[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University as usual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1469208085223.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469208085223.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Two queries.

1) I've let myself fall for the idea that the US is a wonderful place to be, especially as a young adult. So I want to go to a university in the US, New York maybe. But, I'm afraid of the money. It seems like Americans take their college bills to the grave. I'd also have to emigrate because I live in Ireland.

Should I go for it in the US or go to uni in a reasonable country with reasonable education costs?

2) I'm 18 now. One more year of high school. I like the idea of taking a gap year. What's it like being a year older than the majority of your peers in university? Do you feel exactly the same or is there a slight disconnection?

Cheers boyos.
>>
As a bicultural European/American, don't go. I was in your place at 18, really glad I'm not burdened with debt. I've lived in the US and it's not that special. If you want to go, get a job at an international company in Europe that also has offices in the US after graduating and request a transfer when the time is right. Or even do your doctorate there, they'll pay for you. Don't go into debt, you'll be even worse off than Americans who go to college because you'll have to pay international student tuition which is much higher than in-state tuition is for residents.
>>
>>17409843
Also a year is completely insignificant in my experience. Throughout my schooling I've had people a year younger or older than me (I was on time for everything) and never noticed until they mentioned it. Aren't gap years common in Ireland anyway? You won't be the only one by any means.
>>
1. You're wrong
2. 18 plus a year plus a gap year makes you three years older than the other freshmen. You'd be legal to drink in the us and a few of them can't vote or smoke.
>>
>>17409860
He'd be two years older. 18 + 1+ 1 = 20.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.