[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I Stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

> I live at home
> I'm a junior at University
> I have a pretty decent job
> Unhappy with not pursuing my career

I'm throwing it all out to pursue my practicum in another city. I'm doing it because I know if I stay I'll hate myself for not trying. I'm scared that I'll mess up; however I'm going through with it.

Is it just jitters or should I be worried? Had anyone do this before?
>>
>>17407315
You do realize that the point of going to school is to be qualified to do the career you want, right? Quitting with 1 year to go to try and get a job in your career is counter-intuitive. You can't get your career until you finish school.

Unless your career is unrelated to what your degree is, in which case you fucked up, and you need to change your major to what career you want.
>>
>>17407323
Sorry should have clarified. I'll be doing my practicum along with classes in the other city also. Essentially my uni has 2campuses abroad (which I belong to) and 2 in the US. I'll be attending the campus in New Jersey while living in manhattan. I'm still looking for internships tho
>>
>>17407329
Great, then you have nothing to worry about. As long as you are working toward the degree and getting the experience along the way to help you become more employable when you graduate.

So what's the problem?
>>
>>17407342
It's really just the worry that I'll fail. I'll be (hopefully) the first in my family to graduate with a degree. I'm worried that I'm leaving so much to chase something that might just end up exploding in my face. I mean I've dealt with poverty much of my life and I don't want to go back to that.

I mean I love my family. I love my job. But prior to me deciding to leave I always felt that sinking feeling of not doing what I'm supposed to.

I'm trying to get into law school after my undergrad.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.