[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I hire a lawyer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (28KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 600x384px
>Up north for a week
>BF stayed behind
>Gives friend ride home not knowing he is shitfaced, knew he had a few though
>Kid is 17
>Didn't give BF a warning to pull over, throws up out window but since he is drunk a lot got inside as well
>BF pissed because he knows I hate vomit and can't stand it, knows I'll be pissed when I find out
>Kicks kid out and makes him walk the rest of the way home
>Next day I find out and tell kid to pay for it to be reupholstered because it's gross and stained
>BF tried to clean up as much as possible but it's in cracks of window and has stained seats and what not
>Kid refuses
I've tried contacting his mom but she is a pos crackhead so she doesn't answer her phone really and probably doesn't give a shit
Idk what to do but I'm not trying to have nasty stains in our car that I just got.
Is there anything I can do? Hire a lawyer? Any other advice?
>>
Lawyer will cost more than getting the seats fixed. You can take it to small claims (or your equivalent), they will likely find in your favour, but also find that the kid has no money. You will then get $2 a week for the next 25 years. Just get a pro to clean it, theylll get it all out.
>>
>>17408267
That's what I've settled for doing at this point. I even told the kid to at least pay for it to be cleaned which is only $75. He said okay at first but changed his mind and it's frustrating because I don't have the spare cash to pay for it myself right now. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>17408259
did your bf buy him any beers? 17 is way below legal age to drink
>>
Make the kid lick it off of the seats.
>>
>>17408274
Yeah it's pretty crappy that people get away with this stuff, but sometimes it's easier to just walk away. Definitely get it done ASAP as you'll get a better result. At least you know to avoid this dickhead in future.
>>
>>17408274
Call his parents.
>>
>>17408285
I know. The kid sometimes hangs around my BF's little brother and my bf was visiting them that day. I told my BF to not ever associate with him because he just causes drama. My BF claims to not have bought him any but I wasn't there. I'd believe my BF though because he has always said no to kids in the past who ask him to. The city in which the kid resides in is full of shitty people who buy alcohol and cigs for underage kids. Plus this kid is a known druggie so I don't trust a word he says.
>>
>>17408295
That's nasty. Plus he'd probably somehow make it worse. I never want to see this kid again after this whole thing is sorted out.
>>17408305
He only has a mom and I got ahold of her number and have called several times. After a few rings it just goes to voicemail. She is also a druggie so I don't expect much from her.
My BF and I have thought about just going to their house to enlighten her on the situation and bring up how if I do something about it then CPS might get involved considering we don't know who got him the alcohol and we know for a fact that she buys him weed.
>>17408298
It really does suck because I have so much else on my plate to worry about, this is the last thing I needed.
>>
>>17408319
You should do all of that, if you can't get through to the mom.
>>
>>17408319
Oh also: pay to have the car cleaned right away, because without that, you've suffered no damages and don't really have the legal right to be compensated.
>>
>OP wants to sue a minor for throwing up in her car

Could you be more of a cunt? Seriously, fuck you.
>>
>>17408409
You have a weird perspective on shit m8
>>
>>17408411
you mean where a little vomit is a petty matter and OP is an asshole for giving a shit about it? Yeah that's a REAL weird perspective.
>>
>>17408409
I'm sorry but if you're going to pretend to be an adult and drink underage then you'll have to deal with the consequences and pay for the damages of someone else's property.
You're a fucking idiot, grow up
>>
>>17408423
Stinking spew all through your car is not a little matter. It's fucking disgusting. The kid is a dirty little cunt whi won't take responsibility for his actions. Same as you obviously.
>>
>>17408423
Also it's not a small amount, that shit is in crevices of my car. Not only that but it's fucking disgusting. Some random kid vomited in my car. He is known for being a dumb ass so yeah I think he should learn a lesson or two and stop trying to get away with being a massive cunt about everything.
So yeah this is a big deal. You can't just walk around damaging peoples shit and expect them to be okay with it.
>>
>>17408423
He took advantage of my BF being nice and giving him a ride home so as to not hurt himself in the process of getting there or getting in trouble by an officer.
>>
>>17408259
Steal his bong and sell it back for the cost of the cleaning.
>>
>>17408448
>>17408442
>>17408439
>>17408430
>incapable of cleaning a car
>literally no damage to the car if you're not a complete retard
>five minutes with some soapy water
>no, let's hire a lawyer and sue him instead

are all millennials this incapable of doing shit for themselves or is it just the faggots on here tonight? fucking learn how to be an adult, which includes dealing with other people's mistakes, she's not a fucking murder victim you dipshits, it's a problem that has a solution much easier than going and harassing some poor dumb kid with lawyers.
>>
>>17408463
I'm not a millenial. People should be held accountable for their actions. The reason shit is on a downward slope is that everyone gets away with everything. Op didn't want her car to be used to cart some pissed 17 year old around, and sure didn't want some dirty junkie to spew in it. That's fucking nasty, I personally wouldn't be touching that little deros spew.

You fuck up, you cop the consequences. It's called personal responsibility.
>>
>>17408463
I suppose I'm acting a bit extreme but vomit is my number one thing I can't even go near. That shit is splattered onto the back windows, ceiling of the car, and back seats. It's disgusting and I want to ensure its all gone and cleaned well because that's actually a hazard. Bacteria can spread if it isn't handled correctly. I know letting whatever is left sit isn't helping but I know a professional will do the job well. And like I said, some of it stained and that's just gross. You seriously need to read dude.
>>
>>17408463
Also it's not some poor dumb kid. It's an asshole shit head who does whatever he wants and thinks there are no consequences. If it were a family member or someone I knew and it was an honest mistake that is different. This kid gave no warning to him about to vomit and then acted like it wasn't a big deal.
>>
>>17408468
Holy shit thank you for understanding this concept. It's really not that hard to grasp.
>>
>>17408468
>Op didn't want her car to be used to cart some pissed 17 year old around, and sure didn't want some dirty junkie to spew in it.

then maybe she should have taken the PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to make sure nobody else used her car, or the PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to notify her bf not to drive other people around or the PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to clean her own fucking vehicle instead of letting it sit around and stink up the place

if you're not a millennial then you really ought to fucking know better by now.

>>17408477
>wahh it's gross

are you a teenager yourself? life is gross, deal with it.

>>17408487
the fuck do you think poor dumb kids are? His mom's a fucking drug addict and he's barely old enough to be driving. That's precisely who poor dumb kids are, fuck you.
>>
>>17408503
Okay it's actually our car. We both make payments on it. You're right I would have preferred he not give him a ride because I hate the kids guts but my BF is a good guy and would rather give a kid a ride home to ensure his safety rather then let him wander home late at night.
Also, I know plenty of kids that age who have shitty parents. They still acted mature and took responsibility for stuff like this. It's not hard to be a decent person. If anything they should be more mature because they had to grow up with an irresponsible parent.
There is no excuse for this. You fuck up you deal with the consequences.
When I was 17 I had two jobs and paid for most of my own shit. It's not hard
>>
Hey OP, hopefully you're still here. I actually work in the court system and see this shit on a weekly basis. Take it to small claims. I 100% guarantee you they will rule in your favor. They'll take the cash out of the little shit or his mum's paycheck every week (you'll likely get all the cash within a month from my experience). Dont back out. I see far too many of these cunts get off the hook because the complainant does not follow through on such an easy matter.
>>
>>17408524
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm looking into it at the moment. I don't even care if it's not a lot that I get, just something because this is bogus.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.