[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADD medication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: 1460718530016.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460718530016.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
I have serious attention problems, as in I can't even read at all, it's gotten so bad I can't do anything and it has really put on hold anything I want to do to better my life. Recently I got diagnosed with Asperger and apparently Attention Deficit is something that comes with it to some people.
I've tried behavioral therapy before to no effect and before killing myself I want to give medication a try.

What are the pros and cons of ritalin, adderal and other related stimulants used for the treatment of attention deficit disorders? What are the side-effects? Apart of my attention deficit I also have a serious insomnia problem at night, this being some sort of stimulants, would this medication make it worse? Or would it actually help? Being that generally my sleeping problem is because my mind simply starts wandering on about absolutely anything until the morning.

Are there food one needs to avoid while taking this medication? An specific diet one needs to follow? Also, what are the long term hazards that could do to your body the long term use of medication? You know liver problems and things like that and what can one do to prevent them?
Finally, my only experience with medication before was 2 years of taking quetiapine and xanax for depression and it actually didn't do much for me, since then I have skeptic to the whole thing till now, mostly because my doctor was incompetent and instead of trying something different when quetiapine wasn't working, he would increase or decrease the dose, and while I understand this is standard procedure it did nothing for me.
Anyway before looking for a shrink to get prescribed, I would like to knows second opinions, thanks.
>>
File: 6a1a3b842455dea51e1c5aa4e6cdc0c0.png (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6a1a3b842455dea51e1c5aa4e6cdc0c0.png
466KB, 1280x720px
>>17410494
>since then I have
*I was skeptic
Oh crap I'm sorry. I'm a spic and sometimes I commit stupid mistakes like this when typing fast.
>>
I've been taking adderall for close to four months now. I've used two different types. One is a longer lasting type that keeps you focused for about 6-8 hours. The other one lasts about 4-6 hours but packs a bigger punch. This one is great for when you have something you need to get done (ex: cleaning your room). Though I've experienced some anxiety on a few occasions. This one makes me a bit more intense. And noticeably blunt with people.
Adderall is an ampethamine. So it will make it hard to go to sleep for the first few hours after taking it.
The only long term side effects from Adderall are generally found in people who abuse it I'd imagine. I'm thirsty as hell when I'm on it (I usually drink about 3 or 4 bottles of water when I'm on the short term) but I normally won't be hungry for at least 6-8 hours after I take it. Occasionally I may feel hungry but I might not have a desire to eat until up to 12 hours after I've taken the medication. I'm a decently overweight so I can skip a meal. That might not be the same for you.
That anxiety I had before came from inactivity. If you're in school this may be a problem but even reading something online or talking to someone can ease that anxiety (if you were to experience it).
Keep in mind that drugs affect everyone differently. Some of the side effects may be ten times worse, some could be much less severe.
Also if you suffer from aspergers, adderall could make it worse as you might find yourself a bit more irritable and blunt with people than usual.
I personally prefer the short term but it's side effects are more severe.
Hope this helps.
>>
File: 1464387943463.jpg (126KB, 1281x714px) Image search: [Google]
1464387943463.jpg
126KB, 1281x714px
>>17410789
Having asperger, I'm naturally anxious around people and have selective mutism when meeting new people or talking in front of crowds, would the medicine make this condition worse then? I imagine the shrink will know what to do though. if I show him the papers from my tests and diagnosis.

Sadly I don't know where to get a good doctor, in my third world shithole psychiatry is so behind specially in shit like autism and ADHD.
By the way thank you for your reply.
>>
File: 1466110431746.png (364KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466110431746.png
364KB, 650x750px
Bump!
>>
I've been using Vyvanse for years and it normally gets me though 12 hours. The only downside is that it huts you hard demurring the first week or so and I felt like a zombie.

My only real concern is that I was prescribed it for ADHD over 6 years ago, and late last year I started seeing ads for it as a way to help with eating addiction.
>>
File: 1465158207631.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1465158207631.png
209KB, 510x346px
>>17411680
What do you mean with demurring? And I wouldnt like to feel like a zombie.
Will it make my anxiety with people worse like the other poster said? That"s another thing I want to treat.
>>
File: 1453088659402.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453088659402.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Alright, lets try again, BUMP.
Lets see how night time /adv/ is.
>>
Got diagnosed with ADD when I was 24, so last year. Tried Vyvanse to no effect, in fact I tried probably 5 medications all with terrible side effects and no appreciable change. Gave up and went overseas, but I'm back now. Doctor told me last year there are precisely 3 drugs left for me to try before psychotheraphy (which I don't believe in) is the only thing left: Ritalin, Adderal, and some other drug I forget the name of. I really should go try those.

But I worry. If those other drugs did not help with my ADD, what if I don't actually have ADD and instead am just super lazy like I always thought?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.