[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scratched my fucking car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (298KB, 939x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298KB, 939x1280px
/adv/isors, I fucked up.
Long day at work and fucking scraped my car on a pole leaving the parking garage.
I have insurance, so I called
>hi insurance, I found my car scraped after work!
>hi anon, no worries- we understand. Bring it Wednesday and we'll give you a replacement and fix it up!
>thank you!
>and we'll do an inspection
>inspection
>inspection

Shit, shit, shit. I don't think there any cameras? Maybe? But it looks like a pole scraped it, not like another car hit it.

Am I fucked? Will they catch me? What the fuck is going to happen?
>>
Insurance fraud is a big nono but who knows if they can find out what really happened. You're rolling the dice.
>>
Why didn't you just tell them the truth? They have contingencies for that shit.
>>
>>17414815
This. You have to pay the excess regardless as there is no other party to blame.
>>
Lel you're fucked m8. Other car paint leaves different big ugly streaks than pole paint.
>>
>>17414769
You're going to have to admit you were responsible. They'll still cover you, but your rate is going to go up since you were liable.

What you ought to do is get it checked out by a few auto body shops and get quotes. The upfront cost to fix the scratch is most likely going to be cheaper than having to pay a higher rate every month because you cashed in on insurance.
>>
>>17414801
Can't it be something as simple as 'no, we won't' cover it'? or will it turn into something bigger?
>>17414815
I was caught in the moment, didn't even think. Fuck me.
>>
>>17414848

You're probably better off being honest with them when you bring your car in for inspection or over the phone.

It could turn into something bigger if you bring your car in and you said someone hit you when they didn't.
>>
>>17414831
That's actually pretty sound advice. Maybe I should call back my insurance? Ask them if my rates will go up and then when they say yes I can just cancel the claim and handle it on my own?
>>
>>17414874
Yes. You need to go in and talk with an agent and say yeah, you were responsible for it, and you don't want your rate to go up because of it. Say you have gone to some auto body shops for quotes on what it costs to fix. Ask what it's going to cost you over the long term if you choose to have insurance pick up the cost. They can lay out for you the negative effects of using your insurance for something you were responsible for.

I'm very confident it will be cheaper for you to just pay it. Especially if you are male and under 25.
>>
>>17414922
Or maybe just verify that the autobody quotes are good, and then go ahead and cancel the claim?
>>
>>17414951
do what I told you. You can cancel the claim when you meet with the agent. Go to your appointment on Wednesday. Do your quote shopping Monday and Tuesday.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.