[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever got back with an ex successfully Can it work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Has anyone ever got back with an ex successfully
Can it work
>>
Never done it myself and in general it's a shitty idea. Once in a blue moon it can work but probably not.
>>
Depends on what you guys broke up for, got back together with an ex and we stayed together for another year but the second we started having problems that a couple should have been able to work through she cheated on me and dumped me
>>
>>17410089
She had massive insecurities and didn't think I loved her, said she was unappreciated and taken for granted, left for one of her male friends who was in love with her to worship her

Don't know what she does now.been missing her an absolute load lately
>>
Bump, i wanna know too
>>
>>17410098
She left you, the chances are slim. Just say fuck it. Plus going back to a female that left you is a betamax move don't be that guy.
>>
>>17410126
What if your a girl trying to get back with your guy ex?
>>
Currently in the same boat. Ex broke up with me two months ago, might have a rebound.

I read that it's actually not all that uncommon to get back together if the breakup wasn't too bad (intense fighting etc) and you play your cards right.

Hang in there, anon. But for the time being, focus on yourself more than anything else.
>>
No, you broke up for a reason. The reason will manifest itself again so just move on.
>>
File: 1429296873285.jpg (81KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429296873285.jpg
81KB, 360x480px
>>17410089
This is such an issue with modern relationships. Instead of working through problems when things begin to get difficult, one or both people just call it quits. No one fucking TRIES anymore.
>>
>>17410199

This so much. Communication is the key to success. I don't get people like >>17410188
>>
>>17410207
>I don't get people

Probably the ass burgers.
>>
>>17410098
Don't do it, they'll have an even lower tolerance for you than before, the second you don't do exactly what they want and don't treat them exactly how they want to be they won't be willing to work with you on anything
>>
>>17410199
I didn't call it quits for the record, I was doing everything I could to try and fix it, I was willing to work through everything, she didn't care and was already done with me after 3 years together because we had one bad month
>>
>>17410075
She tried to do better and now settles with you.
>>
>>17410232
That's why I said one or both. I was referring to her giving up.
>>
>>17410245
Oh sorry, read it wrong
>>
>>17410232

Then maybe the problems run deeper than you are aware. No sane girl would just quit after "one bad month".

That being said, what exactly did you do to win her back? Did you beg her? Spam her with messages and calls?

Are you in contact right now?
>>
>>17410248
She said I wasn't giving her the attention she deserved, I had a really bad start to the month and was pretty low
On the nights we talked about it, I said how I realized my mistake, I apologized for making her feel so unwanted and unloved, I said how I am willing to put in all the effort I can possibly manage to try and work things out
Turns out she was getting the attention she wanted from some guy she had been talking to for literally a few days while I was having my problems
>>
>>17410274

Cut off contact for a few weeks. See what happens.

She might have the "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. If everything was great before the sudden breakup, she might come back to you, realizing her mistake.
>>
>>17410312
I don't think I want her back after what she did to me
She is having a grass is greener moment, I hope she finds out that it isn't greener and that she made a big mistake and ruined a great 3 year relationship
>>
>>17410323

>she made a big mistake and ruined a great 3 year relationship

Bad mentality to have man.. here's a better one.

>People are free to do whatever they want. If they want to be with you fine, if you want to be with them fine, but there has to be a near equal effort from both sides to have a healthy relationship.
>>
>>17410199
Here's the thing anon:

If someone wants something they find a way. Of not they find an excuse. The "lack of trying" is what happens when people don't want to try, and in dating its usually because they think they can do better or they have another option lined up.
>>
>>17410089
Sorry, dude, but this isn't a rom-com. The only thing one can do is let her go.
>>
Yes.

It happened because I genuinely didn't care she was gone and was even kinda glad (I was going through some other stuff, so the responsibility of being a good bf was just one straw too many.)

She felt this, and I think that anger helped driver her back to me. We stayed together another 8 months, better than before, parted amicably, and that was that.

It's more of a power dynamic than a strategy thing. She wasn't the most important thing in my life at all any more, but she wanted to be.
>>
>>17410274
come on guys. Unless you are abusing the woman or cheating on her the only reason they suddenly call it quits in a long term relationship is they have a crush on a new guy. They will do and risk anything to get that dick. Makes no difference if they have known the guy 2 weeks. Usually they dump the bf, fuck the guy, then realize the guy is a prick. Shock. Then they crawl back to you and hand you the blame.

