[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem with boyfriend going bald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Disappointed-Meme-Face-14.jpg (44KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed-Meme-Face-14.jpg
44KB, 625x416px
My boyfriend's hairline is receding. The situation isn't that bad at the moment, but I'm worried how it'll be in the future. He is 26 at the moment.

I care about him so much, he is intelligent, has a great body, good job, he treats me damn great. But I can't help but be turn offed by the situation of his hair.

I know this is stupid. But I just can't shake this off. What to do? Is it possible that the hairloss will stop?
>>
>>17422978
Itt - op is a shallow bitch.

Please let us know how he reacts after you break up with him, date someone else, realise they are an asshole, and beg him to take you back.
>>
>>17422978
Balding here aswell at 25.... He can look into fin , which has a small % of erectile dysfunction , or save up for hair transplant.

You could could always just fuck off and leave him , so you can find someone that suits your needs , and he can find someone else aswell.
>>
>>17422983
I know that it's selfish. But I don't know what is it about balding that I have an issue with - I guess it reminds me of me too growing old, or makes me see him as old/sick/weak. I hate having these thoughts, and I'm not perfect either, but as said, I just can't deny having these thoughts.

>>17422989
I wouldn't dump him just cause of his hair, but this has made me doubt my overall feelings for him. I mean, one could think that if you really loved someone, it didn't matter how they hair was? My ex had a receding hairline as well, a bit different type than his, but I never had a problem with it cause I loved him to bits.
>>
File: 968.jpg (107KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
968.jpg
107KB, 625x415px
Oh you're so cute

Call me when you're 30 and your tits start to sag and you get hemorroids and your biological clock starts to tick and nobody wants you because you're 30.

But on topic, you got hair transplants which cost a fuckload of money, Propecia (which will give him side effects guaranteed on the long run), Minoxidil (which turns the skin to shit and might give him rashes), and just overall good diet and exercise

80% of us get recessive hairline and it just gets a bit worse each year. It's part of growing up and mortality. Carpe diem

But on a serious note I wish I could see you when you start to notice you age much worse than guys on your 30. Oh how delightful it would be to see the anxiety on your face.
>>
>>17422997
Well if it really bothers you , leave him. You'll both find better partners.
>>
At least you recognize how shallow you are. Leave him if it bothers you that much so he can find someone better
>>
Just buzzcut and deal with it.
>>
>>17422978
if you really think that this is so bad, then discuss this with him and then see what options you have.

Everyone has their preference and if this is yours, then you should discuss these and if it doesnt work out for you, then you should move on.
>>
>>17422998
>>17423058

If he's as good a bloke as you say he is, you don't deserve him and you shouldn't be weighing him down. If this shit gets in the way of any real feelings you might have for him then he doesn't need the fucking wreck of a person you probably will become as you age.

Spoiler: comparatively speaking, you are going to look like dogshit in 10 years. Have a good day OP.
>>
people blow fin side effects way out of proportion

I haven't had any and they don't sound that bad to me anyway
>>
I think thats pretty shitty of you. If he knew you felt that way it'd hurt him a lot.
>>
File: 4L_uSECzUad.jpg (49KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
4L_uSECzUad.jpg
49KB, 400x267px
LEAVE HIM

its clear you dont feel how you THINK you feel about him, or WANT TO feel about him

you cannot change how you feel, and if you think its bad now? it only gets worse continuing on. your feelings about this will continue to show

i usually call women shallow for this, but i know now its simply attraction, and the lack of hair isnt attractive to you

leave now before you feel contempt for a man who is balding more & more

leave him to find a girl where the balding isnt an issue & you can find someone who has hair, where you wont feel the need to ask anonymous strangers instead for help of talking to your man one on one
>>
>>17422978
Hair transplant

Just fucking make him do it
>>
>>17422978
Just wait till he gets a hair transplant and it's no big deal if you see the rapper tyga he has a perfect hairline from transplants and there's literally no recession and he had the worst hairline I've seen. His hairline is so full people will keep seeing he's wearing a wig but he's not it's a full hairline I followed him on snapchat and I've seen him ride roller coasters and I've seen him get his hair cut almost as short as possible and I can tell you that it's not a wig

It may be just illuminati hair regrowth methods though as tosh did the same thing
>>
>>17422978
unpopular as your opinion is OP, I happen to agree. Bald is not beautiful so if all things equal I would go for a guy with a thick head of hair. I was dating a guy that had two brothers and it was odd his hairline was receding and his two brothers had thick beautiful hair. Before we got serious (never slept together) I broke up with him and me and one of the full head of hair brother saw each other secretly for almost a year.
>>
>>17422978
Leave him, he deserves someone better than you.
>>
>>17423391
I wouldn't go so far as saying he deserves someone better but don't understand why OP is with this guy when she knows it is a waste of her time.
>>
Leave him now, make some bullshit up so he doesn't attribute it to his hair loss.

