[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

girlfriend with anxiety/depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: k1fag.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
k1fag.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
I'm with this girl for around a month now but we met a year ago and felt attraction almost instantly.

She warned me she had a major depression history lasting 10 years, with a month in the hospital 4 years ago, then she took meds that worked well. She's 25 now.

She stopped taking them 4 months ago and it went fine, but last week she started to feel deep anxiety. It was the day after she told me a lot about her past struggle, she was shaking at some point and we also had sex for the first time. It was really intense (I never felt that before) and she was close to a transe state.

Now she's back to her meds since yesterday because she couldn't sleep everytime I wasn't there and felt too much pressure. Also she stopped cold turkey and know it's a bad thing and want to do it properly this time.
>>
File: 1468743197322.jpg (136KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468743197322.jpg
136KB, 768x1024px
She was scared to talk about this but I'm not sure why, her parents didn't support her at all with her issues and were disapointed with her all her childhood. Or it was because she knew it would hurt her just to think about it.

I told her she could speak openly to me, that part of why I love her is her sensibility and I won't lose respect.

So I'll take any advice but I have a few specific questions.
>>
Is it good that I spend as much time as possible with her ? I live on my spare money so I'm available anytime and she knows she just have to ask and I'll be there on phone or physically.

Do I need to "push" her to talk about her feelings ? She says she doesn't want to scare me, but maybe it's because it just hurts her to do so.

Should I ask about bad experiences with other guys ? I feel there's some but I don't know if I'm supposed to know.

How do I take care of her so she knows I'm there for her but don't make her feel useless ?
I cook and clean the dishes for her when I'm at her house and check she didn't forget anything because she's often confused.

Thanks for reading.
>>
Girls who say they suffer from depression are more common than girls who actually are. Maybe she does actually but she's most certainly playing it up to be more severe than it actually, in the event that she even has it and isn't just misattributing the common human experience.

It's most likely just vanity. Don't take it too seriously and keep going on as if it were a normal relationship. I mean, don't call her out on it or make light of it to her but don't act like you need to go out of your way to understand or accommodate her. If you do, it fuels what may be a thing of ego, and if you keep going on in your relationship and she actually does exhibit signs that affect your relationship.

Tldr don't coddle her, she's probs not the special snowflake she thinks she is and humoring her narcissism only makes it worse.
>>
>>17423516
to the point she went to hospital for a month ?

her parents are crazy and all of their 4 children have troubles now

also she tried to hide it but I'm the one who said I'd feel better if she told me what's wrong
>>
>>17423531
*sniff sniff* no anon, i'm fine *wipes tears from cheeks* it's nothing *fake smile*
>>
>>17423531
Was it involuntary or what? I'm sure she believes she's unwell but that's part of narcissism. Depression doesn't get you a month stay in a hospital. However, insisting to the doctors that you have something wrong and having the cash/insurance to back it up can.

Its also clear to me that you have a bit of an ego yourself. A Messiah complex and some excitement that you're in a relationship with this girl is all it takes to start making mountains out of molehills. Case in point, this very thread. You want to share that you're in this relationship with anyone who'll listen, and you want advice on how to deal with a vague, unspecific problem that you yourself eked out of her, thinking so highly of yourself as the caring boyfriend who goes a step above what any normal bf would do.

Check your ego, don't start seeking to change the way you treat her unless she actually starts displaying real shows of depression (and don't go looking for these signs, just notice them if they come about). stop trying to be Superman when there's no havoc going on.
>>
>>17423568
She went to hospital because she didn't eat for a long time and was so underweight it became risky for her health. They had to force feed her.

I don't feel like superman, I'm scared actually.

I'm confronted to a whole new situation and want advice on what to do. I have to explain what's going lmao.
Was it the sex part that triggered you ?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.