[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I ready?/Is it possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (249KB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
249KB, 540x302px
I would like to be married to a girl in two years. I'm 19, second year of college coming up. Living out on my own with a little help from parents but have no job right now, living off of savings. She's 26. I want to be fully financially independent + able to support this girl and finish school (Engineering). I would like to marry her in the spring or summer after my third year. Is this possible? What should I look out for? Tips on getting there and how to make her feel secure while getting there? She's really stressed about it which is making me stressed. I'm scared she will leave me if I made her wait another year and I really love her. She is so great and other than this there aren't even any serious issues with our relationship. We work things out and love each other. It's so great. I think if she and I don't work out I might give up on relationships. I can't imagine anything better than this and there might not be a point in trying if that happened.
>>
Why are you in such a rush to get married?
>>
>>17409426
I really would like to marry her. Living my life with this girl would be the greatest thing that could happen to me. Being able to wake up next to her, support her in her life and she in mine. But she is 26. And we do love each other but I don't want her to leave if she doesn't see a future with me. It would be a lot easier if we were closer in age but she doesn't want to be stuck in one place in her life for too long.
>>
>>17409443
What? There's nothing stopping you from being in a committed relationship if you don't get married right away. And what if she doesn't want to get married? If she doesn't see a future with you, there's nothing you can do about it. You can't get unilaterally married
>>
>>17409416
Marrying her while you're still in school and unemployed is a terrible idea. What's the plan, you get married and she takes care of the financials for the next two years? Is she in a position to do that? What does she do for work and why is she in such a hurry?

>other than this there aren't even any serious issues with our relationship

If you're seriously worried that she will leave you because you're not in a good place to get married, this is not a solid relationship. At all. It's not even close.

You're 19. Your focus should be on finishing your shit so you have a good foundation for the rest of your life. And stop being so fucking melodramatic "give up on relationships", wtf. Try imagining being with someone who has enough patience to consider what is best for BOTH of you.
>>
>>17409450
Well, I mean we've talked about it and she definitely wants to get married. I just don't want the one thing to screw it up is me not having things together.
>>17409453
Well even though I'm unemployed im looking for work and plan to be working in and out of school. She works retail. Maybe she's just saying this kind of stuff because she's stressed about her finances right now.
Yeah, that's true. And I don't think she'd leave me now, but if in a few years for some reason things didn't go as planned. But it's true that that's still unreasonable.
Yeah, that's true and she wants that. She's worried about the pressure that it would put on me. She's just told me what she wants.
And you're right. That's not true, I'm just tired and stressed. Sorry about that.
>>
>>17409416
Why is she in such a hurry?
>>
>>17409488
She doesn't want to feel like she's stuck in the same place in her life and is stressed about not having something more tangible for a promise financially I guess.

To be honest as I think on it more it kind of hurts to think that she has like a time limit on me but at the same time I understand that she doesn't want to feel like the relationship isn't gonna go anywhere. I mean basically from the start I had wanted this plan to work and told her that's what I'm going for. From the way she's talking though it sounds like she can't wait that long though. I mean, I would like to be married to her but I definitely don't mind being in a committed relationship with her.

Would I be asking too much to ask her to wait until I'm done with college and can get a full time job? I'm honestly not sure. Should I ask her about it? I'm honestly afraid she will lose interest if I asked that. Which is scary and kind of hurts. It makes me almost wonder about her caring about this in the first place...
>>
Getting married is not that big of a deal, it's not a life-changer and nowhere it says that you have to buy a house and two cars immediately after getting married. Not much is going to change, whatever has been keeping your bills paid will be still there after the wedding.

That being said, the fact that you're a 19-year-old being pushed into marriage by a 26-year-old is a major red flag.
>>
>>17409416
Dude, you need to calm down. I'm in almost the exact same situation as you, except my gf and I are being patient and not rushing into anything.

She's 22 and I'm 19, her money situation isn't exactly great and neither is mine but we're making it work without marriage. Getting married won't make you have more money or keep her from leaving dude, if she will leave without being married she'll certainly leave if she's married.

I was worried about that same thing with my girl but she said it herself that she's willing to wait and it's not a big deal if we aren't independent and together for awhile, in fact she said it doesn't even matter if we get married (although she does want to be my wife). If your girl is pushing you for this, its not a stable relationship. If you're just stressing yourself out like a retard then you need to take a deep breath and look at your situation.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
>>17409416
DO NOT get married until 25 minimum. Not being married is not stopping you from staying together with that person.

It doesn't matter how many bullshit stories you hear of "we had our first kid when we were 16 and have been happily married for thirty years".
>>
>>17409736
Also, don't have a child until you're at least 45. There's so much you should get done before you're tied down with an offspring.
>>
if you're not able to formulate a plan on how to have steady finances, you're not ready for marriage. you don't see it now but as you grow older your mind changes. everything you're saying right now is a huge red flag - you're panicking about marriage at fucking 19 years old - this is like a 10 year old being worried about getting a boyfriend.
>>
Alright. Thanks everyone. I mean, in the beginning thread I was definitely freaking myself out but I don't think it's just me. I'm gonna talk with her about this, see if I can clear some things up.
>>
>>17409751
Really? Nobody's gonna call me out on that bullshit? Fucnkig /adv/...
>>
>>17409950
Yeah, I'm not too sure about that, haha.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.