[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Timeframe on love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: heart-598048_960_720.png (608KB, 882x720px) Image search: [Google]
heart-598048_960_720.png
608KB, 882x720px
How long does it take to be able to love someone? Like how well should you know them or how often should you see each other before you can definitively say you love someone?
I've been dating someone for about 2 weeks and only known him for 6 but he told me recently he loves me and I'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand I have always thought love takes a lot longer to develop than that, and I didn't tell my first boyfriend I loved him until about 6 months into our relationship. That was different though because it was long distance so I feel like love would have taken longer to develop. I think I'm really out of my depth because this is the first 'proper' boyfriend I've had I guess.

What do you guys think? How long would you wait before telling someone you love them?
>>
>>17418717
>been dating someone for about 2 weeks and only known him for 6 but he told me recently he loves me and I'm not sure how to feel about it.
What did you say to hi when you said it?
>>
5 minutes
>>
>>17418717
Im happy to see another gay couple
Good luck on your relationship!!
>>
Two weeks seems a bit soon. 'Love' is a pliable thing, anyway. It builds with time. Its likely only infatuation he's feeling at the moment, however that could smolder into something more lasting. The concept of love developes differently for each pair of people. Only you know what feels comfortable and right.
>>
>>17418733
Do you mean what did I say to him? I questioned him about it and sort of blew him off, told him he was drunk (he was, we both were, but he's said it again while sober). I haven't said it back though
>>
>>17418717
Theres sexual love 0.2
Instinct love(crush)1 to 600 s
And fruit love (love that matures with time) any tme you use(sec min h day week month...)
>>
>>17418717
I don't know. I think it boils down to a bunch of things-- ignorance, experience, delusion, perception. Basically how you view other people and how gullible you are, how much your emotions control you, if you even know what love is.

Either way I look at it, two weeks? That guy is probably a fucking retard floozy. There is no way anyone with any common sense or thought process would even consider himself as 'being in love' with someone he's barely gotten to know. I mean fuck, there are couples who have been together for years and don't know a thing about the other because at that point it's just obligation. But shit, that's all love really is anyways. You can't possibly know a person, only your perception of them, and just hope to yourself on the many things there are to doubt.

But I dunno, faggot. Why don't you reflect in the ways I just did? This is your first relationship? That's no excuse, you should still have standards and try to understand thought processes of people, compare them to yourself. If you're a dumb slut like he is then what's stopping you?

>>17418755
Oh okay so yeah, he's needy for you to say it back apparently. But let me clarify all that shit I typed above. I just realized I was typing that with the impression that him saying he 'loves' you meant something. I'm just now realizing, 'love' is probably just another word he throws around like it's meaningless, and if that's the case, don't worry about being devoted; he'll get clingy as fuck.

tl;dr Only stay with him if you're as much of a simpleton as he sounds to be. I know I'm being extremelt judgemental with only one fact about the guy, but I feel like that one thing speaks a lot
>>
>>17418755
He said it twice and you didn't say it back? Sucks to be that guy.

It depends but I'd wait a month before saying the words, saying the word "love" is like want to be exclusive to me.
>>
>>17418803
Lmao he doesn't really seem to mind. He said he knows he's a much more open person than me and it's fine. I have had to hold back saying it to him before though because I felt like it was too soon - so I feel like we're sort of on the same page even if I haven't said it.

I'm definitely gonna wait longer, a month sounds reasonable
>>
Fuck man I don't know if it's the time that matters... It's how much you talk to them in that time period. I asked my gf out like a week after knowing her. But, I literally talked to her non stop for a week. Like, 6 am- 3 am literally.
>>
>>17418717
Knew it after a week, implied it but never explicitly said it for 4 months.
>>
>>17419074
Well I've seen him at least once a week every week since meeting him the first time and we generally talk every day or every other day through facebook or texting or talking on the phone - and he's stayed at my house for multiple nights. I guess that's a good point. I feel like I'm definitely falling for him at least

>>17419079
Why did you wait that amount of time?
>>
>>17419219
>Why did you wait that amount of time?
Because telling him was unnecessary.
I told him I loved him when he needed to hear it. When he was feeling really unloved and sad, I made sure he knew I loved him.
We still don't say it all the time.
>>
>>17418717
There really isn't a time frame for this stuff. You can bot control how people feel.
When my last partner told me he loved me (a few weeks out as well) I let hom know his feelings were valid but I wasn't ready to say the same. Never and I mean NEVER tell someone you love them when you don't know. That hurts more than anything else.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.