[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 25 and you never learned to be great at anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1463020370080.jpg (15KB, 526x411px) Image search: [Google]
1463020370080.jpg
15KB, 526x411px
>tfw 25 and you never learned to be great at anything
>>
>>17410913
You're only 25. Why are you wasting your time?

Learn how to be great at something.
>>
>>17410913
Can't change the past, but you can control your future
>>
Im 31 and never learned to be great at anything. But I have found if you apply your best effort at something you will get results. I was a sorry ass business student and I went into engineering school and studied my ass off and made the deans list then I tried to shortcut calculus by taking it in the summer and got burned. There are no shortcuts and no half assing things when you want to be great at something only your full attention and effort will work.
>>
>>17411264
Don't bump when you have answers!! If you want to be great at something, actually devote some time to doing it.
>>
File: taxi-driver-poster-1.jpg (242KB, 680x1037px) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-poster-1.jpg
242KB, 680x1037px
>>17410913
I'd settle to be mediocre or even passable at anything. In a few weeks I'm going to be 27 and still working in a dead end job, still struggling to participate in regular society.
>>
>>17411341
What are you doing to be mediocre or passable at anything?

It's not just going to happen.
>>
>>17410913

start now and you might be great by 30
>>
>>17411341
What's the job?
>>
>>17411346
Hey thanks just what I want to get great at something by the time I'm an old man appreciate the advice
>>
>>17410913
All you need is 30 mins of practice a day to get good at something. Beyond that, your mental fatigue limits your learning ability.
From there, it's roughly 10,000 hrs to master something.
Pick something you think you'd like.
Don't rush, enjoy learning at a leisurely pace.

I've nearly literally fapped away my teenage years and a good part of my 20's but made up for it with roughly 5 years of working various jobs and getting experience. I'm 30, and a private school teacher now.
You just need to get started, anon.
>>
>>17411771

>30 is an old man

top kek. also better than never being great at anything, age is arbitrary for success.

also

>doesnt bother getting great at anything
>is mad that people dont have magic advice to fix it for him

jesus grow up
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (9KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
9KB, 320x180px
>>
side note: being really great at something does not mean you will be/are successful.

most people are not the best at anything, just because your not an Olympic class runner doesn't mean you shouldn't run.

There's a variety of reasons to do things, just find something you like and it matters way less whether your the best.
>>
>>17411477
Supermarket wageslave.
>>
>>17410913
Now, honeychile, you just go out there and be the best darned mediocrity around1
>>
>>17412290
It is sort of. Lot of creative fields consider it too old and do not acknowledge or employ starters that old.
>>
>>17413745
The gatekeepers of creative fields don't acknowledge anyone that doesn't suck their dick.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.