[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I cheer up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (65KB, 490x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 490x474px
My roommate is being mean to me, my (former?) best friend is going back to drugs because he doesn't believe he can make life changes, and I dumped my girlfriend because neither of us was ready for a relationship (she lacks the insight to see that). I want to become a member of the sane, behaved world, but I'm too poor. This feels really lonely and sad.

Sorry for the frequent thread making. It's better than drinking or drugging.
>>
>>17420275
All of your problems are self-inflicted.
>>
>>17420309
I'm open to talking about that, although the brevity of your posts suggests you just felt like kicking a nigga when he self-identified as being down.
>>
In times like that I force myself to become a beacon of positivity and inspiration.

I don't even let negative thoughts enter my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urun_rE79_Q&list=PLWL-f1YBw48NKF1PasvuAM5oyiT73A12i&index=7

I make an extra effort to be more productive and helpful and generous. As long as you do it sincerely, it'll rub off on other people and they'll pick up on it. Positive vibes are contagious.

Notice how the negativity of the people around you makes you start to feel bad? If you give in, it'll descend further and further. Negativity begets negativity. Don't let yourself be bitter or pessimistic. It'll try to sneak out of us through little quips or snark or bitchiness like "oh of COURSE X happens right when I'm Y". Don't let it. Firmly contain it at its root and keep it in its place.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3032351/the-future-of-work/why-venting-about-work-actually-makes-you-angrier

Don't let it "bottle up" either though. Try to think about it neutrally and passively and accept it for what it is, but reject the bitterness you want to feel as a result.

>yes that person cut me off but it's not a big deal I'm not gonna let myself blow up over something stupid

You sound like a person that already tries to stay positive, but the negativity around you is wearing you down. I think you're just a passively positive person though, so try to be ACTIVELY positive and radiant. I try to channel Jupiter (abundance, generosity, kindness, charisma).
>>
>>17420393
yeah. I fell off the active positivity wagon. I'm gonna try to get back on. I was thinking about getting someone a gift already.

I'll be going to a support group (because goddamn you need something), and I'll try to be positive there. I don't see signs of things turning around but I know they can, and we need to hold out until they do...

Thank you anon for recognizing
>>
>>17420337
No i meant it honestly.

Man up to your roommate.

Cut your losses with your friend. Not everyone can be saved, some will always turn to drugs in the end.

Seems a bit pretentious to say your girlfriend lacks insight. Seems immature.

This is the sane, behaved world. Most people are poor.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.