[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some opinions on this shit, because I've been pondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I need some opinions on this shit, because I've been pondering about it for a while now.

So, most people work around 40h a day.
On weekdays, they'll mostly do not much else.
Weekends and holidays are relaxing and great, but having ~5 days a week just sitting there and doing some shit just to get money seems stupid as fuck.
Like, why the hell do so many people sucker up for this shit?

I'm seriously considering if it's worth living while doing boring stuff every day for at least fucking 30 years.
Like, what the fuck. Isn't this crazy?
>>
A day has 24 hours honey
>>
Consider this: some people's jobs involve variety and they actually like their jobs
Also consider this: getting up and doing something pays a whole lot more and is more rewarding than sitting on your ass all day and watching dickgirls
>>
>>17410787
>Like, why the hell do so many people sucker up for this shit?
Because they have to live.

Also, a lot of people find meaning and fulfillment in their work. If you don't want to work in a cubicle for X company, there are plenty of jobs that are directly important to society.

Find a social cause that interests you, and pursue a way to contribute to it for a living.
>>
Because people can compartmentalize their lives. Work doesn't define them.

Jesus, fuck, you cannot be this dense.
>>
>>17410787
>Like, what the fuck. Isn't this crazy?
I feel the same way you do OP. I would rather kill myself than be a wage slave just stumbling from shitty job to shitty job over the decades. If you're looking to get a job you actually enjoy then I suggest going to school. Anything in specific you want to do with your life?
>>
Only you can decide whether it's worth it or not. Ask yourself what you're going to do with all that free time if you don't get a job. Are you going to be working towards a goal? Having fun? Travelling?

If you're not going to work, don't sit around doing nothing. Have a clear reason for it, and stick to whatever it is you're doing. You also have to think about it from a financial perspective rather than just "I want to do something fun with my life". Realise that if you are not generating your own income, you'll probably start leeching off family and friends and they won't appreciate it.

tl;dr have a plan.
>>
>>17410787

most people do it cuz they have to live. other people find a sense of fulfillment or even enjoyment form their jobs.

i do, but to be fair i went in on friday, talked to my boss about roller coastes and water slides, went out for lunch then spent the rest of the day burning CDs while giving advice on 4chan.
>>
>>17410787
Find a career that you enjoy. I liked cooking, so I became a cook. A good one, who enjoys his work, isn't a slob, and has fun while still being professional about his work.

>tl;dr find a job you like
>>
>>17410787
>some people actually enjoy their jobs
>what the fuck else is there to do?
>it's not crazy at all, this is without a doubt the coziest, safest existence humans have ever experienced
>>
>>17410813

That's even worse. Then work is just some bullshit you have to do that takes shittons of time away from your actual life.
>>
>>17411186
your actual life here being what?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.