[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a few nights ago I was at a party, it was wondering to see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: dogtraining.jpg (410KB, 2453x1631px) Image search: [Google]
dogtraining.jpg
410KB, 2453x1631px
So a few nights ago I was at a party, it was wondering to see everyone there and reconnecting with old friends. While we were at the party the father of one of this guy I know came in, he's a really nice guy, super easy to speak with and he's also blind, he came with his seeing eye dog whom he let out into the yard and everyone was playing with her. She's very well trained and after dog sitting a friend's German Shepard I wanted to see if she could take commands, so I told her to heel and she knelt down.

It was amazing to see, I kept playing ball with her and got her some water. Admittingly I was drunk at the time, and now looking back I have can't help but feel knowing that she would take a command like 'heel' and me doing in front of people (who were impressed) makes me feel like a complete asshole. Here I am playing with this guy's dog, showing her life skill off like a party trick and I feel guilty inside.

How do I get rid of the guilt? I don't ever see the guy more than a few times a year and I doubt he ever heard anything about it so honestly I think I'm the only one who thinks about it like this but fuck I feel really shitty right now.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (10KB, 210x239px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
10KB, 210x239px
>>17409557
What the actual fuck am I reading. You feel guilty for getting a dog to heel.
>>
What a fucking incredible non-issue.
>>
>>17409557

I suggest every time you go out you take a tape measure with you and be careful not to tread less than 78.64 cm from other people lest they think you want to harrass them.

Since you look so irrationally paranoid
>>
It was the fact that it was his seeing eye dog that let me do ti so easily. I might be blowing it up in my head but the dog is a tool and me fooling around with him like this would be the equivalent of me taking someone's glasses and pretending to look smart in front of other people for the sake of my own ego. Does that make sense?
>>
>>17409574
No it doesn't you bell end. He wouldn't have let his dog out the back at a party for everyone to pay and have fun with if he didn't want that to happen. How do you live your day to day life if this is an issue for you? Do you spend $3000 on a funeral and have a week off work to grieve if you step on a cockroach?
>>
>>17409567

This.

Except OP's real issue is over sensitivity.

Holy fuck, you sound like my friend with anxiety and depression.

Did you mean to be a dick? No? Did anyone take offense? No? Then there's probably no problem...
>>
Dog doesn't give a shit. Dog got ball, got got play, dog got water. Happy dog.
>>
Write a new apology letter to the guy and every day and send it to him for a whole year. Make sure it's written in Braille
>>
>>17409586
>over sensitivity.
Maybe I am, I've been told I over apologize for things. I hate it and it's a bad habit, I guess I'm over thinking things right now
>>
>>17409557
I was told this by a blind friend with a dog:

When the dog is on her handle-lead, she is all business, and it is wrong to distract her even by petting her.

When she's off her lead, she's just a regular puppy and as eager and happy to play as any other dog.

So you played with a dog who wanted to play with you. No crime, no shame.
>>
Yeah man it's really not a big deal. If the dog was in the backyard just chillin out then there shouldn't be a problem. I could understand feeling bad if the guy needed his dog but if let her outside then it doesn't matter. This is definitely a non-issue.
>>
I can see your points, I guess at time I'm a little too sensitive trying to make sure I don't insult/offend anyone. I have to get my anxiety under control, thanks for explaining it to me.
>>
>>17409574

No. A dog is not a tool, a dog is a living being that, like most dogs, probably enjoys socializing with other people. This dog has a job to do but that doesn't make it a "tool."

You played with a dog in the same way almost all people do. I really, really don't think the guy was offended. Did he seem bothered in any way?
>>
check out highly sensitive person
it's kind of like a trait you have and 90% of the person will never understand it

have you got some good friends? if a situation like this occurs again, try talking to them. like everyone in this thread said, this is no issue, you just have some minor self doubt.
try to think rational about your emotions
>>
>>17409557
What the actual fuck? Seek help, feeling guilt from playing with someone's dog at a party is not normal
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.