/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The concept of revenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Unreal2015.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal2015.png
2MB, 1600x900px
I am enamored by revenge /adv/. Its concept is truly a powerful thing. What I wonder though.. is it ever really worth it? I will admit, I am a particularly bitter person. I hate seeing people have fun. I hate seeing people get handed shit that they take for granted.

I hate seeing people live their life with shit that was handed to them. I hate seeing people who don't know suffering complain about suffering. They don't even know the beginning of it.

Where does all this bitterness come from? The world tells me not to be bitter or vengeful but how can I not be? Bitterness feels like the only thing keeping me alive sometimes.

After the world has battered you for so long, how could ANYONE with the remote will to live say "Okay world, you can just beat on me until I die, I don't mind."

HOW!? People say shit all the time on here like "LIFE IS NOT FAIR!" Well, I understand that its not fair but why would I just accept that and do nothing about it?

After thinking about this, I am convinced that people aren't born bitter, or monsters or vengeful. They BECOME vengeful. Plain and simple. This world does strange things to people. What is the answer to this mess?

Life isn't fair obviously but why just roll over and die? Vengeance is calling.
>>
Yeah. 100% agree.

And some people say the best revenge is living well.

So ... yeah.
>>
>>17411927
Don't shoot up another damn school, OP. We really don't need that shit.
>>
>>17411927
What kind of vengeance are you talking about, and against whom?
>>
it's not revenge if you just do random shit to people for insane reasons, that's just being a crazy person.
>>
>>17411932

thats not even what I am suggesting. What I was getting at is what if you only really know bitterness or revenge? I would love to stop being a bitter person but no matter what I do, I get caught into some weird life lock where I can't do anything. For example, I probably won't be able to have my own place, car or even a girlfriend until I am 30.

I am not financially stable which means that the things I am supposed to experience in my 20's, I can't. I probably won't have the stability until my late 20's or around 30. Unless I hit the lotto or something which won't happen because I don't buy lotto tickets.

Yet, I see other people my age living life, getting married, traveling, going on vacations. Yet I am doomed until age 30 or so. That would leave anyone bitter. I am deeply bothered when people tell me to stop being bitter because they make it sound like you just "will" yourself to stop being bitter.

No one actively wants to be bitter. Something MAKES a person bitter which no one understands.

Similar to mental illness. People think someone with schizophrenia can just "will" themselves to stop hearing or seeing shit. Doesn't work like that.
>>
Revenge isn't worth it because everything decays, rots or otherwise fades away. Time erodes all things to less than dust and no one keeps anything, no one gains anything. Life is about the experiences one goes through and feels. If all things erode a man's soul, why not help it find rest? We are all children of the things that came before us for billions of years - results of infinite possibilities unfolded. There is a sanctity and divinity of life thay is not yet understood by man to even have the chance to experience things at all. Personally I find it makes much more sense to help those around me find peace and happiness, even,and maybe even especially, those who cause me grief and pain. Those small sufferings are the sting of life, yet that sting is what gives life its spice. Take not revenge on the petty goings of mortal affairs - take revenge on nature itself,and no show the universe that not all things hasten death; show nature that there are springs of kindness, and that you are the well that channels it into being.
>>
>>17411959
Schizophrenia and saltiness are two different things, man.

Why don't you just join the military? You'll get out and see the world.

Failing that, why don't you try to get into a decent career or better yourself with education?
>>
>>17411959
OP, I was in the same situation as you. And fuck, I still get bitter sometimes when I hear some people being completely ungrateful at the advantages they had in life.

But fuck you if you think you haven't had some advantages. I'm assuming you grew up in a western country which already makes you one of the richest dudes on the planet when you think on the global scale.

tl;dr there are a ton of people who had it way worse than you. You're a hypocrite.
>>
File: tides.png (2MB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
tides.png
2MB, 1536x1152px
>>17411973

I have a education and a decent job. Problem is I don't have any parental support. Everyone I know who is my age and has their parents alive are like leagues ahead of me in life. Everyone I know without their parents or who have shit parents are about where I am at.

Its crazy when you think about it. I know one girl who is like 25 and her dad still pays for her car insurance. She doesn't even know how much it is or how much her car costs a month.

Its crazy how much having parents can set you up to do well in life and its crazy how hard you can fall without parental backup. The concept of capital and trickling down is profound.

My family is small and scattered. I know people with families who are quite large. Every kid has a car that belonged to a older sibling or something. Parents have ancestral homes that kids can go live in once they get older and then get their own place.

Its actually kind of infuriating but I try not to think about it.

The world really isn't built for people with no family or parents. The whole concept of co-signers is a testament to that. What if you have no family? How could you ever get a loan or something if you need a cosigner?
>>
>>17411994
Who pays your rent? If you don't have any familial support, how is it that you're not living in your own place?
>>
I live with a room mate and we split. I barely know the guy though but he is decent. He leaves my stuff alone and I leave his stuff alone.
>>
>>17412009
So you have your own place, but you have a roommate like basically every other 20-something.
>>
>>17411994
So what? One day you're going to realise, it's not where you come from, it's where you get to.

Why compare yourself to them?

OP I grew up without a dad, and my mom is batshit crazy. I spent most of my childhood taking care of her instead of actually getting raised like a normal kid. And you know what that taught me? Self-reliance, discipline, and motivation. If I taught myself most of what I know, then I can face anything.

When I went to college I got way better grades than most of the "rich kids" around me. Why? Because it actually meant something to me.

It's easy to say that you'd be better off with your current personality, and their advantages, but you don't realise that it's not necessarily possible to have all the advantages and still end up the same person.
>>
>>17411927
>'Vengeance is calling'
>Vengeance = hurting people who did nothing to me but were born rich so it hurts my feelings
you're not doing too well in high school, are ya kiddo?
>>
So from what I'm gathering, you're a 20-something living in a western democracy with a decent job, your own place, and an education.

And you want to strike back against people who take vacations. Is that it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.