[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family hosted a shooting party yesterday and they told me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1401389571478.jpg (506KB, 936x624px) Image search: [Google]
1401389571478.jpg
506KB, 936x624px
My family hosted a shooting party yesterday and they told me some kid brought in his military gear over and an m16 to shot. He was shooting at metal target and the bullets were ricocheting off and hitting others (no penetration, just hitting people and leaving bruises and cuts).
Dad told him to stop shooting at it but he didnt listen, and he finally ended up shooting himself in the arm. One of the kid's relative's blew a gasket over on my family over this and is thinking about suing my family over this.
The kid was not invited but the kid's relative was, and he brought him over. I think the kid was NOT intoxicated during this, but I don't know about my father.
I believe the kid is not in the military anymore either.

So, I know there is a case here, but how bad does it look for my family? Just because the kid was stupid and shot himself on their property.
>>
>I know there is a case here
The way I see it, no there isn't. But who knows how laws work in fucking America
>>
Depends on state. Some states it's like "Oh my god I was tress passing on your property and wrecked my own drunk redneck ass on my ATV because your clothesline is hard to see! Gimme money" some it's like "Lol you're retarded GG faggit no money"
>>
>>17414190
Any idea how it is in Missouri?
>>
>>17414199
Google "Property at fault laws in Missouri" or some shit. Kinda like stand your ground laws. In some states you can blast any mother fucker that sets foot on your shit, and sometimes even your neighbors shit.

In some states you have to wait until the intruder is finished raping your daughter before shooting him lightly on the forearm and then you only get 6 months. Also Europe.
>>
>>17414185
Sounds like the whole lot of yah are fucking idiots and you should never host a shooting party. I've never even heard of shit like that. Yall all got what you deserved.
>>
>>17414257
>Yah
>Yall
Okay Chris-chan
>>
>>17414185
> He was shooting at metal target and the bullets were ricocheting off and hitting others (no penetration, just hitting people and leaving bruises and cuts).

Sound like bullshit. A ricocheting bullet isn't something that you just laugh off.
>>
>>17414185

>He was shooting at metal target and the bullets were ricocheting off and hitting others (no penetration, just hitting people and leaving bruises and cuts).

>Dad told him to stop shooting at it but he didnt listen, and he finally ended up shooting himself in the arm.

What a fucking idiot.

I don't know, man. It sounds like it's entirely his fault, but the law isn't always the same thing as justice. I would suggest that your family speaks with a lawyer and figures out what your risks/options are.

Try to gauge whether or not the kid's actually serious about taking them to court. If he's over 18, then it's up to him, not his "relative" who's freaking out and making threats. Some people just ALWAYS have their eyes open for a way to grab a bunch of money without working for it, and the "relative" sounds like one of those.
>>
>>17414185
>My family hosted a shooting party yesterday

why
>>
File: 1454087540772.jpg (104KB, 639x959px) Image search: [Google]
1454087540772.jpg
104KB, 639x959px
Is this what life in america is like?
>>
>>17414467
probably a few generations of incest
>>
File: 1469071060332.png (133KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1469071060332.png
133KB, 1100x1100px
>the bullets were ricocheting off and hitting others (no penetration, just hitting people and leaving bruises and cuts).
This in and of itself seems doubtful, but the fact you guys didn't put a hard stop to the shooting the moment this happened makes me suspect this is just a bunch of bullshit.

>>17414525
You guys seem butthurt. It's not just the south that enjoys the second amendment you know.
>>
You say kid, how old is he? Under 18 and over 18 make a huge difference in the eyes of the law
>>
Daily reminder our funs are the only thing standing between keeping the rest of our rights and being assraped by the overwhelming amount of corruption within our federal government and certain other countries' govs. When there's a push to disarm the population and it's being pushed this fucking hard and from so many different angles, it's not done with the good of the people in mind. Protect your rights folks.
>>
>>17414185
The bullets were doing... what now? Was the target shaped like a parabolic mirror or something? Or a cylinder? Were people standing on either side (ie retarded)?

Not even rubber bullets, which are designed to be ricocheted off the ground, behave this way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.