[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok to miss the first week of University? Family member

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Feels-Bad-Frog-Meme-01.jpg (61KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Frog-Meme-01.jpg
61KB, 400x388px
Is it ok to miss the first week of University?

Family member passed away and I spent all my money on flights to the funeral. So I can't afford my course material, calculators ect.

I went to one class and my lecturer made fun of me for being 'that guy who doesn't participate or prepare'

I'm really fucking sad and they're hassling me about stuff.

I was approved for a loan that will be paid on Friday, today is Wednesday, I have my first Maths workshop today and tomorrow my first accounting workshop.

I already have a background with accounting, and the mathematics unit is starting off basic stuff, I can see they're doing compound interest. Highschool stuff.

What does adv think?

I really can't handle the humiliation right now
>>
Tell your professor, "I'm coincidentally having family issues at the start of the semester. Some things are more important than class." Don't throw an autistic shit fit, but be firm, reasonable, assertive, but of all things calm.

Missing the first week isn't that bad, just make sure to catch up quickly as you can fall behind easily.
>>
>>17421664
>I went to one class and my lecturer made fun of me for being 'that guy who doesn't participate or prepare'
Fucking rude. That's not how you run a classroom.

You should show up even without the materials. Highly recommend emailing your professors about your situation. You can just say due to a family member passing away, you'll be unable to get the course materials for the first week." They'll completely understand.

Email the professor of the class you already went to, too. Cant hurt.
>>
Just so you know, your professors will probably drop you if you don't show up and don't tell them in advance.
>>
>miss first week of uni because of some sad depressing shit
>by the time you get there everyone already knows everyone
>dont need to do introductions anymore, you're fucked
>you missed out on all the first-week bonding
>you missed out on the small period where you have a legitimate reason to be awkward around someone
>freshers is over, even if you want to go out and bond people will be over that
>its scary quick how people form friendship groups for the rest of the year
>It gets harder and harder to form bonds the longer you leave it
>people already start deciding on who they want to live with in year 2 by xmas.

Seriously why would anyone ditch their fun mates they met first week for some sad sack with a lot of depressing excuses about having to go to a funeral, no one wants a harsh like that on their uni buzz.

It sucks the position you are in but honestly no one wants to go to uni and deal with someone elses depressing problems.
>>
>>17421664
talk with your teachers and let them know. yes you can do that anon. hey, you don't have to keep everything inside. speak. just don't be a drama queen

I'm sorry for your loss but you can do it anon, I know you can, you sound like a nice person so don't let them put you down, your teacher was probably just disappointed but that teacher doesn't know so blame the sin not the sinner.

you won't fall behind if you speak to some of your classmates and explain them your situation. they will understand
>>
>>17421744
also OP, don't listen to this utter idiot he's probably from r9k and will answer to my post
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.