[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys do with things after a break up? Stuff like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: trees.jpg (234KB, 880x585px) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
234KB, 880x585px
What do you guys do with things after a break up? Stuff like letters, pictures you have up on social media, etc?
>>
It took me about a year, but I finally deleted my ex's nudes after our breakup
>>
I would put their stuff in a box and forget about them. If I was moving, I'd throw them in the garbage. In terms of social media, I blocked them entirely, which won't allow you to see any pictures they were tagged in.

>>17415483
Stay strong, anon.
>>
>>17415481

I still use cologne from an ex I had like 10 years ago. Everything else is gone though. But hey, it's nice cologne.
>>
>>17415481
>social media
Delete it all. Shows you're strong and ready to move on.
No potential future date wants to see your ex on your bookface.

Keeping letters and other stuff is up to you..
I've only kept a piece of jewelry from my first relationship (10 years ago). Not because it reminds me of them, but because it reminds me of who I am whenever I doubt myself.
>>
>>17415495
I just can't decide if I wanna throw away some letters and other things, I may just throw it all in a box, forget about it, perhaps it'll be interesting to open up in a few years
>>
I just leave it around while I wallow. Then I put the stuff away in my "special drawer" which I never look at but I'm too sentimental to get rid of the contents. None of the stuff in there gives me a twinge of anything negative at this point. Just a "oh, x gave me this" and nothing more. Same thing with pictures on social media. I'd just change my profile picture if it was a couples one, block them on everything, but I don't bother deleting the pictures etc. I like to have sort of a chronicle of my life in case I can't remember. From experience it really stops bothering you after a while, so I see no point in getting rid of it for good. Just put it all where you can't see it and won't see it until you're over it.
>>
>>17415626
it's been a year and it isn't put away in a box? what did you do with it the past year?
>>
>>17415650
No, we just broke up recently, sorry if I worded it weird
>>
>>17415677
actually it was my bad. I thought you were the other poster for some reason. I didn't get enough sleep. You worded it fine. Sorry anon.
>>
>>17415481
Unless you think you're going to make some random appearance on The Notebook, just burn it. Burn it all.
>>
>>17415481
>letters

what? people still do that? burn it i guess.

OR

if she signs her letters you can use it to write cheques to yourself and forge the signature
>>
>>17415894
This is good advice
>>
>>17415481
Im thinking of keeping everything I have from my ex (which is not much anyways). Its a memory of the good that it brought into my life. I'll store it away if it upsets me since the breakup is recent.
Throwing it away seems useless since you won't get away from the pain and you'll have memories and behaviours in you that you shaped with him and you can't just lobotomize yourself.
>>
I myself have a box where i keep a few mementos from all my exes. Small things they gave, drawings, songs, poems, maybe a couple of pictures. So far i have only peeked inside it 2 times in the nearly 8 years i have this box and the feelings where mixed but fleeting.

I like having those memories. Even though things may have gone bad with each girl, i shared things that made me happy with them and i would like to see how i will feel reminiscing them 20 years from now.
>>
Put all of the things that I got from her in a big ass envelope and sealed it. Gave it to my parents and told them to put it somewhere I would not know.

Still have pictures of us on social media, it would seem weird to delete them as your ex was a big part of your life at some point. Deleting that is like erasing the moments you had.

I did delete her from FB, stopped following close friends from her and family.

My ex is still in pictures in photo books from my travels though, will not delete those or cut them out. They're a part of me, whether I like it or not.
>>
>>17415481
Don't leak her nudes.
>>
>>17415481
Physical mementos should go in a box, and the box should go somewhere safe but out of sight. Storage units are ideal, if you already have one.

Digital mementos other than nudes should go on an external drive which gets put into the box from the above paragraph, then deleted from your computers. Nudes should be deleted immediately, no backups, no mercy: doing anything else with them isn't just rude, it actively impedes the healing process.
>>
I just tell her it will not work.

my heart stop when I saw a photo of 2 positive testing stick she texted me.

promptly I deleted her contact forever. glad dodge that bullet.
>>
delete this
>>
give her a timeframe of when she can pick up whatever she might want from the belongings, and after that timeframe throw it away unless it's of value to you still.
>>
I set the letters on fire in my backyard the day after the break up. Clothes were used as rags for cleaning, anything else was sold or given away.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.