[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my life working again? My life has been stalled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 640x482px
How do I get my life working again?

My life has been stalled for six months now. I'm stuck tending bar part time after dropping out of law school, with a Bachelor's in STEM from one of the top three universities in my country, which is apparently useless without a postgrad degree.

I dropped out due to a combination of health problems and burnout, and while those issues are mostly fixed, I can't decide what the hell I'm meant to be doing with my life. Worse still, there don't seem to be any jobs going for recent graduates at the moment, and everything I find has insane levels of competition, where you won't even get called back after an interview. Every job I go for, from office work to waiting tables, I'm told that my degree is the "wrong" one, and that I should've gone to school for the specific job I'm applying for (yet my friends with art and music degrees are all employed with better jobs than me). Every person I meet is shocked to hear I'm only working part time in a bar, asking why I'm not doing something "better" with my life, and honestly, I don't have an answer.

I'm sick of working nights and weekends, sick of being broke, and sick of feeling like shit/inadequate about what I do. No woman is going to date me when my life is this directionless, and I feel like even some of my friends are embarrassed by me (a lot of them can't find proper work either, but they all have ~some~ sort of direction. I'm the only one with no real grounding or direction, and I can't seem to find any, no matter how hard I try to find it or list my skills and interests).

My mother keeps telling me I just need to be patient and that my life will pull itself together, but I'm sick of waiting and feeling like half a person. Is there any way to kick this shit up the ass and start it?
>>
Save up, leave your country, go live like a king in Uganda or some shit.
>>
> redpill
>>
>burnout

https://www.1843magazine.com/body-mind/the-daily/the-way-out-of-burnout

Read this, and you need to quickly figure out what you want with your life.

If your life is really a mess and you can't focus at ALL. START throw away or give away your belonging.

http://www.theminimalists.com/

stop spend money, like just buy food, rent, internet, cellphone, and car.

I can see you have master your knowledge, but your social skill might be like shit.
PUT on your social mask and learn how to communicate with people. Dress correctly.
BE a gentleman (I live in Cape Town and went high school over there, those teaching are excellent)

Time for you to learn something that school will never teach you, the rich will teach their kid, middle class dying to figure it out, and lower class can't obtain.....the soft power of powerful and rich. They can't really be poor because all these knowledge and social skill they have.

You might be best at your job, but someone had better 1st 7 sec impression will beat you.

Life is hard, you fight for everything.
Now, stop sucking mom's tit and go out earn you life. that is how most man pulled through.
YOU DON'T HAVE A VAGINA.
>>
>>17416256
Your advice is as bad as your English.
>>
>>17416130
Nick Miller?
>>
>>17416605
Nope, but I had a teacher in high school with the name Nick Miller, so this made me kek for five seconds.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.