[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religious husband and abortion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>be dating now-husband
>I got pregnant
>we dread about the abortion, even though I knew that this is what we have to do
>I couldn't afford Planned Parenthood, they wouldn't give me the help even though I wasn't working and I didn't have health insurance
>I turn to "friends" but they couldn't help me
>I can't imagine going to my mom for help, she never knew about it because even though she isn't religious, she's superstitious
>I can't go to my husband's family for help, they're extremely religious Catholics
>I stressed for a while, then decided that I was desperate enough to get the meds from the deep web
>I had the abortion successfully
>I had a intrauterine infection from it
>cured, all is good
>this fucked me up mentally for a while, I always wished that my womb would be scarred forever and the scar would prevent me from ever having children. Justice for a 2-month old fetus, you know?
>husband never expressed much emotions about it until today
>he went to his family's church today for reasons I don't know
>he confessed to the priest
>the priest wouldn't even lis to it, just told my husband that he to go do something else
>the priest has abandoned my husband
>husband calls me sobbing, telling me he's going to hell for what we did
>what we did was the worst thing possible
>I tried to tell him that there's greater evil out there and he's far from this worst person on earth
>husband was inconsolable
>I look at the bibles that we were given during our relationship on the bookshelf
>feel this seething anger and sadness at the same time

I've always been an atheist my whole life, even when I grew up around my mom trying many different religions. I never feared god, I only feared people and their intentions. How do I help my husband to feel better?

Pic related: inb4 ITT
>>
YOU WILL BURN, YOU DEVIL WORSHIPING HERETIC
>>
>>17408316
Unless you make him give up his god, I do not believe you can.
>>
HE WILL KNOW NO GOD, ONLY THE FIRES OF HELL
>>
File: 1422052092588.jpg (117KB, 430x613px) Image search: [Google]
1422052092588.jpg
117KB, 430x613px
>>17408330
How do I do such a thing? I don't want to make him sacrifice his belief so I won't have to deal with him being anything but happy. I suggested that we go to church together this upcoming Sunday. I feel like I'm the one that needs to make the sacrifice since he's already hurt
>>
>>17408316
Wait for him to go to sleep then suck his dick. When he wakes up, deepthroat.
>>
>>17408316
You sound poor and stupid.
Your mother sounds retarded.
Your husband sounds like a retarded child.

This is what you morons get for listening to skyfairies from old made up books.
>>
>>17408407
I dont know. I abandoned my religion because nothing gets me harder faster than expressing and promoting free will without outside regulation. Some abandon for moral reasons (which are extremely easy to find), The English King made the now nurtured Anglican church just so he could divorce his cunt wife. The Pope likes Muslims more than Catholics. Catholics live in societies were women are given equal opportunity, If you have ever had a guy pull out on you he is eligible for direct smite from god, RAPING bOYs hello. I dont understand the value of obeying religious laws if the religious themselves dont give two fucks. I dont know, just give him a chill pill familia.

Was that even helpful? fuck me dude
>>
>>17408316
I'm an atheist myself, and I was in a relationship with a Christian girl for two years. Point is, I have a little experience with stuff like this.

>husband calls me sobbing, telling me he's going to hell for what we did
You could tell him that the entire point Jesus made was that anything and everything can be forgiven, as long as he regrets it and apologizes for it (confession). Some priest is not above that. And if he can't confess in front of his regular priest he can do it before God and be confident that He will listen.

Since I'm guessing the priest personally knows your husband from long ago, he (the priest) let his emotions take over and cloud his judgement. Like the priest could have felt that your husband "betrayed" them, you know? But God isn't clouded by such feelings, He forgives him for his mistakes, always and forever. No matter what any mortal man might say to him.

>>17408407
I agree the best thing IMO would be to get him off his beliefs and finally give him some peace. But trying to do this short term will only end your marriage (the roots are in from childhood, uprooting that stuff takes time). So instead make him focus on the good parts of his faith, because forgiveness through Jesus is some really good shit to base a faith around. He could kill a virgin on a bible pyre and still be forgiven, as long as he truly regrets it. And in this case it would be insane to think he doesn't, right?
>>
>>17408316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9x7WPHW93k

This should help. It isn't perfect, but it is a start.

