[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to get into writing poetry more seriously >Only really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1452272638144.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1452272638144.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>Want to get into writing poetry more seriously
>Only really feel moved to write when I feel like trash and just want some form of outlet
>Afraid to show anyone because what if its bad or makes them think I'm depressed or what if its bad and makes them think I'm depressed
>Not sure how to get better without input from friends
What do I do
>>
Like poetry poetry or that freeform stuff?
>>
>>17424777
I don't really know a lot of complex rhyme schemes desu so I have no idea if the way I'm going about it is actually good, I just try to make it sound fluid in my head
>>
>>17424757
I write professionally for an online company. I had trouble finding inspiration/motivation, the same as you. But I find that if I'm given a deadline by someone else, ie my boss, then you bet your ass I'll find some motivation. It's my rent payment, food, etc. on the line if I don't.

You'll never get 'serious' into writing unless you have some big incentive. Think of it like a cliff: unless you jump off, you'll never get the skills to fly.

So, as you guessed, I quit my day job and became a full time freelance writer. That got me going, that's for sure. But I forced myself into a crisis situation where I needed to hustle to make money and become better at writing.

So unless you do that OP, you're not going to get anyway with poetry writing.
>>
>>17424805
Welp. Sounds like your instincts are in the right place. If you want to learn a few forms post kik or a throwaway email. Gives you a reason to get more practice in, gives you some direction when inspiration may be lacking, and gives you feedback to work with. If that all sounds too gay for you and you just want the feedback on stuff you've already got written and nothing else, post whatever you're comfortable sharing here and I'll/we'll give you some thoughts on it.
>>
>>17424853
I'm not sure if its something I want to make into a career rather than a hobby I keep working at, but I think you're right in that I really need to light a fire under myself. Thanks

>>17424856
My phone is being repaired and will get back tomorrow, I'll make a similar thread once its arrives and I can download kik.

Here's the last thing I wrote, hope its not really cringey

>"Where are you, fickle puppeteer?
>Where's the hand behind these strings that bind and swing
>Me from dream into disaster, where's the master of my fate?"
>I cry to the clouds as they dissipate
>As the sky's eye goes blind
>Piercing through the dusk I see a pair
>Matching mine
>>
Is poetry still a thing, though? Are there living contemporary poets (not musicians or songwriters) who are widely known and respected? I feel like it's a dead art form
>>
>>17425116
I mean like I said I'm not looking to make it into something more than a hobby, I just want to be able to do it proficiently since it feels good to let stuff out in this form. I'd imagine it'd feel even better if I don't suck at it
>>
b-bump...
>>
One last bump in the hopes that the first 2 anons are still around
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.