[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could be buying a used car soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: souls3.jpg (648KB, 3364x2480px) Image search: [Google]
souls3.jpg
648KB, 3364x2480px
I am a bit worried /adv/. I just don't know what to expect. Its a good used car, my biggest worry is test driving it and payment options. I have really good credit and the car is 7000 dollars total. I can put 3500 dollars down now. Is this a good plan? I wanted to try and finance the rest.

That test drive though.. The lot is right on the edge of a busy street and I am also horrible at backing up and getting use to new cars. I have only driven 3 times in the last month. I don't want to look unskilled or like a fucking pleb even though I am 23 and before this month, I had not driven in about 5 years. I remember most things now but I suck at backing up and backing into parking spaces and parallel parking.

I am scared boys. What can I expect about buying a car? Just how hard is it, how much paper work? How long should the whole ordeal take? I am super scared about that test drive. I don't want to look like a non-driver.
>>
My advice would be to take it to a mechanic before buying.
>>
>>17411045
This. Plus don't worry if you look like a bit of a klutz, if you haven't been driving regularly that'll happen. The salesman wont say shit, he doesn't care what happens as long as he can sell you a car.
>>
>>17411072
>>17411045

I am getting the car from a toyota dealership. They said you can't take it to a mechanic before buying. However, their own onsite mechanic repairs the toyota cars before they put them on the lot.
>>
>>17411232
Yeah nah, I'm a mechanic, don't trust their own mechanics. What strange country are you in that they don't let people have cars checked over by an independent mechanic? We get it all he time.
>>
>>17411241
>don't trust their own mechanics
You know that their mechanic has just as much obligation to do their job properly as any other mechanic, right?
>>
>>17410843
Year?
Mileage?
Make?
Model?
Carfax?
Check car Vin for repair history?
Salvage title?
When were the breaks last worked on
When was the engine last serviced?
When was the head gasket seal last inspected?
Is the ac evaporation duct clear and clean?
Do all the lights work?
When we're they last replaced?

Ask all these things. When you drive it, do so with the radio off. Tell the sales guy to shUT the fuck up. Listen to the entire car. Acceleration. Deceleration. Listen for noises when you take a corner. Noises can tell you a lot.
>>
>>17411250
You know that dealerships don't actually check and fix everything on cars they're selling right? I know guys that worked at dealerships, they get told to bodge things up as cheaply as possible. I've checked out cars that had a full "dealership mechanical check" that were pieces of shit.
>>
>>17411347
Why would they buy or sell a car that was a piece of shit in the first place, if it'll come back to bite them in the ass when something goes wrong?
>>
>>17411354
Because they make money. Cars come with aftermarket warrantys (which the buyer also pays for), so the dealer doesn't pay for any repairs.
>>
I just don't understand how you can take a car to a independent mechanic BEFORE you buy it. Makes no sense. How does that even work?

What if your indie mechanic fucks it up? Then what? Or do people typically buy the car and then take it to a mechanic and then if its shit, they bring it back?
>>
>>17411814
Wat
>>
>>17411822

what? People are making it sound like you can bring a car to a mechanic BEFORE you buy it. For exmaple, I am buying this used car from a toyota dealership. How are they going to let me take this car to another mechanic?
>>
>>17411857
They would let you take it on a test drive. It's the same thing. I've had dealers offer to let me have a car overnight or over the weekend. How would the mechanic possibly fuck something up? They are simply looking at it.

Do whatever you want mate, people do this shit all the time and don't have issues.
>>
>>17411814
The same thing that would happen if you crash during a test drive. Either your insurance or theirs will cover it and that's it.
>>
>>17411929

Is it possible to have insurance BEFORE you have a car? Like I own no car right now. How would I have insurance?
>>
>>17411933
Might want to work on that. Not sure about your state but mine requires proof of insurance before you can register your vehicle.
>>
I don't recommend spending $7000 on your first car. The 3500 you have now is more than enough to get a very decent used car.
>>
>>17411964

3500 hundred is NOT nearly enough. Anything you get with that amount will be a shit box for sure. A decent used car has like 50-80k miles on it.

A 3500 dollar used car probably has closer to 200k and has not be maintained well.

Fuck you.
>>
>>17411971
Are you fucking stupid or just sheltered?

A.) Mileage means nothing.
B.) $3500 will buy you tons of good cars. Go check out the sticky on /o/
C.) Post your local Craigslist or city so I can roast the fuck out of you and post specifics you mongoloid.
>>
>>17411991
>A.) Mileage means nothing.
It does mean something. It tells you if the timing belt on your interference engine will snap brick it.
>>
OP, I just purchased a used car a week ago, very similar situation. 2013 Nissan Sentra SR, $12,888, $1,999 extended warranty, put down $2,500 cash, financed the rest. My credit union gave me their best rate since I'd been with them for years, no problem.

$3,500 on a $7,000 with excellent credit is super doable
>>
>>17412112
>2016
>paying $13,000+ for a 2013 nissan sentra instead of just getting a current year nissan versa
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.