[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a girl from Australia who really enjoys learning French.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: diy home decor.jpg (14KB, 236x283px) Image search: [Google]
diy home decor.jpg
14KB, 236x283px
I am a girl from Australia who really enjoys learning French. I would really love to have a language conversation partner, but I failed to find a language partner when traveling around France.

Now I am back in Australia. I realized that if I join a language exchange meetup group I found online/approach French guys at my uni hoping that I can befriend them, the French guys would just assume that I am looking for a guy to date/hookup with/etc. I just want a friend who can speak to me in French every day, but I don't see it happening anytime too soon. I assume that most French speakers in Australia are expats and I think most women in that age range will be uninterested in befriending a uni-aged girl and most men that age will only talk to a girl that young if he is interested in her. In other words, no one will probably want to befriend me just for the sake of language exchange.

Should I just attend these language meetup events and try to find a French bf? I don't want to find solely-online language exchange partners - it seems a waste of time to bond with someone you can never verify the identity of.
>>
You're assuming too much.

X probably won't because Y. I don't think A will because B.

Most people would be happy to help anyone with a new language, girl or guy. You gotta be more optimistic.
>>
>>17416016
I saw two guys chatting together in French at uni today. I approached them and they assumed that I was flirting with them. It was embarrassing.
>>
>>17416006
what's the problem with having an online friend to speak in french with?
it won't be a waste of time, you'll be practicing your french!
>>
>>17416032
Because I have been catfished before by a language buddy (I won't elaborate the story here). After what happened, I think of bonding with someone you can verify the identity of is just an utter waste of time
>>
Bump again
>>
>>17416006
French anon here

From what I know, most french go to australia for studies and may or may not be interested in befriending you (students eh), tourists that you wouldn't even meet i think, or expats that are pretty much already settled and a bit older.
Do try these language meetups, but expect to be hit on for sure (especially if you're cute).

If you have any more questions I'd be glad to answer here or anywhere else. I don't plan on hitting on girls online and love to talk with foreigners so...
>>
>>17416287
Thanks for your response. I am not particularly good-looking. Have you ever been to language meetup event? Are a lot of men there looking for girls?
>>
>>17416301

I personally have never been to a language meet up so I wouldn't be able to tell you, but it seems like the perfect place to improve your skills.
I don't really know if men are looking for girls there. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I don't think you should be afraid of that since it is not the main purpose of these meetups !
>>
>>17416337
Is it dangerous for me to go alone? This meetup I am interested in is located at a restaurant on the second floor of a building
>>
>>17416344
I don't think it would be dangerous in any way. Just don't be shy and try to talk even if you make mistakes and it'll go smoothly.

I just realized I was mistaken: I've been once in a cultural exchange meetup when I was in Poland last year and I think it's pretty similar : a lot of people from different countries speaking with each other. Really do try it, even alone: it's a wonderful experience.

How forgetful can I be seriously...
>>
>>17416364
Did you find that meetup on meetup.com?
>>
>>17416045
>catfished before by a language buddy (I won't elaborate the story here)
Yes you will!
>>
>>17416006
Frenchie here, try to go on penpal sites, it's how i praticed my Russian !
>>
>>17416521
Nope, a coworker there introduced me to a Facebook group for cultural exchange that was meeting in the same pub each Thursday. I don't know anything about meetup.com
>>
>>17416563
Not OP but which ones are good?
>>
>>17416006
You try this?
https://www.busuu.com/en/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.