[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting over.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Cover foto.jpg (563KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Cover foto.jpg
563KB, 800x533px
Has anyone here tried rebooting your social life and starting over somewhere else?

I'm 21 and having a tough time imagining making new, lasting and meaningful friendships. The reason why I feel like I need to, is because I feel like I've gotten stuck low on the social ladder, which is a vulnerable position to be in, because I find people often take out their frustrations on the perceived "weakest" in the group and quite frankly I think I'm very forgettable. I blame evolution. That said I'm not bullied, and won't cut contact completely, I just feel that I need to make stronger bonds with people I feel like I can rely on.

Anyways, the plan is to become more interesting by the time I start in college (gonna do biology), through being more healthy and developing on my interests. Have any of you ever pulled something like it off?
>>
Life has no restarts.
>>
>>17409441
Hey anon, I'm thinking of the same.
The only difference is that I have no friends and probably won't be any more interesting by the time I go to college.
>>
>>17409465
Not with that attitude. Read books and get hobbies. We're not set in stone. Our brain literally changes according to what we do.
>>
>>17409441
Its not really your interests that make you interesting in a group, it's what you bring to conversations, what new perspective you bring while reinforcing whatever common ground it is that makes you friends with someone. Having your own unique approach to life that directs everything you do or say that's what makes you recognizable
>>
>>17409477
I'd definitely say our interests shape our life approach. My interest in biology has given me a greater goal in life. But I'm not in college yet and haven't gotten to explore this shit fully.
>>
>>17409441
Old fart writing -

You have actually picked exactly the right moment to do what you want. Going off to college is one of a very few points in your life (Moving to a new city and new job would be another) when you can easily redefine yourself.

Remember this: No one there knows you. No one knows you're supposed to be a loser. No one knows what reputation you had, or how much experience, or what everyone thought of you.

If you could pull it off, you could present yourself as uber-Chad and there would be no one to say you weren't. But even without going that far, enter your new life knowing that you are carrying no history. Meet new people and let them meet you without any preconceptions.
>>
>>17409441
Just move somewhere new.

After college I move far away from my family and friends with nothing but a laptop, clothes and an air mattress. Fun as fuck starting life from the bottom up.
>>
>>17409830
Do you feel that it worked out for you?
Would you consider yourself a different person from back then?
>>
>>17409441
I restarted 2 times but never got much out of it.

I only made friends when people are forced to see me everyday when they can choose to be away they do.
Basically you have to have contact daily and people will like you if they don't hate you.
>>
Harder than it looks op, you should probably just focus on improving yourself.
You're right that people tend to take out their frustrations on the weakest of the group, but it doesn't necessary help if you try to be more friendly, it may even backfire. They may think they're in a possition of control, thinking that it won't matter if they fall out against you because you will keep trying to be their friend.

I learned this the first year of highschool.

I'm 21 now and I'm in a really comfortable position, when I noticed improving yourself gets peoples attention and even made people seem nicer to me it all seemed so simple.

If you don't know where to start, start working on your body. Start training and hitting the gym.
>>
>>17409882
What did you do when you rebooted? Are you sure it wasn't because you fell back into your old routines?
>>
>>17410080
1st time i was 12 or 13 and moved to another city, it was hard for me to make friends and the ones i had were really close so i shut myself and the experience there made me shut in even more. When i got back my old friends went in a different direction as i did so we never got back to the old days.
Then in college i tried to stop being a shut in but i didn't have much experience and it was trial and error, didn't work much.

I'm better than i was but it's not even close to be enough.
>>
>>17409441

yes. several times. i went to five highschools. then i moved to los angeles. i dont move and start over now, its such a large city you coudl drop everyone you know and start over anytime.

its worked out great depending on your definition of success. i have great friends i love, but no one knows how lon they will last.

to be honest i stopped the overall reboot awhile ago.

life is a series of peopel coming in and coming out at different times.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.