[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop videogames once and for all, /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1466804994507.jpg (103KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1466804994507.jpg
103KB, 620x387px
How can I stop videogames once and for all, /adv/?
>>
By finding new reasons to leave the house. Make new friends. Get a girlfriend. Get new hobbies.

I haven't played vidya in two years. Got a new girl, made new friends and now we're always doing stuff together. If I have down time, I binge watch Netflix shows. Feels good man.
>>
>>17419061
reading books and exercise pretty much made me stop playing video games.
So i guess, pick up those as hobbies
>>
>>17419065
>binge watch netflix
>binge play vidya
Not a good trade, you could've at least kept the fun option for yourself and saved the netflix watching for your GF time.
>>
>>17419061
Develop adult ADD so nothing holds your attention for longer than an hour.
>>
>>17419065
How did you find a girlfriend?
>>
Join French Foreign Legion, like me. I haven't been playing since 2013.
>>
>>17419061
Get depressed about how you are wasting your time playing video games and then let it warp your perception of video games. I used to be all about playing vidya but then I hit rock bottom cause life was flinging shit at me. I feel much better now that I don't spend much time on vidya these days but ever since that low I can't pick up the controller without thinking about how I am playing the same fucking game with a different look, at some point everything becomes too easy and predictable if you've played enough. Now I just rush through for the story and entertainment but it still feels like a chore that isn't very enjoyable. You don't have to quit completely but video games will eventually lose their luster if you aren't an incompetent idiot. Seriously though, how is this even a problem? if you are 18 then you've still got time to fuck off and find your direction but if you are 25+ then that is a problem and you should just put down the controller and reflect on how life will continue if you keep it up. If that's not enough then what the fuck.
>>
All i used to do is play video games all day untill new neighbors moved near by with kids my age. I stopped playing video games and just hung out outside. Go make some friends to hangout with in person
>>
>>17419061
Get rid of your pc or consoles. Maybe ask someone to do it so you don't start playing and forget while doing it.
If you need a computer for work/study get a shitty one.
This worked for me. It was't exactly voluntary but I can't stand gaming in this shit laptop. After a while, I started feeling bored. That's a good sign, because I didn't feel anything before except anxiety when couldn't play.

Boredom is a great motivator to do things.
>>
Realize that games aren't as good as they used to be and are only getting worse.
>>
>>17419061

depends, do you have something you want to replace the video games with?
>>
>>17419061
Do you really want to be grouped together with kids and man-children that play minecraft and "five nights at freddy's"?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.