[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new job, fucked up already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Started a new job recently in a convenience store. My shifts usually have me working with Assistant Manager "Edward" and General Assistant (same role as me) "Hayley".

Edward is 30 y/o and lives with his parents, worked at the store about 8 years, king neckbeard. Hayley is 21 y/o (so am I), she is pretty, and has a bubbly and very extroverted personality, typical college slut. She has worked here a year exactly.

They are always doing tasks around the store and having breaks with each other, even if the task is fairly simple and requires one person. She turns up hours late to shifts, does little work and gets lunch bought for her. She told me she gets him to cover her shifts when she's getting fingerblasted in a nightclub because he has nothing better to do. She obviously exploits his lack of women in his life to get what she wants

Me and her become quite friendly, messaging back and forth. Comfortable enough to tell me about her menstruation. She misses work the next day and I tell Edward it's probably because she's leaking blood from her Clown's Pocket. He gets defensive asking if we message each other. He then boasts to me how she tells him more detail about her coagulated period juice like it's a competition; he's obviously insecure.

She's in the store one day, not working, buying fanny pads. I joke with her saying Edward is angry about her missing her shift in a very obvious sarcastic tone. She laughs, I laugh, and she leaves the store. 30mins later Edward bursts out from the store "What were you telling Hayley?! She's angry with me and won't reply!". I explain how I joked earlier, but he thinks it's some gross conspiracy for me to steal her from him.

I message her explaining that I was joking, she replies with very passive aggressive responses and obviously doesn't believe I was joking. She won't message him and he's also passive aggressive with me, and probably contemplating his existence.

I don't feel very welcome there anymore. Best off quitting?
>>
Ride it out till you get fired
>>
Nah. Get all of em in a room, explain what happened. Try to see things from their point of view and they will see from yours. If they don't understand, then they are clinically insane - quit.
>>
>>17417947
sounds like a shitty comedy show episode

fucking normies
reee
>>
Neckbeard isn't going to fire you. Just do your job and pretend it never happened. If they bring it up again say it was a joke and that's it. If they give you the cold shoulder from now on, then fuck em.

>>17417992
Don't do this, that's just pathetic.
>>
>>17418018
>Don't do this, that's just pathetic.
Yeah, this is a convenience store job
>>
>>17418018
/thread
>>
>>17417947

You all sound like a real group of winners.
>>
File: 1466740859094.png (292KB, 605x535px) Image search: [Google]
1466740859094.png
292KB, 605x535px
>best off quitting?

Fuck no. It's a shit job but it's money, dude.

Stick to it, work like usual and let this drama pass. If either of them continue to hold it against you fuck them and be even more polite each day you walk in. Kill them with kindness. Don't make a scene and only discuss it if they specifically bring it up.

I sadly worked at a small as shit game store for 5+ years and had stuff like this happen all of the goddamn time since it was a mix of neckbeards and cute girls being hired just to be cute. It's nonsensical drama and you should just forget about it. He's pissed because he thinks you're cooler and she's miffed because she thinks you were really taking a jab at her. Young women and neckbeards are all retarded and overly sensitive.
>>
>>17417947
Ignore the both and carry on. Sounds like an autistic convention. Get out of there op.
>>
>>17417947
just shrug off their idiocy because it's funny.
they're both some fucking clowns that can't be taken seriously
>>
Look faggot, you work at a convenience store. yeah, you're probably either in school or just out of school or just need some extra money - there's no shame in that - but regardless of what the situation is you're still near the bottom of the totem pole along with these other convenience store workers. You aren't really in a position to shit on their lives, and I suspect that it secretly makes you feel better about yourself to do so. Next time, just keep that shit to yourself and stop trying to make yourself the alpha loser.
>>
Yeah man, just ride it out until you get fired or until you really want to quit

preferably try to smash chick on the store cameras before you go.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.