[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask the LawFag anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.jpg (4KB, 140x223px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4KB, 140x223px
Happy Friday, /adv/ocates. I'm a lawyer, from Canada doing mostly family these days. I've had a few drinks so ask me anything. If it's a legal question, tell me what country you're in, and if from Canada/USA, from what province or state.

Don't be shy.
>>
>>17407868
Pic not related, I just think she's sexy.
>>
>>17407868
Suppose a guy smashes in windows from 10 cars and gets caught. The repair bill is $500 a window but he has only $2000 of liquid assets.

After he's found guilty of smashing in the windows how is the money distributed to the owners of the cars?

>$500 for the four fastest ones to claim it
>$200 for everyone

Simplified case but something like this happened to me, they caught the guy.
>>
>>17407961
Good question.
The accused should make whatever restitution he can. But he doesn't have to. If he does then he'll get a better result at sentencing.

In many jurisdictions there's a fund to compensate victims of crime, and that fund is added to by victim surcharge fines places upon the convicted.

Failing that, in an auto damage matter the victims should have insurance, right?
>>
>>17407977
Do I go to college for maths or biology? Yes, I plan on a phd
>>
>>17408090
Wow. I'm flattered that you'd ask me that, but I don't know you and I don't know what you like better.

Why not do both? Be a math major and biology minor?

In my post secondary experience, math is tough and you'll have to do a lot more work to do well than you did in high school. But if you really like math then try the math.

The math is probably harder than biology so try the math and see how it goes. It's easier to change to an easier major than a harder one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.