[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people who don't have kids choose monogamy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

People who don't want to have kids nor settle down, are you interested in monogamy? I personally don't feel any jealousy and don't really get why sleeping or kissing should be the thing you can't do with others but going out or having hobbies is. I don't even mean one night stands or fucking as many as possible but more that if you really like someone why won't you try? This has nothing to do with the other person and your relationship to them. Of course, I understand when kids are involved you might fall in love with that person and it damages them but when person's purpose isn't to settle down or have kids anyway, why are they still monogamous?

I am not particularly interested in sex but would never have a relationship where I promise to be monogamous. Or even stay with that person as sexual partners (friends of course). Because how should I even know what feelings I have tomorrow or who I meet. I have never wanted to live with someone, have a family and kids and don't really get why people want that. I thought it was some soviet custom because you couldn't get out of the country and there were limits on what you could achieve, private business was banned and you couldn't just go to study in the best universtities of the world, live in every country couple of years, travel, become the best in something, write politically incorrect (not /pol/ sense) books, and so on. Therefore people married and had mediocre lives. But nowadays I don't get that. Relationship and marriage is like full time job and it can easily be replaced by friends because friendships can be much closer nowadays, there is no "more than friends" because it depends on a person what they define as "more".
>>
Your viewpoint essentially won't allow you to understand, but in short? People choose to be monogamous because each values and trusts the other in a mutual and loving relationship.

The level of intimacy and trust I have with my girlfriend and future wife (we discussed marriage multiple times) is far and away the most meaningful thing I have experienced in any kind of relationship - mere friendship does not compare in the slightest.

It is like the difference between a greasy, shitty burger from McDonald's and an amazing fresh burger you made with your own two hands, with all your favourite ingredients. You can try to compare the differences, but chances are you aren't going to be able express exactly how much more your own burger means to you to some guy who is addicted to shitty burgers.
>>
File: 1381897047772.jpg (170KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1381897047772.jpg
170KB, 801x1200px
>>17408046

Some people choose monogamy, some people don't. In my experience, one is not more inherently better or worse. Terrible relationships come in all kinds of configurations and so do great ones.

The fact that neither side of the issue understand the others only illustrates why its important for people to make their own choices.

Your inability to understand is irrelevant. Do what you want and don't concern yourself with why others do or don't agree with it.
>>
>>17408067
Secondly, why do people want an average life with kids and share not only their apartment but room with other person? Why won't they achieve something instead? Millions have fucked and had kids, it is nothing original. What is the incentive to do exactly the same things that millions have done before? Asking seriously
>>
>>17408139
half of my answer got lost.
I don't think that the depth of relationship or friendship has nothing to go with traditional customs like living with one person or having sex with them. If people call anyone they know and sometimes hang out with their friend, it doesn't mean that some other people can't have friends who are as close as family members. They just follow the average habits when it comes to friends. It is also cultural, in some country you talk to friends only about your hobbies or interests that connect you to them, in others you talk about everything, including your personal life
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.