[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trip to Dentist has momentarily cured my depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: oxy.jpg (4KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
oxy.jpg
4KB, 300x225px
So I was super fucking depressed, unable to focus or do jack shit. But then I got my wisdom teeth removed, and put on Oxycodone.

Now I can work and get things done. Life seems better. I ain't gonna try to get more pills when my subscription is done, but what should I do?

Is this a sign that perhaps I just needed medication to get out of my slump? Should I go to a Psychiatrist?

I mean obviously I can't go ask for Oxycodone to treat depression. It's ok for me to be using it now because there's a fucking hole in my gums, but I want to be proactive when my teeth have healed.

I just want to do things again, and not angst, or worry.

Any advice y'all can give me?
>>
I've been on two different antidepressants for a week and I see no difference. If anything I got worse.
>>
>>17419656
I have taken many anti depressants over the years. I have learned a few things. The big one is everyone is different, so medication needs to be tailored by a doctor who specializes in such things.

For me I found a few that works well for me, but in the end diet and exercise (along with years of hard work and counseling) was what got me out of my dark place. I now take controlled dosages of over the counter vitamins, and yes the details matter, (mostly B3 - Niacin) and follow a strict workout plan as missing a few days can have me noticeably slide back.

It is important to keep records and work with others, including your doctor. As you may not notice the side effects given these things literally mess with your mind. Also oxycodone is highly addictive, has ruined many lives, and is not used for such things. So I would avoid it and look for better alternatives.
>>
>>17419656
You seem to respond to the effects of pain killers as an antidepressant. I'm not sure what about them does that, but I do too. Try tramadol. It's used as an off-label antidepressant. Works great. Can make you a bit dizzy if you take too much at first though. Effects are almost immediate better mood.
>>
>>17419700
I forgot to mention that I have been on several anti-depressants as well, and as someone else mentioned, you have to find the right one that works for you, and that takes time. It takes time to find it, and then time to see the effects once you do. Painkillers seem to skip all of that though, which is why I'm using them as a temporary fix. I'd suggest seeking actual anti-depressants, but in the mean time it's a great quick fix.
>>
>>17419664
that is actually pretty common with antidepressants. general rule of thumb is that you need to take them for 4-8 weeks to know if they're going to work.

make sure you have someone you can call if your symptoms get to the point where you might seriously injure yourself.
>>
>>17419714
I was also prescribed sleeping pills and every night I consider just taking the whole bottle.
>>
>Dopamine
This is why opioids are so addictive.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.