It's obvious that this is a big issue for you but it's going to happen, minoxidil is a meme that will probably only accelerate his balding unless used in tandem with the poison known as finasteride, which I'd advise to keep a wide berth of. He's going to lose hair and you can't stop it, so if you're going to be in a healthy relationship, its better that you don't have this little seed growing in the back of your head telling you your boyfriend is flawed in a way that you can't stand. It WILL fester if you've already thought this way as of now.

But when you break up, I'd you let him believe it's in anyway related to hair loss, he will obsess with it and tell himself he needs to take god knows what experimental pills and he'll start avoiding mirrors, he'll wear hats everywhere, touch his head and immediately be filled with sorrow. I lived through this and believe me, every day I wanted to not exist. It was excruciating and took three years to cope. Eventually, I just started shaving my head. Sure I'm not as attractive as I'd be with hair, but it's better than rocking the Costanza at age 22. Just tell him you have differences that you know will never be worked out and that it hurts you as much as him, he'll hate you for it but better he hates you than himself and the rest of the behaired world
>>
>>17422978
>I have a problem with girlfriend going fat
>My girlfriend's fatness is increasing quickly. The situation isn't that bad at the moment, but I'm worried how big the landwhale it'll be in the future. She is 26 at the moment.
>I care about her so much, she is intelligent, has a great personality, good job, she treats me damn great. But I can't help but be turn offed by the situation of her fat belly.
>I know this is stupid. But I just can't shake this off. What to do? Is it possible avoid her to become a landwhale?
t. OP boyfriend
>>
>>17423398
I would.

What is she going to do when she starts to age? She's just going to expect a man to roll with her and if a man doesn't he'll be a dick.
>>
>>17423408
Not every balding person has to go completely bald

Op what if your boyfriend just has a shitty hairline as he gets older not a completely bald head? Is that passable?
>>
>>17423412
nothing wrong with have high expectations.
>>
>>17423357
Is this a subtle bait?
>>
>>17423409
This isn't a fair comparison because a weight problem is fixable, easily so at that. Its fixed by a few behavioral changes. Hair loss isn't, and the only alleged fixes are all medically related, either expensive and unsatisfactory surgery or drugs with little effect on your head and dangerous side effects everywhere else
>>
>>17423422
It's the same retarded reason.
>>
>>17423431
What? One is that your partner doesn't care about their appearance and just wants to consume and laze, a behavioral flaw that can be relearned. The other is an unfortunate physical malady that can't be helped, not a fault with the person themselves but rather the human body.

A more apt comparison would be if his gf's face was rapidly getting saggier
>>
>>17423420
the brother and I kept our relationship secret because he didn't want to cause a rift with his brother whom I found out hope it would turn into a marriage. Firstly we went out 4 times so don't know how he made the leap I would be his wife. Now, the brother I really cared about, but he broke up with me, saying he couldn't keep a serious relationship secret and he was never going to let his family know he and I were an item. I learned to decline a date up front if the guy doesn't have a full head of hair and shamefully avoid guys that are thinning.
>>
>>17423461
Thank you for prove my point.
>>
>>17422997
>I wouldn't dump him just cause of his hair, but this has made me doubt my overall feelings for him. I mean, one could think that if you really loved someone, it didn't matter how they hair was? My ex had a receding hairline as well, a bit different type than his, but I never had a problem with it cause I loved him to bits.
seem spretty simple that your a bitch OR you dont actually like your current bf as you say you do. make a decision now dont string it along for months. i doubt your perfect either but if something is a no no for you then be upfront not this drag on for years shit bc "he makes me feel nice"
>>
File: 1283278100448.jpg (88KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
1283278100448.jpg
88KB, 400x332px
>>17422997
>i wouldn't dump him for it but it's making me doubt my feelings for him

>ex had same problem but i didn't doubt my feelings for him
>>
File: a03375da146b8a628f6534420ffdb2a8.jpg (176KB, 680x1007px) Image search: [Google]
a03375da146b8a628f6534420ffdb2a8.jpg
176KB, 680x1007px
>>17422978
Tell him to go to a dermatologist, it has been mentioned in this thread already but hair transplants are expensive and minoxidil can irritate the skin but can also kill your cat if it licks the scalp.

Just tell him about it. Most, if not all, guys don't want to lose their hair and at least stopping the loss is possible.
I mean, appearance isn't that important in a relationship but feeling/looking good for each other is a nice thing to do. If you notice that you get fat, you'll probably work out and/or change your diet.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to stay in shape.

Talk with him about it, consider treatment (don't force him though) and don't let a good relationship go to waste because of such a small issue.
If it gets worse, just shave it off or grow one of those sick mongolian hairstyles

It's natural/ok to feel turned off by something about your partner, it doesn't make you a bad person.
>>
>>17422978
Tell him you read about how healthy fish oil is and that you want to start taking it everyday because it's good for your health. Fish oil also has collagen which is really good for your hair and skin so maybe it will help on the hairline thing? Always worth a try.
Also you're a superficial bitch
>>
>>17422983
Date a bald girl.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.