[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get clean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: 270321-soap.jpg (14KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
270321-soap.jpg
14KB, 350x232px
I'm a dirty guy who showers twice a month at best, doesnt brush his teeths, and only changes boxers one a week.

I want to become clean but i'm really lazy. I need to know some basic stuff before i start my renaissance.

Do people shower in the morning when they wake up or before sleeping or during the day?

I have a lot of hair for a guy so do i wash it everitime i shower and do i have to dry it also?

How long does your morining routine last? Somedayys i just wake up 5 min before my bus comes and go straight to school.

any simmilar people in my situation that managed to escape this.

I used to not sweat at all so there was no smell because i live in a cold area. But i'm 19 now and i'm starting to smell my crotch and I'm starting to get disgusted by myself.

Do you brush your teeths 1/2/3 times a day? do you skip it somedays?

I know i'm able to change because 2 years ago i went to live in a college for the summer to learn another language and i showered and brushed my teeths everyday there because everybody would notice if i didnt.

lastly everytime i shower my body freaks out and it ithes non stop as soon as i leave the shower for 15 minutes so it puts me off on showering but i guess if i force myself to shower after a ouple times it will go away.

i really need your help guys i just want to be normal
>>
dirty bastard
>>
>>17424071
i dont smell no one ever told me that i did but i really want to change
>>
>>17424066
I shower before work to wake up and before bed to clean myself properly.
In the morning, it takes me maybe a couple of minutes. At night, around 10 minutes (but I am a girl so I have extra stuff to do in the shower).
If your skin itches, try a lotion or a less aggressive soap.
I brush my teeth 3 times a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
>>
minimalist hairy guy here

>shower
I shower in the morning, pretty much the first thing I do after I wake up. But, only on work days.

>Lotta hair
If I'm like, cleaning up I'll shampoo it all, but for the most part, I just shampoo the hair on my head, sometimes the beard, and let gravity do the rest ya know?

>morning routine
7:30 I wake up, jump in the shower, towel off, get dressed, and then it's usually around 8 in the morning which gives me another 30-40 minutes to fuck around and watch TV, or eat breakfast if I want to.

>Teethbrushing
I'm bad about it, I usually just do it once in the morning if I even remember. I skipped this morning.

When I was a teenager, if I showered that month it was a shock. I barely even wiped my ass back then. My nails were always black with dirt, I smelled like poop, my hair was long and nasty AF.
>>
>>17424066
tactical . of observation

Im in the same boat OP, I want to be pretty but I dont know shit about mancare, cosmetics and hygiene (except use soap at least once a day)
>>
>>17424081
how do you brush your teeth at lunch when you're not at home?
>>
>>17424081
>>17424089
ah i didnt read the part where you said you were a girl, no wonder, they stay at home all day as housewives
>>
>>17424066
>twice a month at best,
And here i was thinking i was bad.

Anyway: people will notice long before they comment. It'll also be a topic of conversation amongst others long before you hear about it. Also, others notice the smell long before you do.

Shower at least every 2 days. If you do that and also use deodorant, you'll be fine.

I'm a lazy fuck in the morning, so i never shower right after work. I either shower just before going to bed, or earlier if it's been a sweaty day. This helps keep the sheets clean, so you won't have to change the bed as often.
>>
>>17424066
>Do people shower in the morning when they wake up or before sleeping or during the day?
Personal preference.
>I have a lot of hair for a guy so do i wash it everitime i shower and do i have to dry it also?
Wash it every time. Towel/air drying is fine. Don't abuse the shampoo, use conditioner.
>How long does your morining routine last?
~45 minutes.
>Do you brush your teeths 1/2/3 times a day? do you skip it somedays?
2-3 times/day, I never skip brushing. Learn to properly floss, and brush your tongue.

When you shower, make sure you use a loofah and really soap up all your bits. Behind your ears, belly button, between your toes, etc. If you're uncut, wash between your foreskin. Just soap up and gently scrub your entire body.

Showers should usually last about 15 minutes. Spend the first couple of minutes just wetting your skin/hair. Make sure the water is warm, but not hot. Wash from top to bottom.
>>
this thread....
white people......
>>
>>17424089
I have a travel set (brush + toothpaste) in my purse and I brush my teeth in the office bathroom.
If I really can't, I always have gums with me.
>>
Surely this is bait? Do people actually not shower?
>>
>>17424095
Forgot to mention that i brush my teeth in the shower.

My morning routine consists of putting on my clothes and driving for work within 5 minutes of getting out of bed.
>>
>>17424066
>Do people shower in the morning when they wake up or before sleeping or during the day?
Either is fine

>I have a lot of hair for a guy so do i wash it every time i shower and do i have to dry it also?
Wash it as often as it needs washing. If it's long it'll be easier to manage if you blow dry and comb it out. If you just wear ponytails all the time it doesn't matter.

