[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your endgame and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I've been sitting and wondering where I want my life to go to. It's not like it's impossible, but it's just what is the dream? I feel like I can do anything I want to, but I don't know what.

Could you help out by telling me what your endgame in life is?
>>
I will die alone, upside down, on the floor of the pub toilet.
>>
>>17407251
Get married, buy a house, eventually buy some jet skis, eventually buy a lake place we can go to in the summer.

No kids. Neither my girlfriend nor myself want them. So all of our goals are very achievable given our income and where we want to settle. Both of us are happy in our jobs, too, so the "ratrace" of work isn't really a ratrace at all for us. We're doing what we love and getting paid for it.

When it comes to setting your own goals and dreams, make a list. Not a timetable. Timetables are stressful and will make you feel as though you failed if you didn't meet the deadline. Just make a list of everything you want. Then make a list of the ways you can achieve that.
>>
retire and live in comfort
>>
>>17407251
Failure is the only option if i ever have an objective so i don't.
>>
I just want a job that pays well enough for me to live comfortably. An apartment would be ok. A house and a girl who doesn't want kids would be great but far from necessary.
>>
>>17407251
I want to take my chinese tea hobby to full fruition maybe live in yunnan, hong kong or taiwan for a while, get a gf/wife, my dad has a few houses and apartment buildings, would love to remodel one of them even though its impossible as I have much older siblings who are financially independent so they will just buy out my part of the inheritance.
Enough blogging, as for you, identify what you want to reach in term of hobbies and career and work on it, there's no point in living another man's dream life.
>>
Manage the anxiety I feel about the burdens I bring into my life with the understanding that without such burden my life would lack meaning and substance. Try and relax and live in the moment more often rather than overthinking and trying to compensate for every outcome leading to constant disappointment and existential anguish. Try not to push others away at the same time due to insecurity because while are awareness of this burden varies, we all seek to share it with others in order to feel less isolated. Then die having played the hand this dealt me with honesty and integrity to no master except my authentic self identity?

I think this basically means sustain my current circumstances using my bullshit career the oppressiveness of which is partially negated by understanding I need to provide for my basic needs and the hobbies and relationships I have until family eventually die off and I inherit wealth to the point where I never really have to concern myself with work again? Maybe another 10 years?

At which point I will still not be free of burden. That will continue until I die. Happiness is a concept and feeling to move towards balanced by sadness and a goal to strive towards if you choose it rather than an actual endgame.
>>
Financial freedom.
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>17407375
Financial freedom can be easily had. You've just got to be prepared to ditch nearly everything currently important to you and suddenly your basic needs are really easy to meet. I didn't work a proper job for almost 10 years and just wandered from sofa to sofa and squat and commune to squat and commune playing music and occasionally working for no more than 3 months and then moving on with the money. I mean, don't get me wrong, it wasn't exactly without worry, but then neither is a family, home or job. Different kinds of worry I guess.
>>
>>17407251
after the kids move out probably just drink, smoke weed, try some dangerous drugs, play video game and chill till death.

If i have a ton of money i would travel.
>>
I want to move to San Francisco for the hiking scene and have a horrible, money-making job like working for an investment bank.

Wanna road trip the west coast national parks of the USA with the younger brother. Sometime soon I'm going to return to South America and visit patagonia.

I hope to keep in close contact with my three siblings. Do not under any circumstances ever want to be married or have children, but I wouldn't mind being eaten out a few more times.
>>
Buy a home, already married, get a job as a Pharmafag (almost done with schooling), save as much as possible and retire as early as possible. Don't plan on having kids.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.