[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my family are relying on me to get a degree and good job and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images123.jpg (7KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images123.jpg
7KB, 208x242px
my family are relying on me to get a degree and good job and help us out of poverty but since day 1 i knew that i am incapable of finishing uni, not because i am dumb but because i am not good with words and essays, also my attendance is very low as i suffer from depression and have been bullied since i was 11 and i thought it would be finished by the time i reached 18 but i was wrong, this really killed me inside i have no motivation for anything. my dad is also a control freak and i am allowed no freedom and he criticises each and every thing i do and always tells me im useless and a disappoinment for not being perfect at everything

i told my dad to let me go into something practical instead of a degree, like a trainee accountant, and he refused to let me and forced me to go uni because he thought degrees are a magic piece of paper that sorts all problems and now i am on the brink of failing my first year, second time in a row and im going to be kicked out of uni and the bullying at home will increase

i just feel like killing myself or running away forever what do i do, i would have left ages ago but i cant leave my mum with that man and shes scared to leave him herself, she also has no freedom like me
>>
Oh and I didn't even mention I'm in £18000 debt for some shit I did not even want to do in the first place and now my whole life is fucked up
Sorry for ranting here but I have no friends or anyone I can talk to and this is helping me get it off my chest because I desperately need to
>>
>>17422093
>I'm in £18000 debt
Lmaoing @ yo education system
You fucked it up man
Enjoy paying some gender studies professor wage, while you work two min wage jobs with poles and pakis
>>
>>17422093
You can do it! I'd bet your uni has a writing/essay help center. If not, there are many good books about academic writing, like Strunk & White's. But start with attending class! I'd bet you could pass just by attendance - don't defeat yourself by not going to class!

Don't bully yourself by saying you have depression, repeating what your dad says about uselessness/disappointment, etc. Maybe you do have depression, but using it as an excuse to give up on everything doesn't help anyone, least of all your mum.

If your mother is physically safe, work on your degree. You might want to look up professional advice on what to do in an abusive relationship. I remember that you should record instances of abuse (writing down time/date/what happened) - if you feel safe about doing that.
>>
>>17423395
Not an exaggeration at all. Lots of school leavers are being pressurised, due to stigma and schools obsession with uni acceptance statistics, into doing rubbish degrees at rubbish universities, when they're better off doing something vocational.

Not everyone is cut out for academic study, and it definitely doesn't gauruntee you a job. Especially when there are people out there studying meaningful subjects, at prestigious universities, and getting 1st class/2.1's at the end of it.

There's nothing you can do about it now, OP, just finish with a decent grade at the end of it and try to line up and job ASAP. Otherwise you will be stuck working at Tescos, surrounded by Polish migrants.
>>
>>17422093
you school doesn't have some sort of clinic you can go to for the depression? I know they'll have some kind of writing center for help with essays(you seem like you write fine, though, so the issue is probably logic classes rather than actually writing).

Stop being so "woe is me" and take some steps to correct your situation. The steps are easy to take.
>>
>>17423511
>>17423395
i study accounting and finance at city university london, not a rubbish degree at a rubbish uni.
i would happily work at tesco for the rest of my life as long as i can live my own life

>>17423427
>>17423535
its too late, what would you do in my position?
>>
>>17422093
> i am not good with words and essays
That means your dumb.

> also my attendance is very low
You're own fault you lazy bitch.

> i told my dad to let me go into something practical instead of a degree, like a trainee accountant, and he refused to let me and forced me to go uni because he thought degrees are a magic piece of paper that sorts all problems
Did he put a gun to your head? You're 18, take some fucking responsibility. And he's right, degrees are nice to have. He's also right about you being a stupid failure. Get a job at McDonalds and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17424556
>That means your dumb.

How ironic. I think what you are looking for is "you're". Don't call others dumb if you don't even know which words do what.
>>
>>17424027
If you wanted to become an accountant, you really didn't need to get 27 grand into debt over it. I know successful accountants who have absolutely NO degree. Plenty of firms offering internships with training alongside, and a job secured at the end of it. Should've researched options such as those first.

Instead you're stuck doing a shit degree (it is shit because you don't require it to enter the profession) at a shit uni (it's rated 301 in the world rankings, UK rankings are piss). You're degree was not worth 27 grand.

That's why the British education system sucks. No teacher ever tells a student is information because they want the highest percentage of their students to be in higher education. Damaging, especially with tuition fees going up and grants scrapped.
>>
>>17424654
OP apologies for this heavy handed reply. I didn't read your comment fully, so didn't know that you already suggested to your father that you wanted to get straight into the field.

Well done for suggesting that to your dad in yhe first place, a lot of students are silly and DO think that university is a magic slip of paper. Unfortunately, you should have been a little more direct and decisive when it came to UCAS application. It's important to make it clear to your parents that it's your life, and sometimes they don't know best.

Also, I'm going to go out on a whim and assume that you're British Asian, right? Pakistani or Indian? It's just in their culture to force university onto you, especially accounting uni. I would suggest not trying uni again, it's obvious it's not for you and trying to find a paid internship to get you into the profession. They'll be happy that you're earning, whilst also working towards the career.

Forget about the bullying; parents (especially south Asian ones) are like that. Just go for it, focus on your internships because they dont know a thing.

Good luck.
>>
>>17424556
did your daddy stick his fingers in your ass and now you have to take the rage out on random people on the internet? lmao

>>17422093
just roll with the punches do what you feel is right, theres no right answer
>>
>>17424556
Every heard of someone being great at maths and bad at english? I feel sorry for anyone who has the rotten luck to ever be in your presence
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.