>How long does your morning routine last? Some days i just wake up 5 min before my bus comes and go straight to school.
Depends on what I'm wearing. Normal clothes is about a half hour. Suits take more time(up to an hour to be fully ready, depending on accessories like cuff links)

>any similar people in my situation that managed to escape this.
I used to be really shitty about brushing my teeth, being in intense pain and spending a shit ton on emergency dental care/oral surgery over the last few years really changed my mind there.

>I used to not sweat at all so there was no smell because i live in a cold area. But i'm 19 now and i'm starting to smell my crotch and I'm starting to get disgusted by myself.
uh, shower more and change your underwear.

>Do you brush your teeth 1/2/3 times a day? do you skip it some days?
twice a day, skip some nights when I'm super tired

>I know i'm able to change because 2 years ago i went to live in a college for the summer to learn another language and i showered and brushed my teeth everyday there because everybody would notice if i didnt.
Your tongue is the most important part of fresh breath. Brush all the fucking gunk off of that bad boy.

>lastly every time i shower my body freaks out and it itches non stop as soon as i leave the shower for 15 minutes so it puts me off on showering but i guess if i force myself to shower after a couple times it will go away.
You need a different soap. Get something that also moisturizes your skin and that will stop.

Other comments: they're called teeth, not teeths. "Some days" and "every time" are two words each
>>
>>17424083
how did you become more mature did people tell you to change?
>>
thanks for the advice guys i'll try to follow it
>>
What the fuck man? Shower at least once a day and brush your teeth every morning and night. And change your god damn underwear. Were you raised by wolves?
>>
>>17424107
At first I ignored it, and pretty much told people that made comments about it to fuck off.

Then I started getting more interested in women, and realized I wouldn't be able to land any chicks in this state.

So, I kinda quick 180'd, started working, and got shit on track.
>>
>>17424118
i wipe my ass thoroughly so my underwear is clean. when it smells i change it
>>
How did your parents fail you this much.

This depends entirely on you and your schedule. I tend to value sleep and am not very good about waking up, so I shower at night before bed. Now, occasionally I do shower in the morning, and the benefits to this are it helps you wake up, and you just feel very fresh for the start of your day. Now, I also will shower if I feel I need it regardless of the day. IE, if i go to the gym, or if it's a particularly hot day and I'm getting very sweaty. If you smell, shower, idc if it's 3pm or 3am. Shower.
>I have a lot of hair for a guy so do i wash it everitime i shower and do i have to dry it also?
I'm a woman, so I don't have much input on this. For my hair, I wash it every time I shower out of habit, but I don't think you have to, and some argue you shouldn't. Especially if you have treated hair (IE dyed), my hairdresser friend says you should really only shampoo every other day or else the dye will fade much quicker. As for drying, that also just depends on how much time you got. I usually just let mine air dry whenever possible, hairdresser friend aslo mentioned how excessive heat from hairdryers and other products can damage hair if used incorrectly.
For body hair, my best guess is just get a good "all in one" shampoo that can work as bodywash as well. I think Irish spring has something like that. Just lather yourself up, rinse, get out.
(Cont)
>>
>shower
Shower in the morning, wash everything, this includes all your hair which is where the stank is collected. Most important areas are armpits crotch and ass, clean your dick
>morning routine
I wake up an hour and a half before I have to leave the house. Shower, moisturize etc, get dressed, eat, brush+ floss, do other things I have to do, leave the house
>Teethbrushing
Morning and evening is the accepted standard. Too much will erode your teeth. Flossing gets rid of the rotting food between your teeth which will make people hate you less. I recommend using those small flossing sticks, they're easier to use than normal floss string. Also brush your tongue.
>>
>>17424142
my parents never forced me to do anything when I was young so I never got theese good habits. But i guess it's my fault because of my laziness
>>
>>17424066
>Shower in the morning or evening
Try to shower in the evening, it's better for your body to go to sleep after washing up, but most people shower in the morning to be fresh for the daily activities.
>Washing hair
Don't wash your hair too often, it's bad for it. Try to keep to 1/week with shampoo, and only water the other days. Drying is not necessary, depends on how you want your hair to look. If you do, don't blowdry every day at the highest settings, it will fuck your hair up.
>Morning routine
A quick shower and brush doesn't take long. I usually shower while my coffee brews, in less than 5 minutes, just freshening up. And anyway, see above: it's better if you shower in the evening.
>Brush teeth
Try to brush after every meal. It's more important to brush every day once, than to brush 3 times per day but skipping days. And remember to floss. Also, check with your dentist, if you neglected your teeth you might need a deep clean-up.
>body itches
wild guess: you're using a soap that is too strong, or scrubbing too much. while you're removing dead skin and bacteria, you're irritating the skin. do you use a liquid or a bar soap? you should try using a bar soap with some oil or butter in it, if you're in America there are a lot of soaps with shea butter over there.
>>
>>17424142
>How long does your morining routine last? Somedayys i just wake up 5 min before my bus comes and go straight to school.
I'm the same way, that's why I tend to shower at night. If you shower at night, the only time you need to allot to yourself is time for is to get dressed in clean clothes (or at the very least pass a sniff test. We've all been in the "shit I forgot to do laundry" boat.) and DEODORANT. For the love of god, if you do ONE thing for your hygiene, please please please make it deodorant. However, other important things you should give yourself time for is a brief face wash, just splash some water on your face, run a brush through your hair if it's long enough to need it, and since you're a dude, a quick trim/shave if it's completely necessary. I've never grown a beard before obviously, but I assume you won't need to do this every day anyways.
I usually give myself 15 minutes to get ready. I lay my clothes out before bed, and spend that 15 minutes brushing my hair, deodorant, and applying make up if I have time. (This would be girl version of the quick shave I guess.)
>I used to not sweat at all so there was no smell because i live in a cold area. But i'm 19 now and i'm starting to smell my crotch and I'm starting to get disgusted by myself.
New underwear every fucking day man. ONLY go a 2 dayer if you're only planning on staying home with yourself. Provided you're not sweating up a storm, pissing all over yourself constantly, or have some awful sti leaking puss all over it, pants can usually be safe for a couple days, however you should strive to only wear them once before washing. Idc if you don't think they smell, after 3 uses wash your pants no matter what. Shirts are kinda like underwear, if you plan on staying in and didn't sweat much on them, you may be able to get 2 uses out of them. But again, this should not be your goal.
>>
Op here, quick question how many towels do people use after showering and do you put them to wash after only one use?
also how often do you change your close, id it bad to shower and to put on the same clothes?
>>
>>17424172
I'm a one towel guy.

