[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend continues to make bad life decisions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Desert.jpg (826KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826KB, 1024x768px
It's hard, you know? We're committed, I want to stand by her side all the time. But, when her life is shit because she's retarded and by proxy makes my life that much harder, I don't know what to do.

If I tell her to do the right thing, she doesn't listen. No matter how hard I push. She lets things go until the shit hits the fan.

I'm thinking about breaking up, but it's purely a business decision. And, that's why I'm too afraid to pull the trigger on it, because it's not what my heart wants, it's what my wallet wants.

Should I break up with her due to financial reasons?
Should I stop supporting her when she makes a bad decision and would suffer otherwise?
Should I just keep trying to help her as best I can until she gets on her two feet again?

Long story short, she ruins her own car (FUBAR), and is borrowing my car which is now also broke down (Not FUBAR). So now she's going to have to suffer, because I don't have another loaner vehicle to give, and now I have to pay to get my car fixed.
>>
What happened to your car?
>>
>>17423481
What other bad choices has she made?
>>
>>17423497
Just other various dimwitted blond type of stuff.

She's not good at prioritizing.

>>17423491
Not in the shop yet, but back to back problems that I wanted to prevent by getting it in the shop when the brakes started giving her trouble.
>>
>>17423481
How did she ruin her car in the first place?
>>
>>17423549
Long story. Basically she neglected her possession of the title after not registering the vehicle for over two months. Despite me telling her to do it when she first purchased the car, and again a month later when I was in shock that she still hadn't done that yet.

And, then damages occurred which are not worthwhile to fix on a vehicle you don't have ownership of.
>>
>>17423552
So she drove in an unregistered vehicle for **months**? Christ, what does she do for a living? I can't think of any logical excuse for avoiding that.

>Should I break up with her due to financial reasons?
Not necessarily
>Should I stop supporting her when she makes a bad decision and would suffer otherwise?
You're not her mother
>Should I just keep trying to help her as best I can until she gets on her two feet again?
If by help you mean throwing money at her, no. She's an adult, she has to take some goddamn responsibility.
>>
>>17423566
Exactly. That first point! I couldn't get over it! I'm still not! How do you neglect not registering your vehicle for that long? Especially when you've been reminded to do it, and warned entirely and completely to not keep the title to the vehicle INSIDE of the vehicle.

But, she doesn't have parents that will support her. They don't live in the state anymore. And, it's not that I'm throwing money at her, she works and honestly makes more money than I do.. But, if she's crying I'm the one that has to help, no matter how stupid the situation she got herself into is, and I did give her my car keys when her car was no longer functional.
>>
>>17423579
>she works and honestly makes more money than I do
Then you have no obligation to help her out financially.

Listen, do you want to spend your life tied to a child? Because that's what your relationship sounds like. Most adults are able to take responsibility for their actions, and seeking help and support from others should only come after exhausting all other self-help options.

Think about what it's going to be like in 5, 10 years down the road. Always reminding her to take care of the most basic of duties (e.g. REGISTERING HER CAR!!) and picking her up when she inevitably falls. Does that sound like the sort of relationship you want?
>>
>>17423593
She's not even 20 yet. I'm with high hopes she'll grow up and become more responsible over time.

But, I do see you're making good points. But, I feel like I'm going to be considered a dick if I don't help her. I always try and be there for people when they need it if I like them. But, I've never met anyone who needed this much damn help!

I know I'd rather be the one helping her than some office faggot that hears her sob story.
>>
>>17423604
Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
>>
>>17423606
How do you go about getting less phonecalls? I'm always too available I think. I get a phone call, I answer and it's just that simple. But, she calls 2-3 times a night, even if she knows I'm busy, and if she has nothing to talk about except her day at work but expects me to carry the conversation further despite me having other shit to do.
>>
>>17423610
Set boundaries. If you're busy, tell her she can text but don't expect an immediate response. If it's an emergency, calls are okay.
>>
>>17423481
Can I ask how these poor decisions affect you in a way that make your life that much harder?
If she is doing something that costs you money (that's the impression I get from your post), tell her that you should have separate bank accounts, or just don't bail her out.
Offer her advice if she asks for it, but other than then, don't help.
Or better yet, tell her that she is costing you money, and you won't bail her out any more.
If she gets upset that you aren't helping her with your possessions and money, then you know you have someone who will probably leave you once she finds someone who has more to offer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.