[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate talking to my girlfriend over the phone. Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: woman-talking-on-phone.jpg (23KB, 520x360px) Image search: [Google]
woman-talking-on-phone.jpg
23KB, 520x360px
I fucking hate talking to my girlfriend over the phone. Don't get me wrong, we have a great relationship and love spending time with each other--but for some fucking reason I get irrationally pissed off when she calls me--especially if I'm in the middle of doing something. Like...I want to jump out the nearest window pissed. I actually like having conversations with people over the phone, but it's the meaningless empty conversations that get to me. Those "before work-after work", "what are you doing right now?" type of calls. It feels like I have to drop everything I'm doing and listen to something that honestly has no value of me because I hear it every day--and every day I give the same responses. After the phone call I feel like I just wasted my time and I'm too pissed off to focus on what I was doing prior to the call. Am I just being an asshole? I would understand it if I just get bored, but lately it sets off my anger off the fucking charts. Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
My boyfriend calls me pretty frequently even though we live like 20 minutes apart. I find it endearing.
But yeah, you kind of sound like an ass if you get THAT angry over a phone call
>>
>>17418975
I agree 100%. Especially when you are going to see the person in an hour.
>>
My boyfriend loves when we call each other. He is always busy, but still clears some time to talk with me on the phone. If I don`t call as much, he calls just to see if I`m alright, since we`re so used to talking everyday.
Change your attitude, or just tell her?
>>
>>17418975
I hate it as well. Smalltalk in general annoys me to death. All wasted time.
I try to compromise - call often but keep the conversation quick. I love hearing my boyfriend and I know he wants to talk on rhe phone 3/4 times a day, but after another day of doing the same shit just give me the highlights of your day and not the details about what you had for lunch.
>>
>>17419011
If you live with someone, why would you want to talk with them on the phone?
>>
I totally feel you OP.
On my end it's more she calls and start unloading everything that happened to her during the day, leading to a phone call that's roughly an hour or so on a good day, or two or more on bad ones.

It's sort of like what Louie CK said at one of his stand ups: she just keeps branching into more and more substories and just doesn't get to the fucking point.

But alas, OP, you need to be there for her if she wants to talk about her day and whatnot. If it's just small talk - you need to learn to tell her you're in the middle of something and that you'll get back to her when you're done.

I'd say state that you're currently doing something, ask her if everything is okay, and if so promise to get back to her. That way when you do talk it should be about relevant stuff.
>>
>>17418975
I get the same thing.

I do my best to accommodate, though.

Perhaps find a way to enjoy it more?
Tell her about your day instead of just listening?
>>
>>17418975
I know what you're talking about OP.

Back when I was smoking weed I would get extremely irritated when my girlfriend called. She would want to talk for AT LEAST 30 minutes and I didn't give a fuck about what she was saying.

Now that I don't smoke weed it's not as bad. Probably because I'm not as absorbed into my hobbies. It's still frustrating but I'm not as irritated.
>>
>>17418975

Positive/Negative reinforcement.

If she calls a lot, be short with her, don't answer and withhold sex.

If she calls less, compliment her, sweet gesture, good sex.

She can be conditioned to however you want.

I broke my ex-girlfriend of many habits I didn't find appealing:

>Smoking
>Drinking
>Buying clothes and make up constantly.
>Eating less junk good.

You can do it, senpai.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.