[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just don't care about academics anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (730KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
730KB, 200x200px
I'm in my 2nd year of community college (general education, no major) and I just don't give a shit anymore.

My family is one of those that treats college as the most important thing in life so I've been lying to them about how I'm happy to be enrolled.

Truth is I just don't give a shit about any of it. Ever since middle-school I never gave a shit about academics. I coast through everything with average grades. Now that the classes are getting harder and my grades are falling, I just don't care. I can't even force myself to. Dropping out isn't an option. Any advice?
>>
>>17424452

>dropping out isn't an option

it literally is. you could just drop out, get a job, and move out. it wont be easy and you'd struggle but its an option.

or alternatively, you can just work harder even though you dont care.

the nigger dont care about cotton, but he still picks it because getting whipped is worse.
>>
>>17424452
Do something that you can make good money off of and enjoy.
>>
>>17424452
same as you, OP. getting tired of sitting at a desk, doing busy-work all the time.
>>
>>17424465
I guess that's true, but my parents dropped everything and moved here and struggled to give me a future so I'd feel really guilty about it. They'd probably disown me even though I'm an only child.

I'll be the first to say I'm lazy as fuck and maybe I'm just a faggot.

I thought I'd get over my apathy for school sometime in high school but I never did.
>>
Have you considered a trade school then maybe?
Because like it or not man, you're going to have a miserable life if you plan on riding a fucking high school diploma as your highest form of education. That's just the way the job market works now, you need a fancy piece of paper saying you're academically skilled, or skilled in a trade to get by.

If dropping out and living the lowly life of the mcfats worker for the rest of your life isn't an option (good), then suck it up, power through it, get it done with. Major in the least shittiest thing you can think of, get a job.
My only other suggestion is maybe try university. Community colleges are good, and cheap, but I find they're usually 100% academic based. Universities at least integrate more social aspects into them, since you gotta like, live there. You can at least get an easy degree, and fuck around and have the good ole college fun as your priority and skate by on the bare minimum for the rest.
But I'll tell ya m8, it only goes down hill from here. Once you get in a soul sucking job that eats away all your free time and exhausts you in every sense of the world, you'll be singing "I wish I could go back to college".
>>
>>17424482

life is the kind of thing where you have to do things you dont like in order to get to the things you DO like.

if ur not willing to invest fucking studying at community college of all places, you are likely not going to get anywhere in life.

college is NOT for everyone. it certainly wasn't for me. but i have the dedication and drive to run an entire business on my own, and thats worked out amazingly for me.

but you seem to only do things if you 'care' and thats not a great way to get through life.
>>
>>17424478
I'd love to have a job but I'm stuck in college full-time because of financial aid.

>>17424483
Another problem is that I just know that college is important. I SHOULD give I shit about it, but I don't. It sucks because I want to.

>university

I really don't want to take a student loan.
>>
hey OP, I felt the same thing you're feeling, except I didn't have a family pressuring me.

got to second year of college, didn't enjoy any of the courses I had taken, dropped out, moved out on my own, became a baker, now I train in my free time to become an artist.

Probably sounds like a stupid decision but it's made me happy and I feel infinitely better than being stuck in a building

It is true that college isn't for everyone, and it's also true that if you don't get a college education life will most likely be harder for you. You're not always going to be happy during the process of achieving your goals, but that's life, it's not always enjoyable one the way to your dream. Good luck
>>
>>17424492
>but you seem to only do things if you 'care' and thats not a great way to get through life.

You're totally right about that.

>>17424502
I'm kind of aimless, I don't have any goals. That's probably why I don't enjoy it right now, it all feels pointless.
>>
>>17424511
yeah until you find something you actually want to do with your life you're essentially fucked. it's why it's recommended you stay in school, even if you hate it, and spend all of your free time searching for things you care about
>>
>>17424499
I feel ya, it's hard.
I revert back to my initial statement then. Suck it up and power through. Get a degree and be over with it.
And enjoy the rest of your miserable life of "wake up, eat, go to work, come home, eat, go to sleep" rather rinse repeat.
>>
>>17424545
>>17424547
Thanks guys. I'll keep it up.

Maybe I'll grow out of it eventually.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.