Another angle you might consider; convert to Christianity. Jesus was not about unforgivable sins. He wasn't about penance or guilt. He was all about forgiveness and tolerance for past mistakes. One of the major tenants of Christianity is "Ask for forgiveness and be forgiven." Pick out some bible quotes from the book of john or luke and try and give the message that the path to salvation is through acceptance of the lord, not actions or deeds. This means both good and bad actions.

A person that old who is still religious basically needs religion as a crutch to remain moral. Don't try and remove it like these other sperglords are saying. Guide him into seeking forgiveness.

Also fuck the catholic church. They cause more harm than good.
>>
>>17408416
Fuck off, seriously. Shit like this only makes people believe harder.
>>
>>17408445
I don't give a shit what they believe. That stupid fuck is crying his little ass off because a child molester told him he was going to hell for letting his poor ass girlfriend with a deluded mother get an abortion. What a time to be alive.
>>
>buying drugs off the deep web capable of killing a 2 month old fetus

Holy shit op, its probably a good thing you aborted that kid because you sound absolutely fucking insane.

Anyway there's nothing you can say or do to make your husband feel better. He has to learn to live with the choice you two made.
>>
>>17408451
What did you think your post was going to accomplish exactly? You're not booming us with a great revelation here. No one is going to think "Oh shit, I really am a stupid idiot, how did I not see it before?" after reading your post.
Not to be too hippie about it, but posting this kind of stuff is really unhealthy, for you most of all.

>I don't give a shit what they believe.
Then why did you post in the first place? You say you don't care, then you go off on this really passive aggressive rant that pretty much says the opposite. Did something happen to you? Or is it a tryhard way to blow off some steam?
>>
>>17408316
I would suggest calling some other churches and finding a priest who would be willing to listen. They aren't going to be happy about this, but if they're honest, they will listen.

This sort of thing is the biggest reason I loathe the Catholic church: by claiming that salvation is only available through the church, priests corrupt the belief in and worship of God into being about their own selfish ends.

>>17408456
Home abortions are indeed not a great idea, but desperate people do desperate things.
>>
>>17408490
>>17408451
The guy has a point and he's fun. Fuck off 4chan if you're so easily offended.
>>
>>17408543
Where did you get the idea that anyone got offended? The problem is that he defeats his own point by going about it the way he does.
>>
>>17408490
The point is that op, and her entire family are fucked up, and shouldn't be having kids. All incredibly immature. It's good that she had an abortion. The less poor kids have to grow up in nutjob familys like this the better.

>>17408543
Thanks bro
>>
>>17408746
Going by your standards, most people are fucked up. Your statements won't do anything to fix it, interesting opinions at least which I mostly agree with, but how will it help OP in any way shape or form? What does it contribute here? Except to make her aware that she sounds poor and stupid and that she shouldn't have children?
>>
>>17408808
Not at all. Most people don't get knocked up when they can't afford a kid. Most people don't buy random abortion pills off the internet. Most people mothers aren't superstitious (what the actual fuck?). Most people's husband don't cry when a priest says something retarded. Most people aren't that into religion.

It's helping in a couple of ways. First off, she made the right decision for many reasons. Secondly, hopefully she will realise that she is not, and probably won't be in the near future, in a position to have a child. Hopefully she will be more careful on future. She could also think about whether having a crazily religious husband is appropriate considering she is an atheist.
>>
>Most people aren't that into religion.
Yes they are. Atheists aren't even a fifth of the total population last time it was checked. In the US we're 1/10th of the population. This is what I meant by "most people". Not the other things you bring up.
That being said. What did you mean by "that into"? Like crazily into religion where a fear of hell pushes a man to tears? If so I completely agree.

People have to be allowed to do really stupid shit sometimes. It's a great way to learn.
I'm sure her wedding was a whole debacle, with people asking her and her husband left and right if them getting hitched would be a good plan. But they decided to try it out. Maybe they'll realize it won't work and get divorced, and as you say she will reconsider getting together with someone religious next time.

All in all, I agree with you, really. I think it's important to word shit so that people will actually listen you know? If you had her face to face you could make her listen and have her explain herself. Like a teacher yelling at his student. Here though she can sense the negative wording right away and think shit like "Yeah but he doesn't know my husband-yaddayadda" and keep on scrolling. Which is a stupid thing that people do to protect their feelings.
On this post though she might actually read it (if she were still here). It's harsh truth, but you're not spitting in her face while telling it. It's great!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.