[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kind of fucked up by waiting too long to ask her out. I am 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Kind of fucked up by waiting too long to ask her out.
I am 23 and she is 25, I met her a while back and once I got to know her I never liked anyone as much as her.
Recently I found out that she just started dating someone for about a month, I felt regret not asking her out before, I think I had a chance but pussied out.
I am planing to ask her in about a week if she is still dating the guy, and if she is, then ask if she considers him her boyfriend. If she asks why, I was planning to tell her I want to date her and that I like her for a long time and regret not asking her out earlier.
I would like to know if this is a bad choice and if there is a different approach? I really want her know know.
>>
What the fuck are you hoping to get out of this? Heartbreak?
>>
>>17410646
I am not sure how serious she is with the guy she is dating. I would like to date her.
I think this might be her first time dating and I never dated before.
I would imagine if she doesnt ask why I am asking then she would be indicated that she is not interested.
>>
>Kind of fucked up by waiting too long to ask her out.

Yes you did so learn from your mistakes and move on.
>>
>>17410666
If she says she does not consider him her boyfriend. Would it be bad to indicate that I am interested?
>>
You're an idiot and this is going to end really badly. I would tell you to man up and realize you lost your shot, but obviously since you're too much of a pussy to even take action for such a long time concerning a girl you liked then there's no way in hell you're going to man up to your mistakes now.

Enjoy a life of failure.
>>
>>17410676
Ok, I wont indicate that I am interested, yeah I am a fuck up, I fuck up a lot of shit.
>>
>>17410670

She probably knew that you liked her but you just took too long so she picked the other dude. Women know this kind of stuff most of the time.
>>
>>17410676
I am not mad, thanks.
>>
>>17410610
I think if you are prepared to take no for an answer and give her a way to easily reject you, it's good to express your interest. You don't know how serious she is, or how this will be received. Something like, "I heard you are seeing someone, how is that going?" and judging what to do next based on her response isn't rude or creepy. In the case that she says "Yeah, and it's going so great!" you are sure you can pretend to be politely happy for her then you should go for it! If she says "yeah, it's pretty casual, I'm not sure where it's going" then you should directly ask her out while giving her an explicit chance to say no - like "I'm not sure what your situation is so feel free to say no, but if you're interested I'd like to take you out" or whatever. Giving her the out makes her feel safe and the whole thing slightly less awkward.

But yeah, next time ask her out sooner!
>>
>>17410610
you snooze you lose

she's already fucking this guy, it's way too late
>>
>>17410704
>>17410683
Here the thing,
We both are in and passionate about our field of study (Comp Sci related), we both really like languages, we both sometimes speak with each other in a diffrent languages, I have a background in said language. She indicated that the guy is Indian, we both made jokes about Indians (the usual) before.
From what I gather we both come from a pretty white religious household where most family members marry young. Even joked about marrying her (she hates my last name, it is a slang work in a diff language she studied, also my nickname lol), we are both INTJ retards, the list goes on and on.
>>
>>17410716
so what. she is dating the guy she wanted to date right now. if that person was you she would have let you know
>>
Well, you should just do whatever you feel. At this point theres not much you can lose by trying what you suggested, but i wouldnt hold my breath eaither. You can try it but i would go with low expectations of course.

And try not to break your friendship with her either.
>>
>>17410610
I was in the same dilemma this week. Turns out I pussied out. The only difference is that the girl in question is in a relationship for a year, so kinda sure if i gave a try it would fail. Usually my mind tells me 'don't do it' in these kinds of situations. But eh, maybe you got nothing to lose by doing it.
>>
>>17410840
if you still here, it worked out for you?
>>
>>17410870
Well, I kind of managed to suppress my feelings at least for the time being. Some feels of regret still inside, because who knows what could have happened, right? But not much regret because I think it would come out somewhat unnaturally so chance of failure would be high, I think.

I'm pretty sure these feelings will reemerge the next times I meet her tho.
>>
>>17410921
>Turns out I pussied out
Oh seems like you were implying now you are with her and that you if fact you did pussy out before.
>>
>>17410921
Same anon responding to my own post. What I truly regret is not being able to talk to her normally without these thoughts in mind. Sometimes I think I'm not very talkative to her because of this. I don't think she's too happy about it.
>>
>>17410936
Ah no, she's still with someone else. Though sometimes I feel that she's not very happy with him either. But my mind also likes to play tricks on me.
>>
>>17410946
Well, a year is a long time to be in a relationship. I dont know how well you are connected with her and friends. Do you know if friends would have any say?
>>
>>17411002
>a year is a long time to be in a relationship.
No it isn't...?
>>
>>17411004
Well, you know than me, I dono why why im giving advice, dont listen to me.
>>
>>17411019
I'm not the person you were replying to, I just happened to notice what you said
>>
>>17411002
I'm friends with her closest friend. That is a position that could give me advantage in the future :p. I may try to somehow casually ask her sometime, given the chance, just have to try my best not to fuck it up.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.