[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brother Died from a Heroin Overdose, Can't Attend the Funeral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1457658106723.jpg (44KB, 384x199px) Image search: [Google]
1457658106723.jpg
44KB, 384x199px
My younger brother died this week from a heroin overdose. I felt relieved that he died as he was addicted to heroin for the last 4 years. I grew apart from him due to his addiction while I graduated from college and enjoy a wonderful career so I wasn't surprised he died.

I received the call from Mom who was sobbing on the other line. I told her that he was a junkie and deserved to die from a heroin overdose. I also criticized why my Mom and Dad could have helped him more. She became angry and complained that I only cared for myself. She told me not to attend the funeral on Monday and promptly hung up. I tried calling back Mom, but to no avail. I called my Dad and he said not to come either.

I know where the funeral will be located and the time of the memorial service on Monday. Should I still go to it?
>>
>>17411130
You truly sound like an asshole
>>
Jesus Christ, your mother was mourning and suffering and you made it about yourself. You're a fucking dick.

No, don't go. It sounds like you didn't value his life, so it doesn't sound like you will value his death.
>>
>>17411130
>tell mom that recently deceased bro was junkie scum and deserved to die
>mom and dad get pissed
>waaaah i can't attend the funeral now

this is you, op
stop being a faggot
if you're gonna talk shit about your own brother the day you find out he died, why the fuck do you even want to go to the funeral anyway
>>
>>17411130
No, you dense motherfucker. Stay at home.

Your mom's fucking right. You are an asshole, and you do only care for yourself. Do some soul searching or something. Shit.
>>
Why SHOULD you go to the funeral if you feel that way about him and have that much disregard for how your parents are feeling?
>>
Well OP, you're 0-5. What do you have to say for yourself?
>>
Go to the funeral. He was your brother after all. Not going will strain your relations with your parents further.
But just in case you didnt know already : your behavior is socially unacceptable. Your parents have every right to be mad on you.
Even if your brother did make mistakes, you just had no right to treat him like that. What did you do to help him so you can blame your parents like that ?
>>
>>17411160
>What did you do to help him so you can blame your parents like that ?

He took money from me and my parents defended him. I suggested they kicked him out of the house and call the police. They didn't. I called the police. Police didn't do anything for me because he was addicted and not distributing drugs.
>>
>>17411178
You think kicking him out of the house would have helped him more?

Rather than taking money from you, he might have stabbed somebody for it.

Your parents actually cared enough for him to keep him off the streets and in with a group of people who supported him, to be honest. I'm sorry he died anyway, but it sounds like you're just feeling petty over him stealing some money.
>>
I understand your feelings on the matter, but it wasn't the right time to say them. I'd apologize to your mom anon.
>>
>>17411194
Yep.

The time your mom called you wasn't the right time to air your grievances about your brother. You fucked up hard, and unless you apologize to your parents and seriously do better and do right, you've ostracized yourself from your parents.
>>
>>17411188
Not OP, but there is a fine line between helping and enabling. At that point, helping would be to get a junkie into rehab. Ignoring the problem is simply enabling the junkie.

OP is a fucking moron and a raging asshole, but he is right. You have to be harsh and firm as well as caring to help a junkie. Kicking him out wouldn't help, sure, but letting him stay without consequences is a fucking retarded idea.
>>
>he was a junkie and deserved to die from a heroin overdose
kek thats funny. MAYBE it was a bad idea to say that, MAYBE. my older cousin an herod and i didnt give any fucks and kept a fairly cheery unaffected attitude about and it got the point across without having to deal with any bullshit. anyways heres what you gotta do while youre still hot. tell your fuckhead parents this "look fuckheads, i went to college and have a career while this loser was a burden on society and you chose him over me? you better get your shit together if want me to pay for that hawaii (holy shit dont actually buy them one though just make them think you will)" and threaten to make their lives hell in retirement. good luck op
>>
>>17411130
No, if there's nothing worth remembering, why bother?

Family doesn't mean you're obligated to him,
especially someone like that.
>>
Your an asshole OP, that is not how you handle situations. Fucking kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>17411178
Wow, you ARE a fucking asshole, man.
>>
OP is an immature, insensitive, self-righteous know-nothing who thinks his petty worldly "success" gives him a right to disparage his deceased younger brother and criticize his parents.

Addiction is not something people choose, it takes over like a malignant disease. Your brother probably stole from you with a full on guilty conscience, knowing it was wrong, yet overwhelmed by his addiction to do it anyway.

He was probably a better person than you. Maybe you can learn something from him. Don't go to the funeral if you're going to say some mean shit or upset people. You'll tarnish their memory of saying goodbye to their son, the one who wasn't an asshole, only someone who got caught up in the evil effects of drug addiction.
>>
At this point, I can only hope this is a made up situation
>>
>>17411801
>addiction is a disease

That isn't the issue here. The issue is that his brother made the choices leading to the addiction, and then after fucking up royally, received no help and acted like a piece of shit as a result.

Stop making excuses to paint OP as evil, because he has every right to feel that way. He is still an asshole for being so blunt about it to his grieving parents, but he isn't the one who handheld a druggy.
>>
>>17411801
Wow you are a moron. Ops heroin addict brother is a better person? I think you must be high.
>>
Yeah you're pretty fucking awful. But I'd still show up to the funeral and apologize to your parents. If they don't accept it then you probably don't deserve loving parents anyway.
>>
>>17411801
Op is an asshow yeah, but addiction isn't something people choose.
>>
>>17411978
Of course it is. Should I do heroin knowing it's addictive as fuck? Yes, what a great idea, I'm sure it'll work out fine.
>>
you do only care about yourself though. you're a successful adult, why are you talking to or thinking about anyone in your family more than is absolutely necessary?
>>
>>17411990
Peer pressure is pretty powerful. You would know if you had friends you basement dweller. The dude could have been smoking weed that was laced with something.
>>
>>17411997
Peer pressure is literally the worst copout excuse on the planet. "Oh, this person can't think for themselves, they aren't to blame because Dave said it was a good idea!"

Well guess what, Dave is a fucking idiot and copying him is a terrible idea, and if you choose to do what he tells you to do, thats still your fault. If they don't trick you or physically hold you down and force it on you, then you have to own up to the consequences.
>>
>>17412038
>then you have to own up to the consequences.
the consequences being that your asshole brother will yell at your mom?
>>
>>17412066
The consequences in this case would be the addiction itself.

Everything else is caused by the actions while addicted, which isn't quite the same.

OP's brother, at some point, made a decision that lead directly to addiction. No-one gave him the proper help he needed, and as a result of the addiction (which he caused himself) he ended up dying.

There is no defending the actions of any of them. Not the drug addict, not the enablers, and not the asshat who decided to call his dipshit enabling parents out.

They are all idiots.
>>
>>17411997
Haha I have plenty of friends, and never did things just because people told me to. I also didn't choose useless piece of shit junkies as friends you dumb fuck.
>>
>>17412066
The consequences are that you become a useless blight on society, and eventually make your family hate you, and then kill yourself.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.