[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next Steps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1465502204719.png (34KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465502204719.png
34KB, 375x360px
Recently some people tried to hook me up with a girl. We were supposed to be introduced at this event last night, but she had to leave town for a funeral. I ended up meeting a bunch of people that she knows, who found out about this setup, and ended up really liking me, saying she and I would be a great fit.

The thing is, I didn't get any next steps. The next networking event isn't for a long time, and I don't anticipate any other reason I'm going to bump into her. Really, I'd be fine with this not happening, since she's a total stranger, but are people expecting me to follow up? Add her on Facebook? Ask them to set us up on a date?

Not sure what to do next.
>>
>>17408504

lol you're kind of in new ground here. people arent this lazy with setting people up generally. if you want you can always reach out to her on facebook and be fun about it.

or you can wait.

whichever. no matter what you do some people are going to thikn wahtever they want to think. have a 'mind your own business' atitude about it and just do what you actually want
>>
>>17408504
Add her, and talk to her, i know you want to hear that its pretty much fucked and its in her hands now, but no, you will have to talk to her
>>
>>17408511
Or ignore me, im drunk and just giving random people the advice i needed 3 weeks ago, your case is probably different but if you want to hook up/gf her you will have to communicate sometime, why wait for a random social event when you are clearly interested in each other (if her friends told you you were a nice match they were even more hardcore telling it to her)
>>
>>17408511

I don't want to hear that it's fucked, I just... want to see what's going to come of it? I anticipated last night to be a chance for me to see if she's cool or not, and instead just got 20 more people saying "oh my god we SHOULD hook him up with X."

As fun as that is to hear, I'm not the kind of guy to wait around too long.
>>
>>17408522

Yeah, I don't want to seem overeager, and I don't know if I'll like her. I'd just like to open that door and shut it quickly if need be.
>>
>>17408605
But thats the thing you have to either rely that your mutual friends to pair you up again or take the matter into your own hands, its easier to cut contact if you are the one taking the initiative if thats the thing bothering you. Imo its easier to think of actions like a way to get to an objective, there's two available options and one is clearly better than the other yet you still want to go with the worse one so if it fails you get to say your friends were the ones fucking up, dating is about you and her though, no need to be ashamed if it doesn't go well, no one will think less of you.

Still drunk, stil a grain of salt with my advice
>>
>>17408605
Also not seeming overeager is a meme, girls like people taking interest in them, no need to play it cool, wish i could slap myself the last time i didn't want to seem overeager, could've fucked her that same night, it was so obvious, god damn it.
>>
>>17408504
> Ask them to set us up on a date?
Man up and pursue what you want in life. Don't wait around for other people to wipe your ass for you.

Contact her asap. Invite to dinner/lunch/whatever.
>>
>>17408678

The only way for me to contact her at this point is to add her to LinkedIn or Facebook. I have no phone number or anything.

The thing is, this isn't something I "want." It's something I'm willing to explore if the opportunity presents itself, but I also don't want to wait a long time for it.

It's like... expensive concert tickets to a band you like a few songs of, but don't know much more about. Would you spend $100 at the door? Probably not. If a friend had a spare ticket, sure.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.