[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I unfuck my shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fuck.jpg (45KB, 720x667px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
45KB, 720x667px
I have lived in a broken home. My dad is diagnosed severe bipolar and with very likely Anti social personality disorder (Not my diagnosis, I have talked to a psychologist about this). He is a violent and abusive nutter who has abused me and my family over 20 years (me all my 18). My mum is terminally ill with kidney failure, but is hard as nails.

I am quite overweight (Not a fucking landwhale or even close), aggressive and very outspoken and frank. I have a decent number of friends so I'm not socially clueless, although I was treated as an slight autist from 6-11 with no diagnosis and when I went to get one they said I was completely neurotypical (I assume It was due to stress and growing up in a shit household, one of my earliest memories is my dad punching my mum and the fucking huge bruise on her chest).

I want to try to unfuck my shit as much as possible before uni, I have 6 weeks. I know I won't unfuck anything totally, but I want to be in a better position than I am in right now.

How do you think I ought to start?
>>
dubs can help
>>
>>17408433
kek, cheered me up a bit.
>>
>>17408429
None of those mental problems actually exist. Bipolar, autism, anti social personality. It's just a modern day attempt at justifying the actions and lifestyles of the working class, and to get you to take medicine because the worlds medical associations are funded by pharmaceutical companies.

There is nothing wrong with you, there is nothing wrong with your father, or your upbringing. The current social narrative suggests this is a somewhat dysfunctional upbringing, but honestly people have had it much worse. You just like many in your generation have been conditioned to believe there is something always wrong with you, and you must fix it by buying things and consume more.

Start nowhere, because you're just like millions of other people out there. Get a job, exercise and the rest will come naturally as you grow in a social environment that slowly matures and you'll meet people with the same interests and before you know it you will make friends with likeminded people
>>
>>17408453
I understand what you mean, there is nothing inherently wrong. However, the way I have been raised means I am used to an environment that is much more intense, violent and aggressive than general society, and what the majority of people expect, which creates an issue.

What I basically want is to adjust to normal society and get into as few fights as possible. I just want to stop myself falling in with the same kinds of people who my father was. I want to be a well-adjusted person, learn well, make some friends and a gf would be nice too.
>>
>>17408466
Then if you have the opportunity to fight don't do it, if someone is getting in your nerves don't act on it, if you see some of those people you dont want to engage with, don't, if you can see that well what's the issue you should have no problem fixing it. Unless, of course you just want a pity party of people saying how bad you've had it so far and that none of your shortcomings are your fault.
>>
>>17408466
There is no static, singular way of living a normal life. Life is a combination of different classes, races, cultures and background. Life is divided up into sectors dependent on social environment which are defined as class. People live in very different worlds, depending on who you are and where you are from. You have two choices here. You either accept who you are, accept your upbringing which has defined you, and live a life of manual labour with likeminded individuals who telling from your posts almost certainly will be less intelligent than you, but share common interests.

Or you reach out and redefine yourself based on new experiences and let the past stay in the past. Your character isn't fully complete until you've at least left your childhood home and lived independently. You will be a lone wolf for a while as you cast away the figures of your former life, aim for higher education and put yourself out there.

I personally did the latter from a similar situation to you.
>>
>>17408502
I think you misunderstand what I mean. What I am saying is that there will be the SJW faggots and snackbars on the campus.

I am like 6 ft 1 and like 230 lbs so they will mostly leave my shit alone, but what I mean if one comes up and starts trying to start shit with me. I know how to stop myself from knocking some cunt out.

I also want to know how I can develop in the next 6 weeks to act in a regular environment compared with they aggressive environment I am starting to come out of.

I'm not here for pity I want advice, stop being such a faggot.

>>17408506
I'm flattered. I would like to have friends, I enjoy being with people. I will probably have to accept a good chunk of what I have here, but I can change some aspects of myself, I have done it before.

I will start getting fit I have a plan for that, it would be nice to get some specifics on that. It would be nice to get specific ideas on how I would go about being more relaxed and far far less aggressive without drugs.
>>
>>17408466
>I just want to stop myself falling in with the same kinds of people who my father was

I think your goal should be to not be the kind of person your father is.

You know you have a weight problem. Do something about it. If your mom dies, what happens to your financial support, is your dad going to cut you off? Do you have any sort of plan worked out in case of this? Have you talked to your mom about what happens when she dies?
>>
>>17408523
>It would be nice to get specific ideas on how I would go about being more relaxed and far far less aggressive without drugs.

It's just the environment you're in and the culture around it. Withdraw yourself from it, no matter how painful it may be, and wait for them to mature post adolescence. I did the same thing, when i was 16 I decided I didn't like the life i had, and didn't like where this was going, I didn't want to work at a factory all my life doing drugs on weekends. So i withdrew, became a neckbeard for a few years, found new interests and pursued them into a career and met people on that same level and we got along.

I'm 24 now, I've moved out to a house in a nice neighborhood and have a gf and stable happy job
>>
>>17408523
I dont know how america is but in what ocasion do random people start shit with you? I mean some confrontation will happen along your life but having it being such a regular occurrence that you need advice how to deal with it just mwans that your attitude is causing it or you connect with the wrong kind of people
>>
>>17408533
Not sure, I think he might. My mum is a while away from dying (~10-15 years), and has a large amount of money coming since the illness was caused by malpractice. By the time she dies I would hopefully be established.

If he cuts me off, I have student loan and I have a part time job. I would be very barely scraping by If my dad cut me off and my mum doesn't get any money (goes to court in November, so it would be a few months living like that worst case, the chances of failure of the case are very very low).

Absolute worst case, I would drop out and get an apprenticeship. I have been doing my craft since I was 12 and a very large portfolio so I have a good basis for a CV even without a degree.

>>17408540
So in my case get out a lot more, away from family?

>>17408551
UK. Pakis are cocky in large groups. Aside from that people don't really fuck me around much.
>>
Hey buddy, check out DBT treatment on the web.

Mental illness or not, as long as you have half a head on your shoulders, its not too difficult to unfuck your shit

The main thing is to practice being in the present moment. this is called Mindfulness.

Its hard, but just dont even worry about whatever happened before. Our pasts definately condition us to behave a certain way.

But, the past is done. Its never gonna change. So fuck it.
Being a dude that pays attention to whats going on around him, and isnt worrying about stuff thats not happening.. its pretty good to be that way. Thats how we un-condition ourselves.

When something happens that is undesirable, we can avoid reacting. (See "Cockroach Theory")
Reacting is our automatic response, and if we grew up shitty, chances are we are used to the worst, so we react like things are worse than they are. And we end up regretting things.

By taking our time, and RESPONDING to situations, we choose how we wish to handle things.

I hope this makes some sense. I did some therapy before, and the bottom line is, no matter what your problems are, the tools to navigate life gracefully are the same.

Doesnt matter what happened. Just gotta keep your head out of the shit and in the present. Take your time, and things get unfucked really quickly.

6 weeks is enough time buddy, DBT Treatment/Mindfulness. Take it or leave it.

Good Luck, feel better
>>
>>17408581
Thanks a lot, taking a look now
>>
File: 1460092304203.jpg (84KB, 526x478px) Image search: [Google]
1460092304203.jpg
84KB, 526x478px
>>17408440
you're a piece of shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.