To answer your question OP. Don't go back with an ex. I did with three different women and after the euphoria of resuming wears off (pretty quickly) it's done. Then you have to go through the break up process all over again. One of the relationships I cheated and left. One cheated on me with a different guy and left. One cheated on me with a different guy, thought I was a fool and let it slide but I took a job in another state and told her two days before I was to leave and ended it.
>>
I'm taking time out from my current partner atm. We've been separated for 2 weeks while we (mostly me) figures out if the dissonance in the relationship is in fact the relationship or its just the internal dialogue in my head.

We both did nothing wrong but I've been feeling like the relationship has hit a brick wall. We don't do anything together really, we act like 2 separate people living in the same house. So I sat her down and told her I just need a week or two to figure out what I want.

We're still talking everyday but not seeing each other. Honestly, I miss her and I think I'm the one who's been the douchebag.

Let's hope there's still hope
>>
>>17410528
Talk it out. Figure out if the love has run its course. Most of all be open and vulnerable, and your partner as well. I wish you well my anon.
>>
File: nm9EfCD.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
nm9EfCD.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>17410528
>partner and I separate for 2 weeks to work on ourselves after fighting non-stop
>get back together
>She starts laying out a list of the steps were going to take
>mid way through explaining how were going to get back together she decided it's too much effort and breaks up

I really hope things work for you anon, I really do
>>
>>17410075
You're exes for a reason
>>
>>17410228
Reminds me of my mother.
>>
>>17410188
>>17410199
My father quit and he was an autistic. I thank him for leaving. He was an idiotic pile of shit which still refuses to believe he was the problem.

Me, my sister and my mother were all charming intellectuals. He was a pseudo-intellectual, a complete geek who found any kind of common sensical thing to be such an amazing and interesting feature which he found impossible to achieve. He was a hypocrite, a faker and a coward. He read garbage books about sex like a teenager, he had horrible tastes, ate junk food, dressed like shit, slept like an NEET, wore only underwear in the house, spent his whole time on the computer at night. Wasted his time on forums about religion, politics, praised degeneracy. Had shitty discussions like a robot. He was a complete retard which I ended up revenge bullying after years of belt whipping from him. I got fit and punched the shit out of him for a good while. He eventually got the message from everyone that nobody likes him. We lived happily ever after without him.

I thank biology that none of us ever inherited his craptastic genes. I shudder to imagine how disgusting my life would be if I inherited aspergers from him. I don't think I've ever seen such a practical autistic in my life. He always went silent when he was angry or went on shitty fits of rage and locked himself in his room, literally like an edgy 12 year old. His whining was also asinine, he couldn't shut the fuck up till I didn't beat the living shit out of him properly. He was exactly like that assholish geek you don't want to hang out with. Exactly like a loser, a failure and geek who needs to be bullied 24/7 in order to know his place and stay in line. Thank God I stopped taking his bullshit and got some satisfaction out of the years of idiocy from him. Thank this world he left.
>>
It happened to me but I'm one of the rare exceptions. We dated when we were both very young and broke up on good terms (not ready for a relationship). We stayed friends and stayed in contact.

Several years later after we had both grown up a lot we met back up again, dated again, and then got married.

But this is a rare case. The majority of breakups are on bad terms. And if a breakup does happen on bad terms, it can only work again if one or both of the people in the relationship have legitimately changed.

For the people who say that nobody tried anymore and people just break up, I'd say that's true for some people, but it's also more socially acceptable to leave a relationship if you're legitimately unhappy with it.
My parents would never have been able to make it work. They didn't mesh well, things happened too fast, and they both ended up absolutely miserable. People need to communicate and work on their issues but you also need to be able to recognize when something is a lost cause and is only hurting everyone in the long run. There's a balance between them.
>>
I just want her back so badly.
I've dated a ton of girls since we split and not one of them comes close to connecting with me the way I did her

It's been a year since we split and 8 months since I've spoken to her last but I still can't move past it.
>>
It can be very easy to get back with an ex, but getting back with an ex does not ensure that there will be any change in the relationship dynamic.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.