I got the car and place, I asked what I could do for him and he only asked for dinner at my place, gas for his car for a week and just that we remain good friends.

We were good until he found out the job offered me more money than expected. Instead of being happy for me, all he would talk about is how much money I was making and how I owed him big for everything he helped me with.

I didn't really know how to react to this except that I told him I appreciated him being there for me and that I'm always there for him if he needs my help for anything.

That was about 5 months ago. I didn't hear from him until about a week ago. He calls up wanting to catch up. The conversation leads him to demand I go switch to his bank, insurance company and mechanic. When I told him I was good with what I already had, he went batshit and told me I still owe him for "getting" me "everything" I have. He's "casually" mentioned his girlfriend not having sex with him anymore and needing a loan for a new car so I'm thinking he wants favors along those lines.

While I'm grateful for his advice, in the end, everything I did was with my own money and effort. But still I don't know exactly how much thanks I am actually supposed to give him. If I help people with things I'm usually good with a thanks or them helping me out when I ask but I've never asked anyone for money before.

I'm starting to feel like I stepped into some kind of trap with him and I don't know how to get out of it without being ungrateful. I'm not going to have sex with him and I don't have enough money to help him get a car so what do I do, guys?
>>
>Male friend
Found your problem. You can pay me for finding it with sex, thanks bye.
>>
What was the advice?

Just give him the same advice if it was so good and tell him to fuck off.
>>
File: 1456110355428.png (318KB, 687x641px) Image search: [Google]
1456110355428.png
318KB, 687x641px
>>17424894

Your male friend is a giant piece of shit. Cut off all contact with him immediately. End of thread. End of story.
>>
File: 1463422172259.png (23KB, 218x316px)
1463422172259.png
23KB, 218x316px
This dude isn't your friend. A friend might like a beer or 'thanks' for help, but they're not doing to make such fucking crazy demands like this guy. A real friend would be happy as hell to see someone they care about succeed or better themselves. He seems like a jealous, crazy control freak. Switch to his bank, insurance, buy a new car, fuck him, etc.? What in the absolute fuck?

You don't 'owe' him anything. There's nothing in writing and you did your part to help say 'thanks' by that dinner and gas. Him making these demands is absurd.

He thinks you're going to cave in probably due to you being a woman or being kind. Don't. Tell him to fuck off. Cut contact and keep tabs on anything else he says, texts, sends, etc. I'd involve the authorities if this shit continues. He sounds fucking bonkers so be cautious, watch your back and document everything. Stay safe, OP.
>>
Friends don't ask for repayment for favours
>>
>>17425046
This, if I got my boy i wouldnt ask for gas or dinner or anything, I'd say pay it forward, and hope if I was ever in dire straits I could count on them.
>>
>>17424894
Friends give advice for free. This guy just sounds like a massive dick. Remove him from your life completely.
>>
>>17425046

This right here.

If they really feel the need to 'pay me back' I'll just say something simple like buy me a burger or a drink when we're out, not 'suck my dick and help me buy a car'.
>>
>>17425072
A burger and a blowjob would be pretty nice though.
>>
is there some reason you're even asking this here? the answer is obvious and it's been stated in this thread multiple times

are you afraid of him or something?
>>
>>17424907
For the apartment, he suggested one place to me and went with me once because I was scared about it and afterward, he gave me advice on what to look out for. For the car, once again, it was advice on what watch out for and he offered to have a friend sell me a car but it was out of my price range. For the job, he gave me some names of places that was hiring and encouraged me to have confidence in myself to apply and call up.

>>17424904
Ha

>>17425037
>A friend might like a beer or 'thanks' for help, but they're not doing to make such fucking crazy demands
>A real friend would be happy as hell to see someone they care about succeed or better themselves
That's what I was thinking because that's how I am but I'm also a wishy-washy type so I dunno if that's how friendship works for people these days.

>>17425162
I asked a few people I know and some said he was nuts, others have said that he just feels unappreciated and I got a lot of he just wants to fuck. I'm realizing I have some other friends like him who listened to my story and didn't want to disagree with what he was doing. But some of these people I only hear from when they need a favor so...yeah.

He is starting to freak me out because he has police friends and has popped into my workplace a couple of times for seemingly no reason but to remind me that "it was because of him" I got a job there.
>>
>>17425278
>He is starting to freak me out because he has police friends and has popped into my workplace a couple of times for seemingly no reason but to remind me that "it was because of him" I got a job there.

srsly?

Well they can't do shit to you besides try to look tough and they know it. Allegations of cop corruption ain't some shit they want to waste their careers on unless they're already corrupt as all hell

It's pretty easy to drop a line to their internal affairs office or the state police (anonymously if you want), especially if you're harassing you workplace where there are TONS of eye witnesses (so god damn retarded of them to do by the way -.-).

I don't think it needs to be said but, this guy isn't a friend, he's an unstable parasite--especially if he's resorting to threats -.-
>>
>>17424894
I don't know anon. I kind of get where he's coming from.
I mean if it weren't for him you literally would probably be homeless.

It's all because he was there.
>>
>>17424894
Drop this fucking clown.

T. Boss
>>
>>17425151
She's getting good money now, taking him and the gf out for dinner wouldn't be out of line, just to celebrate.

The demands are fucking crazy tho.
>>
>>17425812
And yet, he didn't do anything. He said things, and words are cheap.
>>
>>17424894
Yeah fuck that guy, unless he gave you money that you need to pay back you don't owe him shit for advice. He's a leech.

Put your foot down tell him you appreciate his advice and help but you've already payed him back. Tell him to lord this favor over you like you owe him an eternal life dept is a dickhead move.

Assure him that you understand he's having problems in his life and is probably under a lot of stress but he can't take that out on you and demand you arrange your entire life around him.

If he can't deal with that then fuck him, tell him he can piss off until he gets over himself.

Carry a knife or pepper spray in case he gets violent.
>>
What a fucking tool. I'm pissed off and can't even come up with a good insult for him.

Take everyone's advice and cut contact.
>>
>>17426478
Also this >>17426307

Better than pepper spray, take a guy friend with you. This faggot seems like the type to cower when an actual man gets in his face so it probably won't even be a thing
>>
File: 1458031905817.png (393KB, 325x499px)
1458031905817.png
393KB, 325x499px
>>17424894

Reverse of same story here anon, different result.
A girl from work, became good friends quickly, she had worked there for two years, I had been there 4 months. Found out she was being paid 25c more than me, I told her that was insane, and she needs to ask for a raise. We spent a whole day building her confidence to approach the boss. End of day, she was set, asked for a raise, got $1.50 and an increased bonus. Month later, she needed a new car, I hooked her up. Same month she was looking for a flat, looked through some listings with her, sorted it by the end of the week. It's been one month since, and we are still great friends, hang out n shit (100% platonic, you know I don't mix work and romance). When she offered me repayment, I asked to shout a few drinks next time we hit the bar, she happily obliged.

TL:DR, your 'friend' is a wankstain and most decent people expect nothing for advice. Pull the plug like grandma's life support, and wait for the inheritance, in the form of not being burdened by this morons perceived karma, to roll in.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.