I rarely wash it. It just hangs from my shower rod, and I dry off every morning, and it's dry again by the next morning
>>
>>17424066
Quit smoking weed u fuckin hip
>>
>>17424166
>>17424167
>Do you brush your teeths 1/2/3 times a day? do you skip it somedays?
Alright, I'll admit my oral hygiene is probably my weakest point. I tend to only brush once a day, usually when I shower, but every dentist will tell you to do it multiple times and you should, my cavity records and stained teeth can attest to that.
I skip sometimes when I'm in a hurry or am feeling particularly lazy on the weekend, usually I'll opt for a piece of gum or a quick swish of mouth wash on the run just to ensure nobody has to deal with my rank breath at least.
I was really bad about it as a kid, which is mostly why I have half the issues with my teeth that I do today. I forgot a lot, but I found when I started brushing in the shower I remembered more and ensured I brushed at least once a day.

Whew. Hope you take some advice and get better stinky. You're making a good step though. First thing you always gotta do is admit there's an issue, you've gotten that far.
>>
>>17424166
>do you use a liquid or a bar soap?

liquid old spice or nivea or dove for men.Usually what my dad buys.
Tried soap it feel way better but it keeps falling in from my hands.
Also do people use the thing to scrub and put put the soap/gel on it or dou you soap your body directly?

>>17424175
no smell?

>>17424181
I don't. never had any drugs/smoking/alcohool
>>
>>17424192
Nah man, no smell that I can think of. I have had it drop on my floor near the toilet once though, and I made sure I washed it before my next use then. But, nah.

