[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20160801_000736.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_000736.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
How do I deal with this rust in my tub adv/?

Inb4 comments, yes, I live in the eastern part.
>>
>>17419625
The enamal has come off you silly cunt. Get a new one.
>>
>>17419633
Well shucks, let's say that is not exactly an option right now.

-Will it affect my health or skin?
-Can I cover it with something? A special paint or covering agent?
>>
>>17419625
The enamel is gone, you should replace it.

Typical rust is harmless to humans, our blood has a lot of it. It is one of the least harmful things I can think of.

That said rust surfaces can grow other things and increase the risk of micro cuts, so tiny infected cuts is an issue but not sure how big of an issue as I have never heard of this happening in real life but is cited as a possible Tetanus vector by some doctors I have talked with. Would think 50 cent Walmart flip flops would protect from such things.

They do make plastic enamels you can paint on, but those only last a few years and look cheap.

If you are going to be really cheap I would ask /diy/ as they always have some crazy ideas. Mine would be seal it with some kind of compatible sealer. Or something like deck or truck bed liner which seems to always work for abusive situations. Just make extra sure your sealer don't get down the drain or it could seal the pipes which is really bad.
>>
>>17419772
Thanks for the adv/ op, you have a bors from me.
>>
>>17419865
thanks, but what is a bors and what did you mean by east side?

Also once this rusts though it will make very bad leaks into other part of the building, so make sure the pan doesn't have leaks and is still structurally sound. Typically that is a very extreme case that I doubt, but can't tell from photo so it is worth testing before doing more work.

impromptu leak test, plug drain fill with water, check to see if water stays there also listen for any noise that might tell you you missed something.

dare devil structural test, get some heavy objects (for additional tolerance threshold) and carry them into the pan. walk about a bit. If you didn't fall though the floor then it should support you.
(as temping as it is to say jump up and down on it I have found new ones that flex so much I fear jumping would lead to me and the pan getting broken)
>>
>>17419625
Ouch, looks very dirty. I'm not sure the enamel has come off OP, can you scratch some black stuff off the tub with your nail? I ask this because the silicone in the corner is just as black and dirty so I'm not sure if it's vanished enamel or dirt and rust that built up.
If it's enamel that is gone you already have your answer in this topic, if it's dirt you can try a number of different things.

I usually start out with sodium bicarbonate (you get that really cheap at the drug store or supermarket) and some vinegar or lemon juice (don't judge, I'm poor as shit). First you put the sodium bicarbonate on scrubby sponge-thing and scrub scrub scrub then you dib the sponge in the vinegar or lemon juice and scrub scrub scrub and it takes shit away and makes the whites really shiny.
Still continuing with the idea that this is dirt, if you have something with bleach to clean your toilet, put some on the dirty parts then do as I said before with all the scrubbing and shit.

If the enamel has gone I know they sell those anti slip things for old people that they can put in a bath or shower. I would get that.
>>
>>17419925
Eastern Europe, bors is a traditional bowl in Russia and the eastern part of Europe, basicaly it's a stew but with a lot more veggies +/- meat
>>
>>17420055
The silicon is dirty but the tub has real rust on it, and I get the feeling it's growing ever so slightly, it already has two holes in it that act as extra drainage lol.
>>
They make a specialty epoxy paint for situations like this. Not as good as enamel, but good enough until you get something better.

Check your local hardware store.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.