[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do with this internship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1461355987849.jpg (77KB, 258x424px) Image search: [Google]
1461355987849.jpg
77KB, 258x424px
I applied for this internship: http://www.universalorlandojobs.com/job/5961443/internship-mechanical-engineering-sustaining-fall-2016-orlando-fl/

As well as 5 other internships a month ago. I'm about to enter my last semester of mechanical engineering and I have a 3.46 GPA and was hoping to do really well this semester and finish with a 3.5.

All the internships I applied for were 20 hours a week. This one is 24-40 but considering the time of year I expect it to be 40 hours a week. I'm nervous about taking a 40 hour a week job in addition to my final semester of senior design with a full course load of classes.

Should I do it? Does anyone know if universal studios is a good place to intern at?
>>
if you have the option to get a 20hr internship chose that one over the 40hr one. If your uni doesn't require you to go through an internship and you're only doing it for CV you may want to not do one at all until you get your degree and just focus on uni.

I live in eastern europe so both internship programs and university demands are different, but i can tell you that working 40hrs/week and having a full semester at college is hell and you should avoid it if you have a choice.
>>
>>17424527

I am not required to take an internship. I am looking for one so I can have some experience to put on my resume before I graduate.

Since so far the only internship that has contacted me is the universal one I linked I am unsure if I'll have the opportunity to take the 20 hour a week ones. I applied through my campus and the recruiter said they are still haven't been filled yet meaning there is potential they might contact me, but there is no guarantee.

I really don't want to mess up my last semester of school by being overburdened by a 40 hour a week job but I also don't want to graduate without having any relevant experience to put on my resume.

I could wait... and maybe the other 5 will contact me, or new internships I can apply for will open up. But I'll feel guilty declining if it turns out this is going to be my only offer.
>>
>>17424544
>I also don't want to graduate without having any relevant experience to put on my resume.
Why? Are you in such a hurry to make money? You'll get internships after you get your degree just as easy, at its worst it will delay you getting a "real" job by 3-6 months.
>>
>>17424552

I thought you could only get internships while you're enrolled in university? Once I'm out I'm not sure if I can get internships anymore.
>>
>>17424567
Where I live you can get internships even if you never set foot in an university, let alone after you finish one.
>>
>>17424567
>I thought you could only get internships while you're enrolled in university?

So for the internships you applied to, were the requirements being enrolled at a degree seeking university? You can always take less (or no) classes for just that semester to handle the internship. Don't be in a rush to graduate, having an internship is worth taking a little longer.
>>
>>17424606

Hmm they don't typically say that an enrollment is required but usually mention something about needing to be graduating after a certain date which I felt implies if you graduate before that date they aren't interested since you'll no longer be enrolled in university.

As for taking less classes, I don't really want to do that since I'm taking my second semester of senior design right now and everything is lined up nice and neatly for me to graduate after this semester.
>>
>>17424693
Why not ask them if it's a requirement? No use speculating, just do it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.