[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

seriously lonely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: jar brain wallpaper.jpg (50KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
jar brain wallpaper.jpg
50KB, 960x635px
I find myself spending a lot of time either on 4chan or thinking about ways to reach out to people I used to know, mostly distant acquaintances and failed relationships. I spend most of my free time doing this, although I do occupy myself with hobbies when I can get the motivation.

I'm trying to be a person of more merit, but it's going to be a long time because I am very poor and not allowed to take a loan towards school for three years. How can I end the loneliness without reeking of desperation and accepting mistreatment? I just want someone to share the media, art, food, and places I enjoy. I wonder why that is so difficult to find.
>>
>>17418647

what have you actually done to look for it? how many people have you legitimately said

>hey, im planning on doing XX this saturday, wanna come?

mistreatment? i see so many peopel post about being mistreated all the time like the worlds out to get them and i simply cannot fathom it. im not particualrly attractive. im 5'6" and 120 pounds. i have horribly geeky interests and read books like 'the philosophy of buffy the vampiure slayer' on the bus.

and the only place that people mistreat me is... well 4chan. everyone else etiher
a) minds their own business or
b) fucks off if they dont want to deal with me or
c) just have a nice casual conversation, and more if it goes somewhere.

go do all the things you want to do with people, and see hwo you meet along the way. at the very least, even if you meet no one, you'll have at least done it.
>>
>>17418662
Alright, well something is going more right for you if people are treating you well. That says nothing about my experience or position in life.

I don't know who to invite where or what to do with them. Now, when I was friends with people, I knew exactly how to invite them to things. I think things start flowing naturally when two people like each other (platonically or whatever).

Are you suggesting I just rigidly ask a person on the street to like...split a bill for a lunch? Watch a movie at my house? Talk about life with me? It ain't that simple, guy.
>>
I mistreated person I feel bad I don't want to mistreat person oh why did I mistreat person now im going to be alone. I sad I don't want to mistreat persons.
>>
>>17418675

you still dont tell me how people are 'mistreating' you. like i said, im not alpha chad mc thunder cock here, and people treat me just fine. so what are you doing to make them mistreat you AND what do you call 'mistreating' becuase maybe they're just being normal and you over interpret simple rejections and make them out to be bigger than what htey are.

but no, im not suggesting you go up to a stranger on the street. I have a big ole folder of 'how to make new friends' advice, but i really need to know what your current issue is in terms of being mistreated, cuz it may nto be of any use
>>
>>17418691
okay I see your point now. thanks for the concern. I have BPD. there was already a big thread on it yesterday, with a psychologist or two showing up to the party.

I see an experienced psychologist every week (that's the max I can do) and I'm willing to pay out of pocket if it's possible.

I follow the professional advice I'm given, report any problems happening, and cross my fingers. That remains to be the plan.
>>
Same situation as OP. In my experience, the worst thing is being ignored. People don't respond to you in conversations, texts go unanswered, or they agree to meet with you and cancel at the last minute. This happens over and and over and over again. People simply don't like lonely people. You see it all the time on this board even, the idea that somehow you chose to be alone and therefore deserve mistreatment.
>>
>>17418743
yeah my mentality regarding other people is starting to warp. I asked this guy I was best friends with for many years out to lunch and I actually made a no homo comment and worried about whether or not he wanted to hang out with me. That is so out of my character.

Anxiety around socializing and feeling totally unwanted can warp your mind. I'd try to be careful and conscious of it, and get to socializing in some form pretty soon.
>>
guess I'm gonna have to post this one a few times
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.