Think about it this way.. The only time you're using the towel is when you're clean.. So, by proxy that towel should be clean.
>>
>>17424066
Just go to the store. Look at all the hygiene products, Read the labels.
>>
>>17424167
my hair is horrible but i love it. I ook like a dead witch and everybody keeps telling me to do something but i'm scared to cut it. Its the first time i've grown my hair and it's been a year without a cut. Every morning i wake up i pass my hand through my hair i tons of hair are falling off. Brushing it hurts at first probably because it's so messy. I thing that one i start showering regularly my hair will start looking good.
>>
>>17424172
I use 2, one for body one for hair. I'm a girl with long hair though, so I kind of need it.
Have a washcloth in the shower for your body, and probably another one for your face by the sink.
The one for my hair tends to get pretty wet since my hair retains a lot of water, so I usually one use that one and wash it, or at least throw it in the dryer. Don't want it to get mildewy. The one for my body doesn't get all that wet, so I use it more than once before washing it.
>Showering and putting on the same clothes
Are your clothes dirty/smelly/gross? You're kind of defeating the purpose. Though I have to walk through my whole damn house to get from the bathroom to my room, in front of giant open windows so every now and then I forget to bring my new clothes with me to the bathroom and I just put the old ones back on temporarily so I can get back to my room to change. Don't wanna flash my housemates or the neighbors.
>How often do I change
Depends on what I did that day. If I was outside sweating like a pig in the summer heat, I'll wear multiple sets of clothes a day. If I went to the gym, I'll change into and out of gym clothes. If it's just a regular day where I'm not sweaty, I'll just wear the one set all day and start a new in the morning.
>>
>>17424202
If you shower regularly yes, it will get better. Use fucking conditioner if you're going to have long hair, or else yea you will get knots when you try to brush it.
One protip from a chick with long, waist length hair, if you are going to let it air dry, brush it while it's still wet and then brush it again when it's mostly dry. That will help with the tangles. Also you can buy spray in conditioner to help, but unless you are having like, girl length hair you probably won't need it.
>>
>>17424207
heard conditioner is bad for hair is that true. I have the bald gene on my mother's side and i dont want to accelerate the process
>>
>>17424073
>I dont smell
Yes you do.
>>
I'm a slightly dirty person. I brush once, maybe twice a day, usually in the morning and/or right before I go out. I shower every day that I'm planning on leaving the house, but if I'm stuck at home, I might go a couple of days without. I shower in the morning so that I am the least offensive to others. It's also easier to style clean hair.

I have no set routine, but a typical day is something like:
Get up
Eat
Poop
Shower
Comb my hair
Brush my teeth
>>
>>17424066
Do you want to get clean or become "normal"?
>>
>>17424218
i'm pretty normal have tons of friend. I'm very social and funny and i go out a ton with my friends.
>>
>>17424211
From what I know, it's not good for your hair, as in it doesn't improve the health of your hair, but it's not bad for it either. Just makes it look nicer and makes it easier to brush. There's also no concrete evidence it causes hair loss, actually what there is more evidence for is that regular washing promotes healthy hair.
I don't know for certain though, you'll have to do your own research. But definitely at least wash your hair every day with water if nothing else, and either brush through the pain or cut your damn hair. If you're not willing to take care of long hair, then don't have it. Believe me, long hair is A LOT of work, it's not for the lazy.
>>
>>17424192
>Also do people use the thing to scrub and put put the soap/gel on it or dou you soap your body directly?
Just use the bar of soap.
A loofa would clean you too deeply, you aren't used to it. It would itch even worse, and you might get rashes, if you go from 0 to 100 so fast.
>>
>>17424211
>conditioner is bad for hair
well, yes, but if you're using shampoo then you'll need something to protect your hair too.
the shampoo takes away the natural (and dirty) oils from the hair and scalp, but you have to replace those with something.
try some oil, if you don't care for conditioner. many conditioners are based on some oil like olive or coconut, anyway.
>>
>>17424066
read the well cultured anonymous

http://ulrikbrask.dk/Media/The%20well-cultured%20anonymous.pdf
>>
>>17424066
>Doesn't brush teeth
Take it from an older anon... brush your fuckin teeth. Not just for the hygiene but because you have NEVER felt pain until you have a tooth abscess. I didn't take care of my teeth the way I should have when I was younger and now I regret it.

Now, reading your post and others on here is the reason I refuse to touch people I don't know and open doors in public places. Even reading the other anons who "think" they are hygienic, they are not.

10 minutes in the shower? That is NOT even close to being hygienic. Most people probably don't even wash their towels they dry off with every other day (like you fucking should)

This is why you grow up, you look at young people with such disgust... because they are disgusting.

You have some life issues if you only shower twice a month... and yes, you do smell, no one has the balls to tell you and/or the people you hang out with are so dirty themselves, they are nose blind.

And you people want $15/hour minimum wage... sickening
>>
>>17424094
>>/r9k/
>>
>>17424102
Sadly not, I've heard about people doing this shit before. It is mind blowing.
>>
>>17424066
>I want to become clean but i'm really lazy.

Well in that case i don't see how we can help you if you are too lazy to even do it.
>>
>>17424549
>10 minutes in the shower? That is NOT even close to being hygienic
If you're in the medical profession, you probably spend that much time washing your hands, or you should.
For everybody else, keeping the skin oils in balance it's more important. If you try to get too clean your skin will produce more oils to compensate, anyway.
>>
>>17424135
Nigga it's like you don't know what sweat is. Also your ass has hair in it, you can't just wipe it completely clean.

Shower every morning if you sweat a lot in your sleep. Personally I only usually brush my teeth in the morning and again IF I have a date or a night out etc. How often you need to wash your hair depends again on sweat. When showering make sure you clean every part of your body including ass crack and your junk.
>>
>>17424102
Brah, I've seen Marines not shower (not because they were in the field, but because they were fucking nasties who are super gross.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.