[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend has Anorexia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (126KB, 718x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 718x628px
I've recently discovered that my Girlfriend has Anorexia.

She says she doesn't want help at the moment, which I'm trying to respect. But, it drives me nuts that she's trying to lose more weight when she's already healthy.

I don't think it would be wise to force her to get professional help, because she doesn't want it, I'm just worried and it's quite depressing that I'm unable to help.

What do I do? Is there anything I can do to help her through this?
>>
She really needs professional help. It's not something ahea just going to stop doing one day, and she will get fucking sick.
>>
>>17412695

This.

It's her denial that's kicking in and saying "I don't need help."

She needs help before she loses more weight and gets sick but then says "No, I want it."

Just because you acknowledge your sickness doesn't mean that you're right to resist treatment, and I'm sure that she's rationalizing it or has been since day one.

I don't know how to help you anon, but you need to act on that fast. Help her, even if that means that you sleep.
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 640x463px
>>17412976

Self correction: ...before she loses more weight, gets sick and then still says, "No, I don't want/need treatment."

[I have no idea how I typed "sleep" instead of "break up"]
>>
>I respect the decisions of people with mental disorders to not get professional help

Were you hit in the head as a child?
>>
>>17412976
She did go to a therapist about it once, but said they didn't help. I think the reason it didn't help her is because she didn't want help in the first place.

Don't you think to receive effective help, you have to want it first?

I'd like her to want help first, or else it won't be effective. She's said that her mother forced her to go to therapy, but it was useless (Which is because I'm assuming she didn't want help)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.